PDA

View Full Version : Viking {Greenville} Spin-off 2

Fran Airam
11-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Manlyshot said.......
As far as noise from the rail, you are never going to see any bar pool room venue that doesn't have noise, whether it is a a jukebox or live band or screaming football/baseball/basketball fans. It would be kind of difficult to require all bar pool rooms to enforce a keep-the-noise-down policy. Most likely, not every patron will be a Viking tournament player.<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
======================
Noise from the rail?

You obviously weren't there, you think I'm exaggerating - or you're trying to be argumentative.

But don't take my word for it;
Ask any of the dozens of spectators whom got up and left (this - after being charged to watch)
Ask Tim Melton - whose drink vibrated off the table and crashed to the floor.
Ask Shawn Putnam.
Ask Grady Mathews - or any of Mr. Mathews' family who came to watch him play.
Ask Jerry Grooms.
Ask any of the dozens of players who drove hundreds of miles to participate in this event.
Ask the management of Gametime - who chose to have "dance-night" on the same date as the tournament - and chose to cater to their (the sparkly-dancer's) needs
Ask mike janis - whose job it is to keep this from happening and who did nothing.

Or take my word - The music was deafening, it shook the entire insides of your body, it shook the balls on the pool-tables, it freaked everyone out, it was un-f****king-believable.

I've been to every concert from Fleetwood Mac to Metallica &amp; - // the decibel-level was illegal and the loudest, most obnoxious thing I ever heard. - <font color="red"> </font color> It was impossible to concentrate, to sit through it, or not-be outraged by it.

Fran Airam
ABU