PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Jesus, Mary, and Divinci?

Gayle in MD
11-06-2003, 12:18 AM
This show was aired a couple days ago, Monday I think, blew my mind. I ordered a copy from WJLA our ABC channel. Don't miss it if you get the chance to see it sometime, It was certainly interesting to say the least.

Love,
Gayle in Md.

Candyman
11-06-2003, 10:16 AM
I didn't see the movie. I new it would be controversial. The Christian Church has long stood by the belief, that Jesus was never married. The silence in the Gospels on this subject, His busy schedule, The Sermon on the Mount, are some of the reasons Christians feel, that He was never married. It seems to me, that if Jesus had been married, plenty evidence would be available in the scripture. JM2c's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
11-06-2003, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me, that if Jesus had been married, plenty evidence would be available in the scripture. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, that wasn't really part of the theory, marriage, I mean. Only that Mary Magdalin was pregnant with the son of Jesus, and that the painting of the last supper is filled with clues which Divinci painted into the picture regarding the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalin. And that Divinci was also a member of a secret kind of cult which was devoted to the mission of imparting to the world these clues regarding the true story of Jesus, but were unable to divulge through the spoken word because of fear. Comparasons were made between her escape to the South Of France and the Holy Grail. Now this is just a rough outline from someone who didn't see the whole thing. I did find it extremely interesting though

I did not see it from the very beginning, so I can't discuss it fully, but just thought it was an interesting threoy about how she was smuggled into the south of France, and the information that existed about her arrival there, as a pregnant woman, and also how the other apostles (sp)were jealous of her relationship with Jesus, and that one of the figures in the painting of the last supper had the face of a woman, and how the painting was shaped into a V, which was the femminine sign, and Oh there was so much more, but I will have to watch it when I get it, I have ordered a tape from the TV station. It wasn't a movie BTW, it was a documentary. Just found it very interesting, theory-wise. Several renowned historians were interviewed, and I just kept wishing I had seen it from the beginning.

I understand it has caused quite a stir...

Gayle in Md.

WaltVA
11-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Gayle - I didn't see the program (had a pool match that night), but I understand it was sparked by the reaction to Dan Brown's book The DaVinci Code. You really want to read it if you're interested in this concept.

Walt in VA

Candyman
11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Quote Gayle:

Well, that wasn't really part of the theory, marriage, I mean. Only that Mary Magdalin was pregnant with the son of Jesus
----------------------------------------------------------
If this were true, that would mean the whole Bible is a sham. Jesus could not be who he claimed to be. He was the perfect one. He died a terrible death on a Roman cross to wash away the sins of those people who believed and accepted Him.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Thank you Walt, I plan to read the book. Also, thanks for the spelling correction, waz jes feelin' lazy today, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Love,
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Well, it could mean a lot of things, you are right. It is very provocative, and as I said, I found it very interesting.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-07-2003, 02:01 PM
The documentary was a sham; shame on them...In my Bible, Roman Ecclesiastics, pg 666...it clearly states "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Mr Ingrate
11-07-2003, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The documentary was a sham; shame on them...In my Bible, Roman Ecclesiastics, pg 666...it clearly states "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" <hr /></blockquote>

You're a beast Jack. My favorite passage has to do with food and drink, II Kings 18:27.

wolfdancer
11-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Dave, I'll check that out....
Actually I ordered "The Da Vinci Code" the other day from Amazon..but didn't see the tv thing

Mr Ingrate
11-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Jack,

I read the Da Vinci Code a number of weeks ago. It is written by a Canadian author. Lot of food for thought in there. Apparently it was a pagan that decided the books that made up the bible from amongst a plethora of manuscripts. You'll find the part about the "devine proportion" also very interestng. I had never heard of it before. The book was available at our library here in Victoria, as are most new books almost as soon as they are released.

wolfdancer
11-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Dave, you've got my number. I found the passage at www.bible.org/ (http://www.bible.org/)
Hope they washed their hands after they ate...
They didn't have censors in dem days?

Mr Ingrate
11-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Jack,

They cleaned up the language in that version. The original language is:

http://www.htmlbible.com/kjv30/B12C018.htm