PDA

View Full Version : Nine ball break

Fleece3
11-07-2003, 10:46 PM
ok,

I am trying to learn the "1 in the side break". Every time I break, the one hits the cushion about 4 inches before the pocket (foot side). What am I doing wrong? I am hitting cue ball about 1 tip below center (straight draw, no english) and hitting the one very square. Any ideas?

Floyd

Billy
11-07-2003, 11:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> ok,

I am trying to learn the "1 in the side break". Every time I break, the one hits the cushion about 4 inches before the pocket (foot side). What am I doing wrong? I am hitting cue ball about 1 tip below center (straight draw, no english) and hitting the one very square. Any ideas?

Floyd <hr /></blockquote>

the rack has to be consistent

maybe not as square a hit on the one while trying a little more top or center ball,this should send the one towards the pocket more frequently

but the wing ball is the ball that you should be trying to pocket on the break while playing position on the one

jmo

Ralph S.
11-07-2003, 11:45 PM
I would try altering the angle just a bit that you use when breaking.

bigdawg
11-07-2003, 11:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> ok,

Floyd <hr /></blockquote>

Keep changing your break hitting the one thinner and then thicker and you will then see you can control the one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Popcorn
11-08-2003, 12:28 AM
That is the right advice from my experience. Center or even a tip above makes the 1 ball pop out and toward the side pocket. Draw makes the ball hit short. I guess it is the same principle you see when you line up two balls in front of a pocket and hit it with hard draw and the second ball follows the first into the pocket. The draw makes the 1 ball want to go forward and it won't reach the side pocket, it hits short.

randyg
11-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Ralph S is correct.

Keep everything the same except move the cueball closer to center table. You will see the difference in the One ball as you move away from the rail....randyg

Rick the stick
11-08-2003, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Ralph S is correct.

Keep everything the same except move the cueball closer to center table. You will see the difference in the One ball as you move away from the rail....randyg <hr /></blockquote>

I do not believe in making the one in the side, do not want to, I want to force the corner ball in, have the one hit under the side pocket, draw the cue ball up table and have the one ball come up with it and park at the up table left corner pocket. I do not hit the rack any harder than it takes to park the one as a duck up table. Then if I make a ball on the break, I always have a shot on the one and can run out.

If I see you making the one in the side, I can put the 2 ball in the rack in places where you will not get a shot at it, that is why that does not work against me. You cannot outsmart me, I am always one step ahead of you. When you think you see me, alas, I am already gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif