PDA

View Full Version : Viking (spin-offf 1)

Fran Airam
11-06-2003, 04:22 PM
ManlyShot wrote:
You must realize that it costs money to hold the ever-increasing multiple tournaments of the Viking Tour: advertising, logistical arrangements, Viking member ID cards, Viking fliers disseminated at each Viking event, printing costs, and probably a whole slew of other things I am unaware of.<<<<<<<>>>>>>>
=================

Thank you for your post.
Your response brings up many more issues and many more questions... // Currently I have time for just the below - but I'll be back soon.

1-being - Shouldn't the players be made aware that they are paying for Viking's advertisement and promotion budget?

#2 - If Viking is not putting up their own money and getting their ad/promo money from the players - shouldn't the players get a percentage of Viking's multi-million-dollar profit?

Fran Airam

Rick the stick
11-06-2003, 10:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Airam:</font><hr> ManlyShot wrote:
You must realize that it costs money to hold the ever-increasing multiple tournaments of the Viking Tour: advertising, logistical arrangements, Viking member ID cards, Viking fliers disseminated at each Viking event, printing costs, and probably a whole slew of other things I am unaware of.&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
=================

Thank you for your post.
Your response brings up many more issues and many more questions... // Currently I have time for just the below - but I'll be back soon.

1-being - Shouldn't the players be made aware that they are paying for Viking's advertisement and promotion budget?

#2 - If Viking is not putting up their own money and getting their ad/promo money from the players - shouldn't the players get a percentage of Viking's multi-million-dollar profit?

Fran Airam
<hr /></blockquote>

No. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Ask any room owner who hosts these events. In addition to the $1000 that they put up for the pot, they pay a significant additional amount of money for which they receive merchandise that they can sell to get some of the up front money back. Players also buy an annual tour card, all of which should more than cover the tour expenses. As the tour sponsor, Viking gets the name recognition, and any expenses they incur for the tour should come out of their marketing and promotions budget. I wouldn't expect Viking to "make money" from the players. I can't imagine that the tour needs to take any additional money out of the entry fees that the tour takes in for each event. If that is the case, it would be very interesting to see a full accounting of all funds collected and how they are paid out.