PDA

View Full Version : New Ted Harris cue arrived!!

ShayneinDayton
11-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Nothing makes my day better than to come home from work to find a new custom cue waiting for me. This is a cue that I help pick the wood types and design. Ted just finished up the cue a few weeks ago. Ted was pretty happy with the design and the way all the colors popped, so he asked if he could take the cue to the Mid-West Billiards Expo. While there he had the cue shot for the upcoming edition of the Blue Book of Cues where the cue will be featured and the description will include my name! Very cool. The following is how Ted describes the cue:

The cue consists of a fiery orange cocobolo joint, followed by an ebony front cored with laminated maple, with 6 points of fiery orange cocobolo wrapped in maple-black-maple veneers of alternating length. The points on this cue are very long. The black textured leather wraps a laminated handle and is bordered by a fiery orange cocobolo butt sleeve and a black phenolic butt plate. The cue has ringwork throughout at A,B,C,D,E, two shafts, and was custom made for Shayne Dillinger @ 60" in length. Cue weighs 19.25 oz.

The workmanship is second to none on this truely beautiful cue. The cocobolo looks like it could glow in the dark and it boggles my mind how a human can get points that sharp and even. I'm not to good at describing a cues hit and after all it is subjective, but I'll say it's very "pure" with no buzzes or harshness. The hit is very pleasing and makes you rush to next shot just so you can hit agian.

Now you may wonder how much a cue like this costs. $1150. Or you can do like I did and win a Fantasy 9-Ball event which is $15 for three events. I won Brady's Mid-Atlantic 9-Ball event and Ted gave me the chance to personalize the winning cue by allowing me to help with the design. I know that maney of you here already play F9B. I think Joe T. won the last session. If you've never played you might consider giving it a shot on the upcoming Glass City Open.

Thanks a lot Ted & Brady!!!

Have a nice day.

Shayne

cycopath
11-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a real beauty! You gonna take some pics of it?

Nothing's better than getting a new cue in the mail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brady_Behrman
11-06-2003, 11:17 PM
So glad to hear you got that beauty. I posted some pics for you on www.poolplayersparadise.com (http://www.poolplayersparadise.com) in the cues section of the image gallery.

BTW. You can post as many images as you like at poolplayersparadise.com . Its a community album..

Enjoy The Sweet hit of that cue!

Thanks
Brady Behrman
www.Fantasy9ball.com (http://www.Fantasy9ball.com)

UWPoolGod
11-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Sweet looking cue. I love the plain look without inlays. He did a great job.

ShayneinDayton
11-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks, the pictures don't do it justice. That
cocobolo really pops under the lights.

Shayne

JoePickens
11-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Shayne,

Where do you play at in Dayton? Are you ever at Airway or Play Time Billiards?

Joe Pickens

ShayneinDayton
11-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey Joe,

I play at Airway about every Monday night. Sometimes in Playtimes Thursday tourny. We've played a couple of times. I think you put me out of the Airway tourny once and I know we played a few racks at Playtime during lunch.

Talk at you later.
Shayne

JoePickens
11-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Shayne,

Okay, now I know who you are. I know someone else who has a Ted Harris cue so I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

You know, I wonder if you planned on giving me that for Christmas? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh well, wishful thinking.

Joe

ted harris
11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Here is a much better picture of the cue, but it still does not do it justice!
Shayne Dillinger Cue (http://www.tedharris.com/images/6_point_shayne_dillinger.jpg)