PDA

View Full Version : New to Board

02-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Hi All, I'm new to his board, though I have been reading (lurking, forgive me) for a little while to get a feel for the people who are posting. Pool is one of my passions and while I have limited space I have an old Valley home style table (looks like a Brunswick Monarch) to practice on. I play in a Valley 8 ball league here in Sarasota and my average is a 7. I hope to improve that in time.

My other passion (other than my wife and kids) is writing, and pool plays a large part in the plot of the book I'm currently working on. I am hoping to get some insight as well as ideas from the people on this board, both in improving my game and my book. And, just maybe I can be of help to you.

Thanks
Cami in Sarasota

Cami is short for Camillo. (male) Someone always asks.

cheesemouse
02-18-2002, 11:16 PM
<font color=blue>Welcome Cami,
An author, huh? I hope it is a great book about pool and I get to star in the movie /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif Seriously, you will probably meet some good players here and some helpful people. I haven't been around long myself but there is some good inside baseball(pool) on this board.</font color=blue>

02-18-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi Cami,
Welcome to the ccb. May I suggest you go to your My Home page and switch your view from threaded to Flat mode. You will find it much easier to follow topics.

02-18-2002, 11:54 PM
Hey Scott, what kind of racing are you into? just curious

02-19-2002, 12:09 AM
If it has four wheels and goes in a straight line, or circles
(dirt or pavement) I am into it.
I have have a Mustang that I was Drag racing, Due to a head-on car accident I was in on Christmas Eve it is still undetermined if I will be able to obtain my competition license. My back and neck are pretty messed up.

02-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Kewl. I'm into drag racing too. I have a 454SS that runs high 9's. Anyhow good luck with your recovery!