PDA

View Full Version : Over $30,000 Added in Ohio on V-Tour in November

MikeJanis
11-05-2003, 11:57 PM
All the Action you can handle is in Ohio !!!

Also, Don't forget about the Glass City Open
November 12th -16th
http://www.glasscityopen.com/

***** 1-Pocket Event *****
November 6-7
Start Time = 6pm on Thursday
$2,000 Added
Cornfed Reds Billiards Cafe
5005 Chatterton Rd
Columbus, Ohio
614-834-1000
http://www.cornfedreds.com
Race to 3
9' Tables
Double Elimination
$60 Entry Fee
***+ $15 Viking Tour Card Required If You Are Not A Current Member

November 8-9 at NOON
$5,000 Added Regional Championship
9-Ball Tournament
Cornfed Reds Billiards Cafe
5005 Chatterton Rd
Columbus, Ohio
614-834-1000
Race to 9
9' tables
Double Elimination
http://www.cornfedreds.com
***Entry Fees = $55 For Current Viking Tour Members
= $75 For Non Viking Tour Members
= $30 For Non Touring Women Players
= $30 For Players Age 15 & Under
+ All Non Members Must Buy A $15 Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Card
This event has been happening annually at this location. Each year it only
gets better. Every road player around will be at this event. We have seen
more prize money won in the action games than in the event. The event
usually has over a $10,000 prize fund. DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT ! The ACTION
continues around the clock.

The Host Hotel For The Cornfed Red's event is...
Econo Lodge at 5950 Scarborough Blvd
Columbus, Ohio
Their phone # is 614-864-4670
The Rate is $35 + Tax

November 15-16 at 1pm
$1,000 Added
9-Ball Tournament
$30 Entry Fee
Q's 21
9570 Mentor Ave
Mentor, Ohio (Cleveland Area)
440-357-7665
9' Tables
Race to 7
Double Elimination
Q's was recently remodeled and has been under new ownership since last year.
They have Food & Liquor, 14 9' tables and some bar boxes. They have been
doing great tournaments in this location for the last decade. Be sure to
attend this one. The tables are being recovered with Championship Tour
edition Cloth This week. The Playing Conditions will be awesome. We will
also be playing with Aramith Super Pro Balls.

November 18th at 6pm (Tuesday evening Mini-Event)
$1,000 added
9-Ball Tournament
$30 Entry Fee
Northfield Billiards
10333 Northfield Rd
Northfield, Ohio
330-467-6865
9' Tables
Race to 7
Single Elimination
This event is your last chance to qualify for the lowest possible
registration fee of only $30 into the $25,000 National Championship. Come
and see the best play here!

November 19th-23rd
9-Ball Tournament - National Championship
$25,000 Guaranteed Prize Fund
$5,000 Minimum Guaranteed to 1st Place
The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour $25,000 National Championship
Will Be Held at Northfield Billiards . 10333 Northfield Rd.
Northfield, OH 44067 - 330-467-6865
http://www.northfieldbilliards.com
Open 9-Ball Tournament / Anyone Can Play
. Double Elimination . Race to 11* . No Player Limit*
. Players Meeting: Wed., Nov. 19TH at 4:00 p.m.
. Tournament Play Begins at 6 p.m. - World Standard Rules
*Match race and field size may change at tournament directors discretion.
- - - Entry Fees - - -
$0 Entry Fee For Current Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Members 03 Season.
Only a $30 Registration Fee.
$60 Registration Fee For 2002 Viking Tour Members
$80 Registration Fee For 2001 Viking Tour Members
$130 Registration Fee For Non-Viking Tour Members + $15 Tour Card $30
Registration Fee For Viking Tour Members 03 Season $130 For Non-Members To
Register for the event you MUST be there by 4pm Wednesday, Nov. 19th !!!
Or send your registration fee (Money Order Only) to:
The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour P.O.B. 111135 Cleveland, Ohio 44111

The Host Hotel for The National Championship is:
TRAVEL LODGE at 275 Highland Rd in Macedonia, OH
There phone # is 330-467-1615
The Rates are $35 for Single and $40 for a Double
Make sure you as for the Viking Tourney Rates as listed above. Also, be
sure to make your reservation early. We sold out the hotel last year.

All $1,000 and $2,000 Added Events Women and Junior players age 15 & under
get a FREE entry**

If you are not a current Viking Tour member you must purchase a tour card
for only $15. This membership is optional for the Women and Junior players
in the $1,000 & $2,000 added events only.

* $30 entry fee includes $10 table time.

** Amateur Women qualify for the free entry fee in the $1,000 and $2,000
added events. (Touring Women Pro's do not qualify for discounts) ** Junior
players must meet minimal requirements of ability and proof of age. (All
Junior players must check with host location for age restrictions
before coming to event.)
***$15 Viking Tour Card Qualifies all Members to be eligible to play in all
Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Events for the 2003 Season which includes all
$5,000.00 Added Regional Championships and the $25,000.00 Added National
There will also be a Player Auction at all of these events. The minimum bid
will be $10. The player auction is optional by player.

I hope to see at one or more of our events !

As always, I look forward to your comments.

Respectfully,
--
Mike Janis
The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour
1-800-200-POOL
vikingtour@sbcglobal.net
Viking Tour Information - link below
http://www.vikingcue.com/9balltour.htm
All events Played With Standardized Rules
http://www.wpa-pool.com/rules.htm

Support Our Awesome Sponsors.

Fran Airam
11-06-2003, 10:14 AM
I have a few questions for you..

#1 - Why is it that you're reporting the player's earnings by added-in the calcutta money?
The greenville tournament was paying 2020 for first / you have it listed as paying 2870........ // Obviously this includes the 850 for the calcutta but, at the most, the player only gets 1/2 the calcutta money and many players don't get involved in the calcutta at all.

#2 - I counted $8025 being taken-in from the entry-fees and the added money - and $7200(?) being paid-out. - Can you please take the time to explain this?

#3 - Did you have any "say" or control over the fiasco on Saturday night (referring to the hip-hop dance music - loud enough to shake the balls on the tables?) Did you say anything / do anything, to stop the most embarrassing, most unprofessional, most outrageous display of disrespect I have ever witnessed to the sport of pocket billiards?

#4 - Before I drive all the way up there - what does it take to qualify for the national-championship tournament? // Are they going to have a calcutta? Are you going to payback all of the money that comes in - or

......is Viking going to continue to misrepresent a player's earnings and continue to rob and disrespect the players?

RedHell
11-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Fran,

Even tho you might have valid points, I wouldn't know as I'm not following the tour at all, I have to mention I disagree with your approach !

This is your first post on the board and you used it to conduct some personal vandetta !

Let me ask you, did you ask Mike to explain those point in private before going public with accusation and attacks ?

Mike comes here to keep us informed about events. He's a valuable contributor to the board and I wouldn't like the fact that intervention like yours could push him to not do it anymore in fear that his public presence offers a media for people with a chip on their shoulders.

I suggest you tone down your post and try to clear this out with Mike first !

Just my 2 cents.

Rich R.
11-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Very good points Red. I agree completely.

Also, the difference between money coming in and money being paid out, could very easily be explained. Many places holding tournaments deduct a "greens fee" for the use of the tables. This is very common. I don't know if this is the case, but it would not be out of the ordinary.

ManlyShot
11-06-2003, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Airam:</font><hr>#2 - I counted $8025 being taken-in from the entry-fees and the added money - and $7200(?) being paid-out. - Can you please take the time to explain this?

#3 - Did you have any "say" or control over the fiasco on Saturday night (referring to the hip-hop dance music - loud enough to shake the balls on the tables?) Did you say anything / do anything, to stop the most embarrassing, most unprofessional, most outrageous display of disrespect I have ever witnessed to the sport of pocket billiards?

#4 - Before I drive all the way up there - what does it take to qualify for the national-championship tournament? // Are they going to have a calcutta? Are you going to payback all of the money that comes in - or

......is Viking going to continue to misrepresent a player's earnings and continue to rob and disrespect the players?<hr /></blockquote>

Fran, the Viking Tour continues to be a leader in highest payouts of total monies collected (IMO). There are some tours that cut a THIRD of the total monies. You must realize that it costs money to hold the ever-increasing multiple tournaments of the Viking Tour: advertising, logistical arrangements, Viking member ID cards, Viking fliers disseminated at each Viking event, printing costs, and probably a whole slew of other things I am unaware of.

As far as noise from the rail, you are never going to see any bar pool room venue that doesn't have noise, whether it is a a jukebox or live band or screaming football/baseball/basketball fans. It would be kind of difficult to require all bar pool rooms to enforce a keep-the-noise-down policy. Most likely, not every patron will be a Viking tournament player.

Viking Tour is one of the biggest tours going now in the country, with multiple events available to amateurs and/or pro players, which include tournaments in 9-ball, 8-ball, and one-pocket. Every time I read about another Viking Tournament, whether it is in Greenville, South Carolina, or Columbus, Ohio, I wonder whether Mike Janis ever sleeps.

The only disrespect I see is your unkind remarks about a guy who selflessly puts forth a lot of his personal time and probably money out of his pocket and makes the Viking Tour as successful as it is today.

Fran Airam
11-07-2003, 09:18 PM
In response to

Poster: RedHell
Subject: Re: Over $30,000 // Hey Mike!

Mr. Hell wrote.......
Fran,

Even tho you might have valid points, I wouldn't know&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

**Thankyou Mr. Hell (can I call you Red?) for admitting that you don't know.......

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
as I'm not following the tour at all, I have to mention I disagree with your approach !&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Hahahaha - well I disagree with yours, Mr. Hell.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
This is your first post on the board and you used it to conduct some personal vandetta !&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

That's an asumption - personally I like Mike - I think he's a great hustler and, on some level, I respect that.

It's my business.
The players are being disrespected, abused, robbed, cheated, lied-to...... - I take it personal..... I wish you did too, Mr. Hell........ but, perhaps you're not a player. Perhaps, you-too, do not give a [censored] about the players..... Perhpas you are another, sitting behind a desk in an airconditioned building, perhpas you-too couldn't run three balls against your little sister - and perhaps, you-too, are making millions off the backs of the true-players.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
Let me ask you, did you ask Mike to explain those point in private before going public with accusation and attacks ?&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Well, the music was too loud to have a conversation, Mike's assistant was too busy coming-by (every-5-minutes) begging people to buy raffle-tickets for fire-wood......, the owners of Gametime were busy asking spectators (hours after the tournament started - with no mention of this in their promotion, advertisement, fliers - nor at the door - as-if it were a professional-tournament) for money to watch the tournament (with the message "we have to come up with 5000-dollars"), mike was busy silently bidding, and stealing players, from the calcutta......... but yes - I did finally get a chance to talk to Mike's assistant (girlfriend) who stated "I don't know. I just hand out the envelopes.'

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
Mike comes here to keep us informed about events. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Looks like free Viking-spam to me, and I expect Billiard's Digest to be in-bed with the huge corporations who continue to feed off-of the players in this sport.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
He's a valuable contributor to the board and I wouldn't like the fact that intervention like yours could push him to not do it anymore in fear that his public presence offers a media for people with a chip on their shoulders.&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

His event was a public event where he gave the players and spectators no choice but to eat the crap that he shoveled.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
I suggest you tone down your post and try to clear this out with Mike first !

Just my 2 cents. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;.

Hey - thanks for your advice......
Now - can we please hear from Mike????? OR perhaps Gordon Hart - or anyone from Viking?

Fran Airam
american_billiards_union@yahoo.com

bolo
11-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I guess it is safe to say, you won't be playing in any of his tournaments. I doubt he is completely inaccessible 24 hours a day, get in touch with him, it doesn't sound like you tried very hard.. Why not bring all this up at the players meetings? This is not the right approach posting here, you just sound like a disgruntled player with a ax to grind. If you talk with him and are not satisfied with his answers then don't play. If all these problems you claim exist, why are you the only one complaining? Sounds personal to me. The venue where the tournament is played just is what it is. The owner is not going to shut down for the tournament. In most cases they lose money as a result of the tournament. If you don't want to play there don't go to that stop. Contrary to popular belief, the world does not revolve just to please you.

RedHell
11-10-2003, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Airam:</font><hr>

**Thankyou Mr. Hell (can I call you Red?) for admitting that you don't know.......

<font color="blue"> You're very much welcome. I might not know if your points were valid, but I sure know you expressed them wihout class and respect. </font color>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Hahahaha - well I disagree with yours, Mr. Hell.

<font color="blue"> Disagree ?!?! For some reason, I doubt you ever agree with anyone. Please explain to me your disagreement, tell me how your approach is right ? </font color>

That's an asumption - personally I like Mike - I think he's a great hustler and, on some level, I respect that.

<font color="blue"> It wasn't assumption it was your first post!</font color>

It's my business.

<font color="blue"> Hustling is your business ??? What are we dealing with here, a furstrated hustler being hustled ??? </font color>
The players are being disrespected, abused, robbed, cheated, lied-to......

<font color="blue"> The players ? How many ? and where are they today ? How come you seem the only one complaining ? </font color>

- I take it personal.....

<font color="blue"> Personal like in personal vandetta ? </font color>

I wish you did too, Mr. Hell........ but, perhaps you're not a player.

<font color="blue"> I'm not a pro-player no ! But I do play because I like, and by liking it and playing it, I enjoy myself. And all this fun I get is the results of guys like Mike </font color>

Perhaps, you-too, do not give a [censored] about the players.....

<font color="blue"> Yeah sure, like you do... you said it, it's personal, I'm sure if you had cashed in you wouldn't care much about the players would you ? </font color>

Perhpas you are another, sitting behind a desk in an airconditioned building,

<font color="blue"> Perharps I'm both... A player AND a employed professional.... Would that make me an employed professional player ? </font color>

perhpas you-too couldn't run three balls against your little sister

<font color="blue"> OK, that's it you have revealed the truth about me, you are right I can't run 3 balls against my little sister.... both of my sisters are older then I am, I don't have a little sister !!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

- and perhaps, you-too, are making millions off the backs of the true-players.

<font color="blue"> I'm sure there isn't millions to make off their back and I'm sure Mike is not making millions either !
</font color>

Well, the music was too loud to have a conversation, Mike's assistant was too busy coming-by (every-5-minutes) begging people to buy raffle-tickets for fire-wood......, the owners of Gametime were busy asking spectators (hours after the tournament started - with no mention of this in their promotion, advertisement, fliers - nor at the door - as-if it were a professional-tournament) for money to watch the tournament (with the message "we have to come up with 5000-dollars"), mike was busy silently bidding, and stealing players, from the calcutta......... but yes - I did finally get a chance to talk to Mike's assistant (girlfriend) who stated "I don't know. I just hand out the envelopes.'

<font color="blue"> There so is many contradiction in this last paragraph that I won't even address it. When someone have complains to formulate they usually find the way to do it. Don't try to humor me and make me believe you were all alone and add no one to talk too !!! Even more that, according to you, all the players were getting cheated, etc.</font color>

Looks like free Viking-spam to me,

<font color="blue"> SPAM is a term losely used nowadays, I suggest you go learn what it means. All the posts that Mike makes about the Viking tour are clearly written to inform people of tournements and venues...</font color>

and I expect Billiard's Digest to be in-bed with the huge corporations who continue to feed off-of the players in this sport.

<font color="blue"> And now BD is in it also ! Dang, Mike, Viking, BD, Gametime....did you check if they were involved with the Kenedy assassination ?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

His event was a public event where he gave the players and spectators no choice but to eat the crap that he shoveled.

<font color="blue"> Well you must have got a big bite from that shovel looking at the crap you've been spiting here! </font color>

Hey - thanks for your advice......

<font color="blue"> You're very much welcome, now let's see if you can use them... </font color>

Now - can we please hear from Mike?????
OR perhaps Gordon Hart - or anyone from Viking?

<font color="blue"> I believe he recently posted a thread just for you, let see how well behave you can be now that you've got my advices. </font color>

Fran Airam
american_billiards_union@yahoo.com
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Oh, I almost forgot, you can call me Red... Bye for now !!! </font color>

RUNaRAK
11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Red,

Nice come back. You did a fine job! Where did "Fran" come from anyways? Someone needs to take a chill ey?
Mike J. is still the man!

RedHell
11-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks J.B.

I suspect that will be the end of it. What ever happend next, I'll try not to get into a pissing contest !

It just drives me nuts when I see someone come in CCB and just try to run over someone. I don't know Mike, and I don't have the chance to participate in his tourneys, but I sure wish I could, even more now, just to encourage him !