PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love them Marlins....

Voodoo Daddy
11-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Since the Marlins won the World Series...the rest of Miami's teams have had dismal performances. The Heat and the Panthers are just starting their seasons so I wont pick at them <Reily bailing out on the team three days before seasons starts dont help>. On to Football...the Canes have sucked wind the last two weeks <HAHAHAHAHA> and the Fins, well they look to be giving this game today away to match their stellar showing from last week. Thank you Marlins, you have made the Yankees loss pail in comparison.

Voodoo~~~has a new team to root for, BOSTON BRUINS HOCKEY!!

dg-in-centralpa
11-09-2003, 02:19 PM
I agree Voodoo, the only team I root for in Florida is the Dolphins. I 've rooted for them for over 30 years. I keepo telling myself that we're in a rebuilding year. No way should they play decent thru the season and get crushed in the playoffs. I think they should trade Fiedler and Wannstedt, but I don't know what they'd get in return.

DG - needs to find a new football team

Kato
11-09-2003, 02:45 PM
I think one thing is perfectly clear in Miami and that is that Brian Greise should NOT be the quarterback on this team. He's had one good half of football in 3 games. Bring back Jay and then go get a REAL quarterback in the offseason.

PS. Really GREAT win by the Irish yesterday. Navy must be REALLY GOOD /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~hates to agree with Voodoo.

Voodoo Daddy
11-09-2003, 02:55 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Kato - I agree about Griese, but who would want to come to play for the Dolphins when their offensive line can't hold the defense? You're setting up the QB for murder. Even the mighty Florida State couldn't beat Clemson. Was Clemson that good, or did State look to next week? Oh well.. all's not well in Penn State land either.

DG - never lost a game while watching it

Kato
11-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Doug, here's the thing with the Dolphins. Before Jay Fiedler went down they were 4-2, now 5-4. Jay's got a great winning percentage though not great stats. When Gresie got here there was actually a website, startbriangreise.com, the fans wanted him to start. So far he's had one good half and that was against a team that had 1 win on the season. Nothing else. Denver gave up on him for a reason, he's just not that good. The Dolphins though haven't done much for the team other than sign Ricky. Everything else is concentrated on defense. No playmakers on offense. This team is built for Dave Wannestat and is a defensive oriented team. But their offense is truly pathetic.

Kato~~~now the Heat, that's pathetic for real!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dg-in-centralpa
11-09-2003, 07:49 PM
I think Miami was hoping Brian would be like his father. If Denver was so eager to get rid of him, that should have told them something. He's no good! Defense will win games but the offense has to score also.

DG - for what it's worth

Tom_In_Cincy
11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
It's very difficult for me to feel sorry for anyone that lives in FLORIDA.

Sports teams...

College, Basketball and football and even Baseball.

Pro Sports, everything except ICE Hockey.

Weather? when was the last time there was Ice and Snow that lasted longer than 24 hours?

Pool players? lots of them... all play golf or tennis 10 months out of the year, TWO tours.

And,,, then there is Kato and VooDoo Daddy... among other CCB regulars.. that could form their own Pool Tour.

Ahhh.. Florida has got it all.. but even sometime, the teams have lose. Too Bad.. welcome to a breif feeling of the rest of the state's pitiful existance.

Kato
11-10-2003, 09:27 AM
What are you talking about Tom, we have ice hockey. Remember that team that went to the Stanley Cup finals? Pretty good team that lost to the Av's. We even have the Orlando Solar Bears and the new Miami Manatee minor league teams. Oh, and Tom, it hasn't snowed in South Florida in 25 years. If you have enough money you can play golf 12 months per year and I guess tennis as well. Middle of January the outdoor raquetball courts are packed!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato

Kato
11-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Denver was eager to get rid of him and he had all those great running backs, 2 great wide receivers, and one of the best offensive lines every year. He just never lived up to the hype.

Of course everyone wants to believe he's his Dad.
Career, Bob Griese:

Completion %: 56.2
Yards per att: 7.32
TD/INT: 192 172 (ratio, 1/.8958)
QB Rating: 77.1

Brian Griese career:

Completion %: 62.2
Yards per att: 7.01
TD/INT: 71 53 (ratio, 1/.7465)
QB rating: 84.1

Obviously statiscally he matches up favorably with his father. Unfortunately those types of stats that were winning combinations years ago don't get it today.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
11-10-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Pro Sports, everything except ICE Hockey. <hr /></blockquote>

Florida Panthers &lt;Stanley Cup finalist&gt; and the Tampa Bay Lightning &lt;my g/f HATES them&gt; just to help my buddy Tom along....

Voodoo Daddy
11-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Well done Fantasy Breath...meanwhile the old man had serious hands to throw too {Warfield/Mandich} and 3 of the most real-deal guys behind him {Czonka/Kick/Morris}. The kid has McMichael and Williams, prior to that I dont know nor care who he had to lean on.

Kato
11-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Just bums like Terrell Davis, Ed McAffrey, Rod Smith, and Shannon Sharpe. Like I said, no talent.

This Dolphin team is nearly completely void of talent. Don't make me start throwing numbers at the wall. I will and they will stick!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~wonders how accurate Father Bob was if he only completed 56% to those awesome hands.

PS. Mad Dog has a great afternoon show.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
OK, I didn't know about Ice Hockey Teams in FL. (I'm not much of a NHL fan anyways)

I bet you don't have a Bob Sled Team....

Still not feeling sorry for FL CCB members. you guys have all the NUTS.

CA only has Fruits and Flakes.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Do I remember the team that made it to the NHL finals? Hell NO... I can't even remember who the Yankess lost to last month...

Half timers desease.. I can only remember half the things I use to...

Maybe you would know.. I asked Steve... does FL have a Bob Sled Team?

Kato
11-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Bobsled team? Not that I know of. Ask Steve, he pretty much knows a lot more than I do.

Kato~~~don't get out much.

Voodoo Daddy
11-10-2003, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I bet you don't have a Bob Sled Team....<hr /></blockquote>

I think we adopted the Jamaician Bobsled team...YAH MON!!

Voodoo~~~loves the Bobsled and the Luge

#### leonard
11-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Voodoo I knew the coach of the first Jamacian team. He ran a bar in Lake Placid. I delivered liquor there for nearly 20 years. The Greatest Little Town in the country. ####,

dg-in-centralpa
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Only if they bring their rum along. It's great and more potent.

DG - who drank a lot of rum while in Jamaica /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara
11-10-2003, 10:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Voodoo I knew the coach of the first Jamacian team. He ran a bar in Lake Placid. I delivered liquor there for nearly 20 years. The Greatest Little Town in the country. ####, <hr /></blockquote>

You knew John Candy???? GET OUT!!!

Just kidding. I loved that movie.

Barbara~~~feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on up, it's bobsled time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif