PDA

View Full Version : Throwing the Cue

bluewolf
11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
I tried to delete this because I decided it was too confusing.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
11-12-2003, 10:35 AM
I don't believe in the technique of throwing the cue anymore than I believe in a teacup grip. Tried them both over the years and have come to the conclusion after watching the top players play, that these methods are more of a Band-Aid approach to stroke flaws and movement than they are good, reliable fundamentals. Jm2c...sid

cycopath
11-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I try not to throw my cue when I miss a shot. I just curse out loud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mikey
11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi , I've ran into many guys over the years that have done his, either throwing the cue , or worse yet , to me is when you have one or two balls left on the table, they take there cue and rake the remaining balls to the side and walk off, no handshake ,, no nice shooting ,, no nothing---- I love beating these guys---Mikey

bluewolf
11-13-2003, 08:08 AM
I did not mean it literally. I meant holding it light so all that there is is the weight of the cue and the pendulum swing, no muscle involvement. Based on sids response, I tried unsuccessfully to get the thread deleted.

When scott was teaching me the stroke, he said if you are doing it right, it is like 'throwing the cue', although your fingers do keep it from flying across the table LOL.

Laura

Qtec
11-13-2003, 08:37 AM
I would agree with that.

Qtec