PDA

View Full Version : Kids say the darndest things...

rackmup
04-16-2002, 07:47 AM
During the morning drive to drop the kids off at school, we began talking about sports, hobbies, etc. I asked Eric (my 12 year old stepson):

Ken: "You really like playing soccer, don't you?"
Eric: "uh huh."
Ken: "What makes it so much fun?"
Eric: "I'm pretty good at it. Why do you like pool so much?"
Ken: "It's fun."
Eric: "Wouldn't it be more fun if you were good at it?"
Ken: "I AM pretty good at it."
Eric: "Not really. You haven't won in weeks."
Ken: "I've taken second place three times in the last three weeks!"
Eric: "Ken, don't you always say "second place is the FIRST loser?"
Ken: "Can we talk about something else?"

OUCH

They weren't finished with their "inquisition":

Monica, my 9 year old stepdaughter asked:

Monica: "Why do you spend so much money on pool?"
Ken: "Well, pool cues are hand-made. The equipment lasts a long time so it's a good investment."
Monica: "Mom says groceries would be a good investment. What's an "investment?"
Ken: "An investment is something that helps secure our future."
Monica: "You better sell your pool stuff then."

DOUBLE OUCH

They finished me off with this:

Eric: "You have to be in good shape to play soccer."
Ken: "Yes you do, just as in all sports."
Monica: "Not in pool. There are fat people that play pool."
Ken: "That's not very polite. Calling them "fat" is rude."
Monica: "Sorry. I meant "chubby."
Eric: "Some of the people you play against have big bellys. Their stomachs hit the balls when they bend over to shoot."
Monica: "I hope I never get fat and have to quit soccer."
Eric: "If you do, you can always play pool with Ken's friends."
Ken: "Can we change the subject?"
Eric & Monica: "Sure."
Ken: "What else do you want to talk about?"
Eric: "ummm...Mom found a receipt last night in your pants. She said you bought another pool cue. She used bad words. Can I see it?"
Ken: "What did she say, exactly?"
Monica: "She said we had to go play at Jay's house after school because she wants to talk to you alone."

GULP

"Out of the mouth's of babes."

Regards,

Ken (can't decide between packing a small overnight bag or an entire suitcase)

SPetty
04-16-2002, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Ken: "What else do you want to talk about?"
Eric: "ummm...Mom found a receipt last night in your pants. She said you bought another pool cue. She used bad words. Can I see it?"
Monica: "She said we had to go play at Jay's house after school because she wants to talk to you alone."

GULP

<hr></blockquote>

Hi Ken,

Let's see, you told us you were going bass fishing. So, tell us all about your new custom made bass cue you bought this past weekend... Must be a new cuemaker, I haven't heard of him.

Doctor_D
04-16-2002, 10:08 AM
Good afternoon Ken:

Sounds like your ship is sinking FAST! Better start paying more attention to, as well as some of your pool money on, you new Mrs. Please, my dearest Pookie we have been through this before, do not let history repeat itself.

Dr. D.

It is hard to remember, when you are up to your Ass in Aligators, that your original intention was to drain the swamp!

Your X...

Kato
04-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Ken, our secret society is in place and we will lend you our collective "resources" to get you out of your self imposed jam. Now we probably don't want to upset the missus but darnit, there has to be a way to have your cake and eat it to. Ken, are here to help, not to hinder.

By the way, did you catch any lunkers this weekend? Texas is supposed to have big old lunkers.

Kato

Troy
04-16-2002, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>

GULP <hr></blockquote>

Well Ken, sounds like you've been caught red-handed, which I suppose is worlds better than being caught with your pants down..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

rackmup
04-16-2002, 11:44 AM
No "lunkers." A lot of White Bass in the 2 lb. range and a boat load of Crappie. The water was still a little cold and the spawn doesn't look like it's in "full stride" yet.

If it doesn't rain this weekend, we are going back out.

Regards,

Ken (hoping Laura doesn't find the receipt for the new Fenwick Jigging rod and lightweight Shimano reel that was purchased the same weekend as the cue!)

Doctor_D
04-16-2002, 11:47 AM
Definitely skating on some very thin ice Pookie.

Dr. D.

rackmup
04-16-2002, 11:48 AM
I DID GO FISHING!!!

(I bought the cue on the way HOME from fishing. And it isn't a custom, it's a Schon LTD...with an extra shaft.)

Regards,

Ken (in deeper water at home than he was at the lake!)

04-16-2002, 02:53 PM
I can tell those kids aren't yours because they have way more on the ball than you do LMFAO.

rackmup
04-16-2002, 06:00 PM
(no response)

hint, hint.

Barbara
04-16-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm not one to say "I told you so.", but guess what, You're still doomed!!!

Gotta buy that woman some baubles and bubbles. The bubbles could be a Spa getaway or some gems, or some champagne in the spa with gems... you decide.

Barbara~~~does the checkbook accounting and knows everything...

cheesemouse
04-16-2002, 08:34 PM
Anonymous,
I have to assume you enjoy pool and love the game or you wouldn't be here. Why don't you contribute to the discussion of pool? I'm just curious.

Chris Cass
04-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi Ken,
There's no way you could get away with buying a Schon L.T.D. and nobody finding out. That's a real nice cue. Not to mention the fishing things too.

Don't give up, hold your ground. Good thing it's happening now instead of later when, your money's her money. I know your a good man and a good father and would never let the kids go hungry but I believe the new wife is checking you out.

Flowers and a nice card should do the trick. Unless she's like the woman on this board. Spoiled.....LOL Yes, I said it. They have to be pampered or it's no dice. You may have to do the breakfast in bed thing. Take Barbara for one. A new boat and new car? Wonder what her husband did, buy a new set of Pings? LOLLOLLOL (boy am I, asking for it. Maybe, she won't read this.)

A good thing to keep in mind is get the kids on your side. 3 against one is better than 1 against 3. LOL

Good Luck Ken,
C.C.~~don't pack them yet. She'll see the ways of the force soon. Out, Luke............

Scott Lee
04-16-2002, 11:06 PM
SPetty...That was BUSS, not Bass! LOL Jim Buss, a well-known TX cuemaker, and real rocket scientist, must have "lured" Ken into his shop! LMAO

Scott

04-16-2002, 11:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> (no response)

hint, hint. <hr></blockquote>

i know it hurts, but there's nothing pisses off instigators more than being ignored.

be strong.

dan

Ralph S.
04-17-2002, 12:50 AM
Ken, you just got flat out busted. As for the kids I can sympathise as my 7yr. old niece and 5 and 3yr. old nephews have put me east of the rock and west of the hard place before. Good luck.
Ralph S.

04-17-2002, 02:13 AM
I have been. You have been listening to Ken too much. I talk about pool a hell of a lot more often then your buddy does.

04-17-2002, 02:20 AM
Are you saying that I am the instigator? Get real. Just because Ken is your buddy doesn't give you the right to ignore his poor behavior. If I knew him in my town we would have already come to an understanding. (If you know what I mean) But on here he is how he is because there are no consequences. His own poll even told him what the posters thought but he just shrugged that off. He needs the attention no matter whether it is positive or negative.

04-17-2002, 02:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Are you saying that I am the instigator? Get real. Just because Ken is your buddy doesn't give you the right to ignore his poor behavior. If I knew him in my town we would have already come to an understanding. (If you know what I mean) But on here he is how he is because there are no consequences. His own poll even told him what the posters thought but he just shrugged that off. He needs the attention no matter whether it is positive or negative. <hr></blockquote>

You're gonna have to leave it alone sooner or later pal.

Ken seems to have stopped being antagonistic maybe you should consider the same.

HDJ hit on it perfect.From this point on will we be considered childish.imo

rackmup
04-17-2002, 07:19 AM
Cheesemouse,

Let it go. I have.

Regards,

Ken (my name)
kenkingan@netscape.net (my email address)

cheesemouse
04-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Anonymous,
That's the problem with not registering. Your pool posts get all mixed with the other Anons unless we go to the touble of comparing the #'s underneath.
I have come to know and appreciate a number of multiple personalitys here on the ccb. They (we) are a pretty good bunch and for the most part keep it inside the poolhall. Whatever the beef shine it on like a bad roll in 9ball.

stickman
04-17-2002, 08:13 AM
I've searched page after page, and other than antagonizing Rackmup, I don't find very many of your posts. Here's a great pool related post. http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=8770&amp;p age=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=21#Post8770 If you're making very many contributions, it must be elsewhere.

04-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Another guy with too much time on his hands. Shouldn't you be at the pool hall practicing??