PDA

View Full Version : STICK'M UP THIS IS A ROBBERY!!!

cheesemouse
11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Now that we Americans are in it for the long haul in Iraq how about we get our moneys worth. Let's start by ending the Halliburton contract on providing fuel to our fine military. At present this company is 'war profiteering' us, they are charging the U.S. military more to transport fuel the 400 miles from Kuwait to Bagdad than it cost to transport fuel from the U.S. to Antartica. Is this company for real???

eg8r
11-10-2003, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At present this company is 'war profiteering' us, they are charging the U.S. military more to transport fuel the 400 miles from Kuwait to Bagdad than it cost to transport fuel from the U.S. to Antartica. <hr /></blockquote> While I don't doubt this statement at all, do you have a site with this information. I am willing to bet there are a lot more instances of this happening that would be interesting to read.

It is amazing to see how much Government money is wasted. There is a long standing joke about costs of hammers and such and there is a reason for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

Qtec
11-10-2003, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oil Immunity?
Government denies charges that Bush helped oil companies in Iraq

WASHINGTON, October 30, 2003 On May 22, the U.N. Security Council gathered in New York to approve a resolution lifting sanctions on Iraq, creating a Development Fund for the country and providing limited immunity to corporations involved in oil and gas deals there for the next four years. The resolution directed that proceeds from future sales of Iraqi oil and gas be placed in the development fund and allowed the U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority to disburse the funds in consultation with the interim Iraqi administration.

That same day at the White House, President George W. Bush signed Executive Order 13303, which appears to give immunity from any judicial process to every entity with direct or indirect interests in Iraqi petroleum and related products. "The threat of attachment or judicial process against the Development Fund for Iraq, Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein ... constitutes an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States," reads the executive order. It continues, " any judicial process is prohibited, and shall be deemed null and void."

Executive Order 13303 went unnoticed outside the government until July, when it was spotted by the Institute for Policy Studies, a liberal think tank.

Since then, accusations have been flying over whether or not the Bush administration has given blanket immunity to the oil industry in Iraq. "The Executive Order is a blank check for corporate anarchy," Tom Devine, legal director of the non-profit Government Accountability Project, wrote in a July 2003 assessment of the order for the Institute. "Its sweeping, unqualified language places industry above domestic and international law for anything related to commerce in Iraqi oil."

"Translated from the legalese, this is a license for corporations to loot Iraq and its citizens," Devine added.

The U.S. Treasury Department argues that Bush's executive order simply protects the Iraqi people and the oil funds expected to be used to rebuild the country.

<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
There is a long standing joke about costs of hammers and such and there is a reason for it <hr /></blockquote>

The Govt doesnt CARE how much it spends. GW is all about spending.The more he spends, the richer he and his backers get.
I dont suppose you will accept this. You still dont think there is a conflict of interest between Cheny and Haliburton, who happen to have the biggest slice of the cake.

Q

Qtec
11-10-2003, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Under a presidential directive signed by Ronald Reagan on June 23, 1987, known as Executive Order 12600, companies have potential veto power over Freedom of Information Act requests for copies of their contracts with the U.S. government.

<hr /></blockquote>

They have plenty to hide.

Q

cheesemouse
11-10-2003, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
At present this company is 'war profiteering' us, they are charging the U.S. military more to transport fuel the 400 miles from Kuwait to Bagdad than it cost to transport fuel from the U.S. to Antartica. <hr /></blockquote> While I don't doubt this statement at all, do you have a site with this information. I am willing to bet there are a lot more instances of this happening that would be interesting to read.

It is amazing to see how much Government money is wasted. There is a long standing joke about costs of hammers and such and there is a reason for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r,

I tried to find the site but I couldn't. While looking for it I stumbled upon this site. web page (http://www.iags.org/) if you want to educate yourself about oil here is a great site to use as a starting point. Oil politics is mind boggling and complicated. As near as I could tell this site is apolitical. I have spent the morning reading links on this site and now sit here very confused about what can be done about alot of things...

Qtec
11-11-2003, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oil politics is mind boggling and complicated <hr /></blockquote>

One simple but important fact is that oil is bought with Dollars!
Saddam was planning to drop the $ and sell Iraqi oil for euros.If other countries followed suit it would have been be a disaster for the US.
Imagine all those $s being changed for euros.
Does America have the cash?
I dont think so.
Makes you wonder.

Q

eg8r
11-11-2003, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> What a freaking genius. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This whole time I thought you did not know what you were talking about. Well, as far as the procurement of oil, you are right on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Knows that this might change and someday oil might be bought with Euros. I hope it never happens.

eg8r

cheesemouse
11-11-2003, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Oil politics is mind boggling and complicated <hr /></blockquote>

Saddam was planning to drop the $ and sell Iraqi oil for euros.If other countries followed suit it would have been be a disaster for the US.
Imagine all those $s being changed for euros.
Does America have the cash?
I dont think so.
Makes you wonder.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Q,
I think you lost me here. From what I can gather the problem with oil is dependence, supply, location and increased demand for oil......what difference does it make which type of printed paper is identified with it's bench mark??? Confused /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eric.
11-14-2003, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Now that we Americans are in it for the long haul in Iraq how about we get our moneys worth. Let's start by ending the Halliburton contract on providing fuel to our fine military. At present this company is 'war profiteering' us, they are charging the U.S. military more to transport fuel the 400 miles from Kuwait to Bagdad than it cost to transport fuel from the U.S. to Antartica. Is this company for real??? <hr /></blockquote>

Does the Halliburton contract come as a surprise? Do you think Halliburton might of had an 'inside track' on the bidding process?

Does V.P. Dick Cheney being a fromer Halliburton CEO have anything to do with it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt;what am I trying to say