PDA

View Full Version : Billiard Equipment Auction

ceebee
11-07-2003, 09:58 AM
I've made a suggestion to Mike (AZBilliards), that he try to start up a GOOD Billiard equipment AUCTION, then none of us will have to wade thru the cheap stuff on eBay to find something nice to purchase.

The SELLERS might be EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS (Cue Makers, Case Makers, Table Manufacturers or folks like myself that buy & sell good Billiard Equipment on eBay). Ebay SUCKS, you can't even get in touch with someone & their idea of dealing with criminals isn't.

Any Comments.....

Scott Lee
11-07-2003, 10:34 AM
ceebee...I posted this on the Mike Sigel thread earlier today, but thought I'd put it here too. I like your idea. I have yet to see anything pool-related go for anywhere close to "fair market value" (which I know is VERY subjective to the individual). This isn't pool equipment, but I guess your idea could pertain to memorabilia as well!

I have an original poster from the 1995 Camel Pro Exhibition Tour, framed, and signed by all nine pros (Mike Sigel, Nick Varner, Earl Strickland, Buddy Hall, Kim Davenport, Johnny Archer, Jim Rempe, Mike Massey, and Allen Hopkins. It is mint condition, and unpersonalized. It comes with Earl Strickland's PERSONAL Camel Pro Exhibition Tour shirt, and a pool ball signed by Sigel, Varner, Hopkins, Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (former pro players Texas Terry & The 'original' Iceman, as well as founders of the APA), and former PBTA Commissioner Don Mackey ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I would like to put this package up for sale to an interested fan, but have ZERO idea of any value...which is probably subjective at best, anyway. I've already had a couple of people interested. Anyone can PM or email me with bids. I should have a picture of this stuff available to email later today.

Scott Lee

cycopath
11-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Proficient Billiards has a new auction site.

Cue Auctions (http://www.cueauctions.com)

It's pretty new so there's low traffic right now.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-07-2003, 10:51 AM
This was suggested to Brady for www.poolplayersparadise.com (http://www.poolplayersparadise.com)

I don't know if he's going to do it or when.

Popcorn
11-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Ebay is like anything else, you have to be knowledgeable. You can call the seller before you bid. I sold a Joss West and we talked on the phone several times before we completed the deal. This was for several thousand dollars. I would not be making any kind of big money deals without first talking to the seller.

Ken
11-07-2003, 05:39 PM
One thing a potential buyer might do is take advantage of prople on the CCB. If you can't get to a buyer to view the merchandise personally there is bound to be someone on this board who lives near the seller.

I know a dealer who sells on ebay and is around 50 miles from me. If someone asked me to verify his identity and his physical address I would be happy to go there and take a few digital pics of the merchandise just to make sure he doesn't pull some kind of switch.

First, however, I would suggest that under no circumstances should you purchase anything from him. He is a prolific advertiser on ebay but will have little feedback because he has to change his ID all the time due to his cheating people. If you are interested in a high end cue you may encounter him.

You will probably be sorry.
KenCT