PDA

View Full Version : Tony Soprano loves 9-Ball

BCn
11-06-2003, 08:27 PM
One of the producers of HBO's hit series The Soprano's calls last week and requests footage from the recent PPV program of Earl Strickland vs. Fabio Petroni.

So the first thing I said was, "How you do'in." She laughs, tells me this story about about wanting content for a show and badda boom badda bing, the U S Open is schedule for air time on one of the biggest shows going.

The official story (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=208)

Billy
11-07-2003, 02:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BCn:</font><hr> One of the producers of HBO's hit series The Soprano's calls last week and requests footage from the recent PPV program of Earl Strickland vs. Fabio Petroni.

So the first thing I said was, "How you do'in." She laughs, tells me this story about about wanting content for a show and badda boom badda bing, the U S Open is schedule for air time on one of the biggest shows going.

The official story (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=208) <hr /></blockquote>

that's tremendous news if there was limited exposure but five minutes of direct and indirect pool would be phenomenal

great job

pooltchr
11-07-2003, 07:03 AM
You don't suppose the story line might have anything to do with (Gasp! God Forbid...) GAMBLING??????????????

BCn
11-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Not sure about the gambling. with that show anything can happen. But, we did stipulate in the license agreement that the footage not be used in a "disparaging or condescending manner towards the footage itself." They're looking for something to be on-screen during Tony's remote control problems. Pool was a choice of the producer, then they check out the quality of our production and agreed to use it.

Regardless, this is so much different and more dynamic than any appearance by a player in some soap opera or movie or some bogus scripted scene using pool to deliver a message.

This is real pro pool in its purest form being displayed on one of TV's hottest shows in a medium other than ESPN. It legitimizes the sport, the event and the players.