PDA

View Full Version : Ever Consider Giving Weight Back?

Sid_Vicious
11-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I play this guy, getting the 7, I've been a PIA forcing that spot cuz I've always gotten it. We play for enough cash sometimes to cause my checkbook to shiver but mostly just twenties, the reality is that I should not get that much weight in this case...is it being a sap to consider being a nice guy and tossing some weight back even though he's not complaining? Don't get me wrong, I'm not running over this guy with the seven, possibly because I feel kinda like a slob sometimes for keeping the 7 and my conscience coughs up a choke when he is getting stuck real bad. Whatcha think, "Keep my 7 or volunteer a change?" I'm guessing that I could keep the spot for as long as we trade money more than if I was robbing the guy, still I think about the issue sometimes. I gamble for the challenge more than the cash, but with the economy being as it is, I need my cash too..sid

Nostroke
11-09-2003, 11:54 AM
I used to give back the weight and almost always wound up getting crushed. Many times our perception of our own game is way off for too many reasons to enumerate here.

Unless you are outright-no-way-you-can-lose-stealing, Keep the weight.

Vapros
11-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Maybe this sweetheart craves pain. On the other hand, if you really need the money, ask him for the pink and the pop and the last four.

Rick the stick
11-09-2003, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I play this guy, getting the 7, I've been a PIA forcing that spot cuz I've always gotten it. We play for enough cash sometimes to cause my checkbook to shiver but mostly just twenties, the reality is that I should not get that much weight in this case...is it being a sap to consider being a nice guy and tossing some weight back even though he's not complaining? Don't get me wrong, I'm not running over this guy with the seven, possibly because I feel kinda like a slob sometimes for keeping the 7 and my conscience coughs up a choke when he is getting stuck real bad. Whatcha think, "Keep my 7 or volunteer a change?" I'm guessing that I could keep the spot for as long as we trade money more than if I was robbing the guy, still I think about the issue sometimes. I gamble for the challenge more than the cash, but with the economy being as it is, I need my cash too..sid <hr /></blockquote>

Sid I cannot believe I am actually reading this. The first thing a good pool hustler has to lose is a conscience, then a job, it takes up your entire day, then women, they weaken the knees and take up your valuable practice time. If you are in school, quit, you already have a profession, pool hustlin, you dont need no education for that.

Vito said, weed rather eat our kids dan give money back.

W.C. Fields said, never wise up a chump or give a sucker an even break.

On fast larrys poster he sells it says, Be sure you get the 7 and the break when you should be giving the 7 and the break. This is called Sid a hustle. In time the sausage you have in dis mortal hungarian mortal lock gets wise he is never gonna win, so he now gives you on the 8, later all you get is the break, soon you are playing him even which still does him no good since you can give him the 6 and rob him blind.

Do you ever give him weight, never, it's against the code, they can turn you in for this, you can be banned out of every top joint on earth. When they go spot you go off spot, that was my dog spot who got ran over by a semi in front of my trailor park, every time I hear spot I begin to cry, dont bring up spot again please. Sid, you become a locksmith. The entire art form of this is the sausage, mark, chump, sucker never gets no chance to win, zero, zip t do da. If you cannot understand that, there is checkers in the park, bowling alleys are all around you. Spot, what's a spot, don't be talking to me about no spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Good points. Thanks...sid

nhp
11-10-2003, 05:16 AM
I guess it depends if you are trying to hustle the guy or not. As for me, there is this guy that I play once or twice a month, we play real cheap, like $10-$20 sets. He is a real nice guy, only 19 years old. When we first started playing, we played even, and he had no chance. I never offered to give him weight, because I feel that when I offer someone weight it hurts their ego. When he asked for weight, I gave him what he wanted, which was 3 games to 7 and the 8 ball. After I gave him this weight, we went back and forth for a few hours, and that's how it is every time we play. I consider him a friend that I gamble with. I would never try to bust the guy, he just wants to practice and get better, me too. Now if you are playing this guy you said for big money, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking the weight he is offering you. Since you are betting high, he probably really wants your money, and he might have an ego problem since he thinks he can give you the 7-ball. My advice is keep playing the guy the same way.