PDA

View Full Version : Your most racks run in a row?

UWPoolGod
11-06-2003, 02:13 PM
I was wondering about stringing consecutive racks together today and wondered how many you all have done. I tried to search the archive, to no avail.

Mine aren't that impressive which is why I was wondering. I had a 4-pack in 9-ball, and a 7-pack in 8-ball. Ended on not making a ball on the break both times.

The 9ball was on a 9ft GC..8ball on a 8foot Valley coin-op

Kato
11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
I've had a 3 pack in 9-ball and 6 balls /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've had a 3 pack in 8-ball APA style (I think I slopped a ball) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~not impressive

Popcorn
11-06-2003, 02:50 PM
A few readers may think this is sort of an egotistical thread, but the ability to put racks together consistently, is what really makes a player. It separates the good 9 ball players from the great players. It makes no difference who you are playing if you keep them in the chair. I have lost to champions and never missed a ball and ran out every time I was open. You play perfect and lose 11 to 4. It is the ultimate power those top 9 ball players have over you and if you can't do it yourself, you can't win. When you are on the receiving end, it can be a real epiphany.

UWPoolGod
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah I know all about sitting and waiting my turn. I have yet to play in a serious big tourney with long races, but even with short race to three's I have several times sat in the chair and only get up to rack. Played a guy a month or so ago. Race to three 9ball. He won the lag, broke didn't make a ball and I ran out. I broke, didn't make a ball, he ran out the next 3 for the win. I got up to rack. Of course I should have made a ball ont he break, that was my mistake...and you can't do that against the good players.

Rick the stick
11-06-2003, 10:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> A few readers may think this is sort of an egotistical thread, but the ability to put racks together consistently, is what really makes a player. It separates the good 9 ball players from the great players. It makes no difference who you are playing if you keep them in the chair. I have lost to champions and never missed a ball and ran out every time I was open. You play perfect and lose 11 to 4. It is the ultimate power those top 9 ball players have over you and if you can't do it yourself, you can't win. When you are on the receiving end, it can be a real epiphany. <hr /></blockquote>

Fred, you have blinders on, all that proves is 9 ball is a stupid and unfair game only for gambling and ball bangers and drunks. As a game of skill, it is a joke like you. Straight pool is the only test of skill.
Mosconi never was a 9 ball player but his high run was 2l racks in a row on a 9' table, the run was unfinished, the guy ran out of money so Willie stopped playing. Like I said, you or nobody else could ever carry Willies jock strap into a pool hall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-07-2003, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rick the stick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Like I said, you or nobody else could ever carry Willies jock strap into a pool hall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know popcorn personally, but seriously doubt he is interested in carrying anyone's jock strap anywhere!

Perk
11-07-2003, 07:24 AM
Larry

Steve Lipsky
11-07-2003, 08:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rick the stick:</font><hr> Mosconi never was a 9 ball player but his high run was 2l racks in a row on a 9' table, the run was unfinished, the guy ran out of money so Willie stopped playing. <hr /></blockquote>

Here's the thing: I love straight pool, and I also love Mosconi. I don't much like 9-ball. You would think we agree, right? Well, up until the "21 rack run" part.

Do you honestly believe this is true? I mean, sit down and think about it right now. Do you honestly believe it is possible to run 21 racks of 9-ball? Make a ball 21 racks in a row? Get position 21 racks in a row? Get a runnable table 21 racks in a row? Note that these 3 things all have to take place before you've even shot ball 1. In other words, even if you never ever missed a ball (which everybody does, to some extent), it would still not be possible.

I still like the Steve Mizerak-learning-to-shoot-pool-in-a-Chicago-Bar-in-his-20s story better, but 21 racks of 9-ball (unfinished, to boot) is a close second.

- Steve

cycopath
11-07-2003, 10:03 AM
This last Halloween, I put three 6-packs together.

Out of those 18, I came home with 4 beers left. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
11-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Steve Don Willis told me Jimmy Moore ran 27 racks of nineball at 100 a game. Then he busted Jimmys balloon by saying Yeah but he just got even.

I ran 23 racks in straight pool but never ran three racks in nineball. I played Toby Sweet nineball and didn't put 3 balls in on the break, while he put 9 nineballs in. I would play a safe break hitting off the oneball and sending the cueball to the lower rail. He would pushout on the one but we were then playing straight pool because all the balls were bunched up at the bottom of the table. After 4/5 hours his break was to much and I ended down 12 games.####

Rick the stick
11-08-2003, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Larry <hr /></blockquote>

Me, I can't run 3 friggin balls, but Larry has ran 272 in straight, 60 in rotation, 3 racks in a row of cribbage, 8 racks in a row of 8 ball, 9 racks in a row of 9 ball, a century on a 6x12 and a 10 on a billiard table. It upsets him when bozo's who can't run 3 friggin balls run his game down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick the stick
11-08-2003, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rick the stick:</font><hr> Mosconi never was a 9 ball player but his high run was 2l racks in a row on a 9' table, the run was unfinished, the guy ran out of money so Willie stopped playing. <hr /></blockquote>

Mr. Lipsey, do you believe Mosconi ran 526 and today nobody can run more and 150? Do you believe Eufemia ran 625, yes sir this happened. So why do you have a problem accepting Mosconi ran 168 at 9 ball. Let me tell you why, because most of the ladies you are around are not what I call ball runners or rack runners. The top 5 can beat any man and now most of your top 10 play great. Many of the rest of the field out of the top 10 will play a set and maybe run one rack at best. When you do not see a lot of big runs being made any more it can lead to doubt anyone could have ran 2l racks. We have a lot of players today with full time jobs and pool now is a weekend thing in both the mens and ladies fields. They are not getting in the practice time and the competition time they once did in other eras. You are seeing many who are really semi amateurs or semi pro's. The really great players who knew how to play and run balls, like Greenleaf, Mosconi, Eufemia, Crane, Caras, Lassiter &amp; The Babe and a dozn more I could name knew how to run balls.

Their skill level is so much higher than what you see going down around you, of course you cannot believe it. I believe it, because each of the above players named I all saw run 2 or 3 hundred with my own eyes. Believe it.

Did Willie run the 21 racks, I do not know, I was not there, but I can tell you this, Willie was so great, he was very honest about what he did and he did not lie or fudge much as others did. He did not have to. Just read his book, Willies story, his 21 rack run is in there, he said he did it, he said it in print, that is good enough for me. If Willie signed his name to it, I'll repeat it.

Steve the problem with old tales is this, the fish grows. The more the tale is told, the bigger the fish grows. Jimmy Morre was better than Mosconi, much more so when they got older. Willie just held up better under the lights and in the finals than Jimmy did. Cowboy was one of the greatest players to ever live, he just never got his real due and respect. That cat had it all. If those two evey got in a gambling match for their own money and both were betting their socks, I would put my sock on the cowboy. I'd lay a carbunkle on him.

Jimmy laid down 27 racks, sorry, I go tilt on that puppy, there is a limit to what I will buy. those guys then were playing on mostly 10' tables or 9 footers. 20 racks on a bar box Archer has done, 20 racks on a 9' table is totally in another league, up there with the 526 straight pool run, as good as can be done. 27 racks, I cant buy that one. You and I have stood next to each other on the crap table at the Riveria in Vegas, you just do not know who I am.

Steve, back then to string racks, you did not have to have a shot, you could pick up the cue ball and set it where you wanted it, and say, you want the shot or do I take it to begin the run if you made a ball on the break. The trap was to give the guy a shot he could not make, but you could. That is how Mosconi probably strung 2l in a row together, in their world, that was running 21 racks. Mosconi would have robbed you with this. Maybe he broke and ran most of them and pushed out a few times when he did not have a good shot on the one ball. Maybe he ran all 21 without a push, I do not know, we may never know, that is the problem with these things from the past. All I do know is Willie was the greatest ball runner I ever saw and yes he could have done this he was that good.

I never saw anyone who could cut a ball better or farther than him. He would set up damn near a 90 degee shot you knew you had no chance on and you would say shoot and the sob would cut it in on you and run out. Shots I would bank, Mosconi would cut in at angles I thought could not be done. The guy was un beatable period. You had no chance against this guy, none.

Steve, you are a great man, I highly respect you, you are great for pool, but sir in all due respect, if you have ever watched willie run 150 and out which I had and I am sure you have as well then you know what this man could do. Please this is not to offend you, so allow me to apologize in advance. Pool we are seeing on TV today, is a far cry what was performed a half century ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve Lipsky
11-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, apart from this being a fairly offensive post to me and anyone I watch play, someone who has been around the game as long as you have should understand the term "run 21 racks".

Running consecutive racks does not involve:

[ QUOTE ]
you could pick up the cue ball and set it where you wanted it, and say, you want the shot or do I take it to begin the run if you made a ball on the break. The trap was to give the guy a shot he could not make, but you could. <hr /></blockquote>

This is assenine. This is winning 21 racks in a row. Not running them. This distinction is a big pet peeve of mine. You string racks when your opponent doesn't push, kick, defer a push, whatever. He sits in his chair and racks.

I am a huge Mosconi fan, and I have read the book. I do know some people that have some negative things to say about him, mostly concerning his conduct. But as far as his play, there is very little disagreement there.

I appreciate that you think I am a stand-up guy, but I assure you the way to my heart is not to tell me that the women I watch all suck. Some play good, some not so good, but they all try very hard. They do not deserve such comments, especially when they had nothing to do with this thread at all.

Every time I give you the benefit of the doubt, you write a post like this.

- Steve

Rick the stick
11-08-2003, 10:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Well, apart from this being a fairly offensive post to me and anyone I watch play, someone who has been around the game as long as you have should understand the term "run 21 racks".

Steve, may I respond please, Let's clean a few things up, first, you ain't been around longer than me, I am older than dirt. I saw Greenleaf play, you did not. I saw Hoppe play, you did not. I highly respect you and what you do and who you are, sincerly, and yes, you are a stand up guy, no question about that either.

I am just trying to explain how this 2l rack thing might have went down and how it was possible. In their time, in their rules, maybe they considered that 21 racks ran. I don't know, like I said, I was not there.

Steve, go back and search, where in the hell did I say all of the women pro's suck, you said that, I never did. I said some things you did not like, bingo, out of text I go to make me look bad. What I was trying to politely trying to tell you is you have nobody you are hanging around who has a hoot in hell of every running 21 racks in a row. If you want to see that done, follow around Archer or Stricklin, men do these things, women do not. Sometimes the truth does bite.
The top 5 women can beat just about any guy now, they are fantastic, your top 10 are now solid as hell, get out of that, they are entertaining but not in the mens class by a long shot. I have no desire to get into some losing debate on this I will just get smeared over. I have nothing but the highest level of respect for every member of the wpba and their skills and their pro level of play and public exposure. What they have done and their tour, has simply put the men to shame. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cueball1950
11-08-2003, 10:54 PM
I am not going to stick up for MR Lipsky because his play and reputation for fairness and honesty can stand alone on its own merits. Well all i will say to this post is that MR LIPSKY is now and forever will be one of the nicest and most honest GENTLEMAN that anyone will ever have the pleasure of meeting. I have seen Steve Play both 9 ball and 14.1 and the MAN does play both VERY,VERY well. And he does hang around and play with Men that can string racks together. Let me see if i can name a couple. There is GINKY, Frankie Hernandez, Mika Immonenand MR Robles. They all hang and play in NYC. Are they all professional enough for any tournament. he, MR LIPSKY, also plays some of the best 14.1 players out there. Lets see. You have Mr Hopkins, Dan Barouty,and again MR Robles. They all have runs in the 100's. So i would have to say he is in good company most of the time..Just my 2 cents worth....................mike

Steve Lipsky
11-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Well, against my better judgment, I'll respond, just to set the record straight. You originally wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
because most of the ladies you are around all day long cannot get out from the 5 ball and most play an entire set and do not run a rack. <hr /></blockquote>
I responded with:
[ QUOTE ]
I assure you the way to my heart is not to tell me that the women I watch all suck. <hr /></blockquote>
At which you responded:
[ QUOTE ]
Steve, go back and search, where in the hell did I say all of the women pro's suck, you said that, I never did. <hr /></blockquote>
Um, you didn't say <font color="blue">all of the women pro's suck</font color>. I never accused you of such. The only women I watch are the ones that play in NY. What made you think I was talking about pro players? I don't even watch women's pro pool. What the hell are you talking about?

Also, you are now agreeing that Mosconi probably never "ran" the 21 racks, by the proper definition. All I originally said was that I didn't believe he strung them. You then responded by saying I was right, that he probably ran them using some wacky definition. What is the problem??? I believe that he won 21 straight games at one time, maybe even without his opponent taking an offensive shot. WE ARE IN AGREEMENT ABOUT THIS!

You are acting crazy, "Rick".

- Steve

bolo
11-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Larry, I was told you almost never leave the house anymore and are slowly losing your mind.. I guess what I have heard is true and we here have a front row seat as you descend into the darkness of complete insanity. I will be watching.

Steve Lipsky
11-08-2003, 11:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> ... and we here have a front row seat as you descend into the darkness of complete insanity. <hr /></blockquote>

ROFL

- Steve

Robert Pirrazzi
11-09-2003, 02:27 AM
In Mosconi's book he says he won 13 straight games of 9-ball, not 21 games, and he never says he ran them consecutively.

Rick the stick
11-09-2003, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Larry, I was told you almost never leave the house anymore and are slowly losing your mind.. I guess what I have heard is true and we here have a front row seat as you descend into the darkness of complete insanity. I will be watching. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Bolo, how ya doin, thanks for your words of encouragment, you know there is a fine line between genius and maddnes. When I go out in public now they tether me with a rope to my German Shepherd Max the Wonder Dog, then they know the dog will always bring me home. It's all the damn booze, it's rotten me bloomin mind into a mush. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick the stick
11-09-2003, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Well, against my better judgment, I'll respond, just to set the record straight. You originally wrote:
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
because most of the ladies you are around all day long cannot get out from the 5 ball and most play an entire set and do not run a rack. <hr /></blockquote>
I responded with:
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I assure you the way to my heart is not to tell me that the women I watch all suck. <hr /></blockquote>
At which you responded:
Steve, go back and search, where in the hell did I say all of the women pro's suck, you said that, I never did. <hr /></blockquote>
Um, you didn't say <font color="blue">all of the women pro's suck</font color>. I never accused you of such. The only women I watch are the ones that play in NY. What made you think I was talking about pro players? I don't even watch women's pro pool. What the hell are you talking about?

Also, you are now agreeing that Mosconi probably never "ran" the 21 racks, by the proper definition. All I originally said was that I didn't believe he strung them. You then responded by saying I was right, that he probably ran them using some wacky definition. What is the problem??? I believe that he won 21 straight games at one time, maybe even without his opponent taking an offensive shot. WE ARE IN AGREEMENT ABOUT THIS!

You are acting crazy, "Rick".

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Mr. Lipsey, upon review of my post, yes you are right, there were some things in there I wish I had not said and should not have said and was not a true indication of how I feel on it. It was a giant, stick my foot in my mouth and screw up royal, I was wrong and I have edited that post so it reads more what I really wanted to say. Sorry is all I can say about this. Bolo is going to have me for lunch now, he is sharpening the knives and has started the fire over the bar B Que pit where he is going to slice and dice me. By the way, running 9 ball racks is easier when there is no heat on. In a casual match or gambling some high runs do occur. Under the lights or on the tourney floor some become more cautious and play safe more now than they used to. That is leading to less racks being ran. Correct me if I am wrong, but the PBT ran for a long time and I think their tour high run record was 9 racks, Medina va Incardona. That tells you something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick the stick
11-09-2003, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Robert Pirrazzi:</font><hr> In Mosconi's book he says he won 13 straight games of 9-ball, not 21 games, and he never says he ran them consecutively. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi robert, some data on Willie, from the book, Willies game by Stanley Cohen, pages 83 &amp; 84, in baseball today you can hit .250 and be a star, in 1941 you got send down to the minors for that, Williams hit .400, DiMaggio hit safe in 56 consecutive games so other sports has higher performace skills in other eras also. Greenleaf played an entire tournament and did not miss a called shot. Ralph's high run was 276 on a 10' table, he never played on a 9'. Crane was first to run over 300 making 309 in 1939, Willie tied it and then did 365 on the 10' table. In 194l the game was to 125 points. A 125 and out was very rare up to that point. Greenleaf first did it in 1929. Willie ran 125 and out 5 times in one tournament and did it four more times that year. He had one perfect 125 and out where his cue ball was never further away from any object ball more than 18" on 124 shots in a row.
On page 135 Willie describes a match for $50 a rack at 9 ball where he ran 13 straight racks, the run was unfinished because the guy ran out of money and stopped the match.
Yes, again I am sorry and I do stand corrected, Willie did not run 21 racks of 9 ball, it was 13, I will endeavor to be more accurate and careful in the future, I thank you for correcting me sir.

Rick the stick
11-09-2003, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Larry, I was told you almost never leave the house anymore and are slowly losing your mind.. I guess what I have heard is true and we here have a front row seat as you descend into the darkness of complete insanity. I will be watching. <hr /></blockquote>

BOLO, EVEN A MAD DOG NEEDS LOVE TOO. You know you can't handle two things at the same time. Now be a good boy and go back to bashing and trashing Scott Lee. finish that job. After you total him then you can come back for me, I ain't going no where. You know where to find me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigkathyintampa
07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Hi ####!
You'll remember me in a minute. I used to post here years ago. I'm friends with Buddy, the late Steve Cook, Tommy Kennedy, Bob Ogborn, Dave Favor, Gene Catrone, Ben Conway, N Y Blackie and a bunch more.
My high run 9-ball is 4 racks. I stopped when I missed making a ball on the break. Interestingly enough, my straight pool run is the same, 28 balls. I hardly ever play straights anymore. My old playing partner died.
I've beat Buddy Hall in practice 4 games of 9-ball in a row, even, before he got pissed and exercised a bit. I beat a pro named Ben Conway 7 games in a row, in practice and even. He was so mad he bit his cigar in half, and he treated his cigars like gold. Benny quit practising with me after that. I also trapped Tommy Kennedy in a practice game where you bank the 9-ball, otherwise even. Won that too, I sunk a called 4 rail bank on him. He screamed at the top of his lungs. Then he took me to dinner. This was about 2 weeks after he won the U S Open. Not bad for a broad, if I do say so myself.

Scott Lee
07-12-2004, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rick the stick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Larry, I was told you almost never leave the house anymore and are slowly losing your mind.. I guess what I have heard is true and we here have a front row seat as you descend into the darkness of complete insanity. I will be watching. <hr /></blockquote>

BOLO, EVEN A MAD DOG NEEDS LOVE TOO. You know you can't handle two things at the same time. Now be a good boy and go back to bashing and trashing Scott Lee. finish that job. After you total him then you can come back for me, I ain't going no where. You know where to find me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Larry...It is so sad to see that you STILL have this ridiculous vendetta against me. Obviously my offer to "bury the hatchet" between us, and act as professionals has never been seriously considered by you. Too bad! You know you are considered a "joke" by most of us in the profession. Also too bad, because I believe you have a great deal of knowledge you could choose to share, but don't. You do, however, seem to get a great deal of personal satisfaction out of badmouthing other people.
Just remember, if you are truly the Christian you claim to be, you will one day have to answer to your Maker!

Scott Lee /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
07-12-2004, 12:27 PM
I must have missed this post, well I miss a lot at times. lol My consecutive rack runs are higher but this is one was fun. You had to be there. lol I run three racks of 8 ball playing one handed. The guy quit, many quit when your on a roll. In almost every area (except 14-1) of total racks run the person quit, so you never know. Sometimes you feel like you could play for hours and not miss a ball.

Rod

tateuts
07-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Scott,

Relax, you got fooled, my friend. Check out the dates of those posts - last November. I guess Fast Larry and Bolo found somewhere else to hang.

Chris

poolplayer1988
07-12-2004, 07:32 PM
The most racks I've ever ran without the opponent moving from his chair except to rack the balls is 4. The most racks I've put together with the opponent only getting to the table to shoot at a defensive shot and then sitting down is 9. The toughest opponent I've ever played and beat is a guy named Chip Roberson from my hometown, 9 racks in a row. Not sure if anyone ever heard of him. He's probably in his mid 40's to early 50's and a hell of a player in all games. He is definitely the toughest player I've ever played and he is the closest I've ever came to playing someone that is pro speed where I actually did well. This was several months ago when I just got back into the game and my stroke wasn't even in full speed yet. I wish I could find him now and try to see what I can do with him. Most in 14.1 is 78. Most in One Pocket is two 8 and out games in a row with a ball in my pocket on the break on both. Most in 8 ball is 6 in a row without missing. I actually started out in 8 ball and that's my strongest game, then 14.1, then One Pocket and 9 Ball last, but I love 9 Ball.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

Tommy_Davidson
07-13-2004, 12:18 AM
&gt; In 9-ball,5 racks on a 9-foot Diamond,6 on an 8-foot Steepleton with 2-car pockets,and had a 5 rack run along with a 4 rack run in the same race to 13,and 7 playing on a 7 foot Valley with fresh Simonis. In 8-ball,4 racks on the same Valley playing in a bar-type challenge table format. My high run playing 14.1 is 114,my only 100 ball effort in fact,second high is 84. Tommy D.

SpiderMan
07-13-2004, 06:41 AM
I once knew a Doug Talbot in Dallas. Could that be you?

SpiderMan

poolplayer1988
07-13-2004, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I once knew a Doug Talbot in Dallas. Could that be you?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah! Dallas, that's me! Naw, just kidding...I'm only 31 years old, and I've never been to Dallas. I used to drive a rig on the east coast from Florida to Canada and everywhere in between, but never anywhere out west. Maybe a long-lost relative or something? Most of my relatives are from Utah, so maybe some of'em trickled down that way.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

rah
07-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Bolo, I heard from a little birdie that you are Popcorn.

rah
07-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Larry...It is so sad to see that you STILL have this ridiculous vendetta against me. Obviously my offer to "bury the hatchet" between us, and act as professionals has never been seriously considered by you. Too bad! You know you are considered a "joke" by most of us <font color="red"> </font color> (so you are still carrying the hatchet too I see!) - in the profession. Also too bad, because I believe you have a great deal of knowledge you could choose to share, but don't. <font color="red"> </font color> (Fast does share if you are willing only to listen) You do, however, seem to get a great deal of personal satisfaction out of badmouthing other people <font color="red"> </font color> (heh, Don Rickles made a profession out of doing this - why can't Larry?).
Just remember, if you are truly the Christian you claim to be, you will one day have to answer to your Maker!

Scott Lee /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rah:</font><hr>

...(Fast does share if you are willing only to listen)....<hr /></blockquote>

He does share.

and share...

and share...

and share...

and share...

and share...

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
07-13-2004, 09:58 AM
@#$% Wally, I was trying to stay off this thread but that was just toooo funny /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Although Scott is right, Larry has some views on billiards that can be very helpfull. I read an article of his on the stroke that I have found to help my game. But all the other stuff that goes on takes away from what he has to offer.

Woody - wonders who brought this thread back to life?

Scott Lee
07-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Chris...OOPS! LOL I didn't even NOTICE the post dates! Duh...I guess I should learn to READ MORE CAREFULLY, before jumping up on the soapbox again! LOL Thanks for pointing that out, my friend!

Scott

ABChad
07-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Last night I had the greatest and worst night in my pool playing career, and I figured that I would share it with all of you! I have been a humble 4, APA style, for the two years I have been in the league. I play 20-30 hours a week, work in the billiard ind. and learn as much about the game as I can from anyone or anywhere! So, the point of this is that I know I should be getting better, but it hasn't really shown, until last night...

Our team is in second place in our division, and last night we played the first place team. I was chosen as the anchor, I'm a pretty good shot for a 4, and all four matches before mine were lost! So, I end up playing this teams' sandbagging 6 (the guy should be a 7, as he was in several other local divisions), and I swept him! He won the lag, broke, didn't make anything in, and never walked back up to the table to shoot!!! How do you like them apples? So at any rate, after a single inning game, and two consecutive break and runs, I don't think I'll be a 4 any longer!

The greatest thing about last night was that after our match was over, I continued my streak! I've never run out consecutive racks before, what a great feeling! I think I finally "understand" the game

By the way, for any of you that are curious, I ran out 5 consecutive racks before ending my run with a poor (VERY POOR) break... maybe I should've checked that rack...

Pelican
07-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Well, they wasn't in a row but last Sat nite I watched Scotty Townsend beat the ghost 7-3 on a TIGHT 9' Diamond Pro. Rules were: 9 on break gets spotted, ball in hand after break. Other than that regular rules. How many here would do that away from home betting every cent you had on you. Scotty's got cajones in my book. I was on the rail, one hell of a show. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BillPorter
07-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Pelican,

I have two quick Scotty Townsend stories for you. While watching him play in a tournament in Texas a couple of years back, he told me he thought he was the favorite to win the tournament. When I asked him why he thought that, he replied, "Because I am the most FLUID of all the players here." I thought that comment interesting, even though he didn't win the tournament. (I think JJ won that one.) The other story, occuring at the same tournament, comes from talking to the tournament director, John McChesney. When I asked John who he would pick in a head butting contest, he immediately said he'd pick Scotty hands down. Told me that Scotty had once jumped off a bridge over the Mississippi River on a $100 bet.

SpiderMan
07-15-2004, 09:42 AM
If two posters (such as Bolo and Popcorn) have the same IP address, it doesn't necessarily mean they are the same person. For example, they could work together and post from the same workplace. Fran used to think that Sid V and I were the same person, until she met us both.

SpiderMan

Frank_Glenn
07-15-2004, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> If two posters (such as Bolo and Popcorn) have the same IP address, it doesn't necessarily mean they are the same person. For example, they could work together and post from the same workplace. Fran used to think that Sid V and I were the same person, until she met us both.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
[geek mode]
Cable modem users usually have a fixed IP, but dialup users get a different one every time they call up. I have more than one computer on my home network and they all show the same IP to the net, although they have different "network" IP's assigned by the router.
[/geek mode]

OnePocketChamp
07-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Not sure this qualifies but I went through 4 racks(table dances) in a row at Fantasy Ranch the other night but on the 5th rack I lost control of my right hand and committed a house foul and was thrown out. But did have a 6 pack on the way home----smiling all the way!!!!!

Pelican
07-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Howdy Bill, what Scotty probably meant was 'fluid' intake. You never see him wihtout a 'cocktail' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pelican
07-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Yep OPC, I like yer idea of 'racks' /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif better that the others /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric.
07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Are we still talkin Pool?

Eric

Popcorn
07-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I have a computer in my shop and we posted from the same computer. The number is right there for all to see, no attempt to hide anything we even posted to the same threads. I got a few PM's back then asking me what was up but I never felt a need to publicly explain to anyone who really cares.

Pelican
07-15-2004, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Are we still talkin Pool?

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Sure we are /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif