PDA

View Full Version : Halex Titanium CueStick - Anyone Heard of this?

FearlessInc
11-12-2003, 06:50 PM
I just got a cuestick from my sister's boyfriend, who used it only about 8x. I tried it out 2 days ago, and I'm just loving the stick. But I was just wondering if anyone heard of this stick and how it was... I know it should be my experience that matters most but I was just wondering. Also, how much does it retail for?
Thanks again!

Cueless Joey
11-12-2003, 11:51 PM
I've seen one for $20.
Sorry to break your heart.

Arx
11-13-2003, 02:00 AM
I know that company called Vogel made some "high end" titanium cues about 4-5 years ago... going for $400-600. Didn't get them nowhere :S

nhp
11-13-2003, 04:33 AM
All of those graphite, fiberglass, and titanium cues are just a ploy to attract newcomers to buy one. People who are first getting interested in pool think they are top notch cues. The truth is nothing really beats well-made wooden cue. Your sister's boyfriend probably thought it was a good cue also, so don't be upset at him.

FearlessInc
11-13-2003, 05:28 AM
No problem. It's nice just having one of my own. I'll probably get serious as time goes on, and when I do and feel the need for a new stick, hopefully I'll know which ones would be right for me, etc, etc.

Thanks guys!

JimS
11-13-2003, 06:51 AM
You got the right attitude. Go for it and have fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> You got the right attitude. Go for it and have fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Halex, I don't think any of us truely knows which stick is the "right" one for us. One of the fun things, about playing pool, is trying the different sticks, and maybe buying a couple. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Like Jim said, "have fun." That is what it is all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-13-2003, 11:03 AM

FearlessInc
11-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah, well I'll probably practice and try to master/perfect the basics first and learn the fundamentals. I've been playing for about 1/2 a year, but always for fun. Sometimes, I was the one that would just shoot and wish for a miracle, but as of lately, I've been playing seriously, trying to actually get better. Of course, I'm not going to be the best overnight or anything like that, but this is definitely a great game to play. Hope to get good at this game as time goes on. I'll check out the archieves and the CCB and learn what I can.

Thanks a lot guys!

heater451
11-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Someday, I may get one 'just to have'.

I've seen these things go for $60-70 on eBay, but I've priced them at Wal-Mart for $39.

Every once in awhile, I think I will buy a couple, and see if I can double my money. Of course, now that I've let the cat out of the bag, I doubt I would be very successful!

I know one kid who keeps one for his break cue. He considers it unbreakable.

======================