PDA

View Full Version : $401 billion

Qtec
11-07-2003, 11:59 PM
$401 for the defense budget. The boys must have their toys.

[ QUOTE ]
Before the 362 to 40 vote, Armed Services Committee Chairman Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) said the authorization bill would prepare the country for a new "era of terrorism and high technology," in which the Cold War dragon may be dead but "there are a lot of poisonous snakes out there."

The measure, expected to clear the Senate next week, outlines Pentagon spending for the coming year and sets policies on a variety of matters, including research on nuclear weapons and treatment of the environment
<hr /></blockquote>

This amazes me. America,the country with the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world, threatens other countries for just having the capability to produce weapons grade plutonium, at the same is actively funding the development of more nucear weapons.
Is this not a classic example of hypocracy and double standards? Does the Govt think this will encourage the Arabs to co-operate? N.Korea?

Then this.
[ QUOTE ]
The bill would exempt the military from aspects of the Marine Mammal Protection and Endangered Species acts. The armed forces would be allowed to conduct tests near critical habitats with less oversight from other departments such as Interior. The military would operate under a looser definition of "harassment" of whales, dolphins and porpoises. The new law also would allow the military to manage and define what a critical habitat is, rather than conform to detailed guidelines from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

"There's no land to work around anymore," Hunter said of military training needs.

But even some Republicans said the exemption went too far, and environmental groups criticized the measure. Gerald Leape, vice president of the National Environmental Trust, called the provision "a gaping new loophole that is sure to be abused."

"Does anybody trust Donald Rumsfeld to save the whales?" Leape asked, referring to the secretary of defense.

<hr /></blockquote>

The word BARBARIAN comes to mind.

I hope he chokes. Ignorant b@#&amp;rd.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
11-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Hey dude, somebody has to save the world from evil. We're the only country that can do it.

You're just jealous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
11-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey Q I believe that those new Nukes they are planning on producing are of a very low yeld, they are made to bust open the new deep underground bunkers that some of Americas enemys have been using of late. Tacticle nuclear bunker buster if you will.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-08-2003, 02:35 PM
They're also useful for taking out dikes and windmills /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-09-2003, 05:51 AM
This kind of thing makes me furious. We notice a big difference on the fish population in the years we have been fishing in the Ocean. Glad I am not trying to make a living fishing, cause soon, there won't be any loeft the way things are going right now.

Love,
Gayle

eg8r
11-10-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Q's article:</font><hr> including research on nuclear weapons <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Q's intrepretation:</font><hr> at the same is actively funding the development of more nucear weapons.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Q, do you see any differece between the bolded words???? I do not believe research and development are not synonymous. I am willing to bet, you trip on the english language often, and this leads to your screwed-up, mis-interpreted ideas.

[ QUOTE ]
"There's no land to work around anymore," Hunter said of military training needs.

But even some Republicans said the exemption went too far... <hr /></blockquote> I agree wholeheartedly.

eg8r