PDA

View Full Version : rules- bumped during shot

UTAddb
11-08-2003, 05:27 PM
I was playing at a tournament and I left myself a straight in easy shot on the 9. Then one of my teammates on the next table bumped into me right as I shot the 9 causing me to barely make contact and lose the game. Am I just screwed? Would it make a difference if he weren't on my team? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rick the stick
11-08-2003, 05:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> I was playing at a tournament and I left myself a straight in easy shot on the 9. Then one of my teammates on the next table bumped into me right as I shot the 9 causing me to barely make contact and lose the game. Am I just screwed? Would it make a difference if he weren't on my team? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>

With most players unfortunately and especially in the leagues they want to win so bad they take anything, yes, you are screwed. If you were playing me, I would pick up the cue ball, reset the shot for you and say shoot again. If my team captain butted in and said no you cant do that and made me take the shot, I would just miscue, tap the cue ball an inch and go sit down and then look for a new team the next day after I got fired. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
11-08-2003, 09:03 PM
You might be surprised to learn that the BCA general rules cover this situation:

Rule 3.35:
NON-PLAYER INTERFERENCE
If the balls are moved (or a player bumped such that play is directly affected) by a non-player during the match, the balls shall be replaced as near as possible to their original positions immediately prior to the incident, and play shall resume with no penalty on the player affected. If the match is officiated, the referee shall replace the balls. This rule also applies to &amp;#8220;act of God&amp;#8221; interferences, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, light fixture falling, power failures, etc. If the balls cannot be restored to their original positions, replay the game with the original player breaking.

Nostroke
11-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Heck
During the World Championships, Alex got to reshoot cause a 4 y.o. kid ran 10 feet behind-beside him during a very tough shot. I dont think Alex ever even saw the kid but im sure he heard the footsteps. Anyway Alex made the shot on the second try and went on to finish 2nd as most of you know!

randyg
11-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Agree. Pool is way too much fun.....randyg