PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Karatemom
11-13-2003, 09:53 AM
I applied for a full time secretarial position last week with a local publishing company. I found out that I was one of seven out of 50 applicants that made the first cut. I was also the ONLY one who stopped in to see how the application process was coming along and the manager interviewed me right on the spot! Now today, I have the 2nd interview with his boss at 1:00 p.m. I'm the last interview of the day, which is a good thing I think. That way, I'll be the easiest person to remember, providing I make a good impression, LOL. This is a great job and as soon as I walked in the place I knew that job was for me.

Heide ~ needs as much luck as she can get!

Wally_in_Cincy
11-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Good luck, just don't tell him you play pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Heide, that is excellent news. I hope you get the job.

eg8r <~~~Wishing Heide good luck!!!!

Rich R.
11-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Kock'em dead Heide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can do it.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-13-2003, 11:42 AM
K-Mom,

Luck has been defined as "when practice and experience meet opportunity"

I think you have a lock on the job.

And BTW, Good Luck

9 Ball Girl
11-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Good luck! If this is a better paying job than the last, think of all the pool time you can invest in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
11-13-2003, 01:09 PM
I call and I call and I call. Nobody answers.

Good luck Heide.

Kato~~~would rather say it in person or on the phone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
11-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Well, I can't explain Chris, but my cell will be on for the next 2 days waiting to see if I've got the job!

Heide ~ we won't be home tomorrow night, have a scotch doubles tourney

Karatemom
11-13-2003, 01:43 PM
I won't say it's better paying because I make the same now, but it is full time, with all the perks!!! I'm only allowed 19.5 hours a week now, the new job is 40.

Heide ~ crossing her fingers and toes

Ralph S.
11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Go get em Heide, best of luck to you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
11-14-2003, 09:02 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

Voodoo Daddy
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
I'll take skill over luck every day...but GOOD LUCK lady!!

Rod
11-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Good Luck Heide!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-14-2003, 07:48 PM
GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lOVE,
Gayle

#### leonard
11-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Kato this is the last time I am going to post this to you Cisero Murphy, Billy Costello and myself all pitched fast pitch softball. Billy was the father of the Middleweight Boxing Champion of the world, he also played with a 5 man team. I read where you loved softball and I wanted you to know that softball kept me from becoming the greatest pool player ever. It screwed up my arm.####

#### leonard
11-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Kato I really put the blame on Ted Kagnowski from Conn. I watched him strike out 102 batters in four nine ininng games. He was awesome.####

Kato
11-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear that ####. Softball cost me my right shoulder and left knee. 3 seasons ago I played my last season of ball. I've always been a second baseman with a good glove and our shortstop was out of town so I got the nod. By the end of the game my right shoulder was totally shot from cutting that throw loose. Of course, we don't have to worry about me being the greatest player ever /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess you got the short end of the stick there /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato

#### leonard
11-15-2003, 07:13 AM
Kato I hope Heide knows she is in my good wishes. Knowing what I know today I would never have thrown a baseball/softball. Of course my thick Irish skull was more my downfall than softball all I had to do was switch to playing lefthanded full time.####

Karatemom
11-15-2003, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Kato I hope Heide knows she is in my good wishes. Knowing what I know today I would never have thrown a baseball/softball. Of course my thick Irish skull was more my downfall than softball all I had to do was switch to playing lefthanded full time.#### <hr /></blockquote>Yes, ####, I know. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything yet and was supposed to hear either way yesterday. I'm hoping their just waiting til Monday. But either way, I'll make it work to my advantage.

Speaking of sports, I played a little tennis and volleyball back in high school and was in the school colorguard. Needless to say, cologuard was the most safest! LOL

Heide

Voodoo Daddy
11-15-2003, 02:41 PM
I was on the Wrestling team for 6 years &lt;Jr. and Sr. High&gt;, threw Discus and Shotput in H.S. for 3 years played Defensive End for 4 years &lt;3 H.S. and 1 college&gt;. Thanks to those sports I loved so I can barely lean over, I limp a lil more everyday and I CANNOT straighten any of my limbs!!! I dont play pool anymore but I did have a helluva stroke, so much for being a jock....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Voodoo~~~Rides a HARLEY for the vibration...maybe it will loosen my back up someday /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MikeM
11-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Good luck Heidi, knock 'em dead!

MM

Karatemom
11-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, all your wishes brought me luck!!! The Branch manager called me today and offered me the position!!!! They waited a few days longer because of extra work that had come in and needed attention. I told him that I agonized all weekend over that, but it was worth it in the end!!!

You guys have no idea how thrilled I am to finally get back into the field I was born to do. I was considering going back to school as well to get my Bachelors of Science Degree and just might still do that. Except now I'll have to find the time, LOL.

Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I got it and thanks to all!!

Heide

UWPoolGod
11-18-2003, 04:36 PM
GREAT JOB!! Hope everything goes well during it.

Todd

Cueless Joey
11-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Yehey!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great for you Heide!!!

Barbara
11-18-2003, 04:39 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Way to go Heide!!!

Congrats!!!

Barbara

Troy
11-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Way to go Heide... Congratulations !!!

TomBrooklyn
11-18-2003, 08:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I was also the ONLY one who stopped in to see how the application process was coming along and the manager interviewed me right on the spot! <hr /></blockquote>Good luck. A large part of the goal of getting work is achieved by the person who shows up at the job.

Karatemom
11-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Troy! Glad to see you back at the computer again. You've been missed.

Heide

Rich R.
11-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Good for you Heide. That is the CCB Karma, coming through again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or, maybe your just, very qualified for the job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Knock'em dead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
11-19-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> I wanted you to know that softball kept me from becoming the greatest pool player ever. It screwed up my arm.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know about that ####. Greatness isn't always measured by fame. You've not only have played with the most famous players known today but have beaten them too. Your one of the greatest players I know. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~sometimes people don't get the recognition they deserve in life. Don't ask me why???

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2003, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Well, all your wishes brought me luck!!! The Branch manager called me today and offered me the position!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Way to go K-mom. I hope you enjoy it.

9 Ball Girl
11-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Yeah! I knew you'd get it!!!

So, uh, now that you'll officially be a "working girl", is Chris going to be handling the chores around the house? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif