PDA

View Full Version : Capital City Open - Raleigh, NC

Singlemalt
11-10-2003, 08:58 AM
Just wondered if anyone was going to make it up to Brass Tap this weekend for the Capital City open? Turnout is usually very strong.

pooltchr
11-10-2003, 09:40 AM
W.
I have a student I will be working with over at Babineau's this weekend. Hopefully, will get some time to go by and check out the action. Sorry you got away Saturday before we had a chance to talk more. It gets a little crazy at those events.

Candyman
11-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Is there a web site with scheduling info available? I am an hour away here in Burlington. Lock

Singlemalt
11-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Well, this is kind of basic but the only thing I know of:

http://www.onthecheese.com/brasstap/index.html

DoomCue
11-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey,

Who are you working with at Babineau's? That's my home room.

I'm going to try to make it over to the Tap sometime Sunday to check it out. I won't be able to play since I haven't been practicing lately - damn job keeps getting in the way of the fun stuff /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-djb

pooltchr
11-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Guy's name is Lorenzo Branche. He lives in Maryland, but his family is near Raleigh so he has a place to stay there, and I have a daughter and grandson in Raleigh, so a weekend up there works for me too. He is a friend of one of my former students and now his buddy is kicking his butt, so he decided to take the same class. Gotta love those kinds of friends! LOL

Stop by and introduce yourself. I expect I will be there most of the day Saturday and possibly some of Sunday.
Steve

Candyman
11-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks singlemalt! I e-mailed the promoter for the shcedule. If I can work it out, I will be there. In other words, if I can get a permission slip from the wife. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
11-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Anyone heard how this one turned out. I got by to watch some of the action Saturday night, and Wade, BJ, Robert Ray, Steve Bishop and a couple of others were still going strong. Can't seem to find the final results.

Singlemalt
11-19-2003, 09:23 AM
I am almost certain BJ did not make it back for Sunday. I remember seeing Robert's name on the board somewhere around 3/4-8th, just dont remember the exact spot.