I dont see a problem.

Q

Qtec
11-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Why?

Q

UWPoolGod
11-13-2003, 04:39 PM
I did not get to read what CJ wrote before he deleted it. I think that Moore should have lost his job. He failed to follow the law and the request for its removal by the Supreme Court. Basically his bosses. He put too much personal feelings into his actions instead of following the decision that was handed down...regardless of if it is right or wrong.

Cueless Joey
11-13-2003, 04:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/992496.asp
Here's the story.

Ralph S.
11-13-2003, 07:01 PM
I strongly disagree. America's ideals and constitution and legal system was designed by our Forefathers with one of their ideals being freedom of religion. In our country, many references are made toward God. Some most notably include parts of the "Constitution of the U.S.A." and the "Pledge of Allegiance". This is nothing more than a bullshit case of trying to be politacally correct.

If the statue involved in the controversy is removed and the judge fired, then why do witnesses still swear to "Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" while having their hand place on the "Holy Bible". The same "Holy Bible" that has the Ten Commandments inside it's contents.

The Supreme Court that fired this particular judge showed total lack of respect to our founding fathers and the fact they more or less slapped the Christian community and God himself in the face.

Rich R.
11-14-2003, 05:33 AM
Ralph, it is a matter of the separation of church and state.
If you allow the display of something from one religion, you would have to allow displays from all religions, including those you may not agree with. Not all citizens of this FREE country are Christian.

UWPoolGod
11-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Not all citizens of this FREE country are Christian. <-- RichR

Or believe in "God" at all. I never went to church, never needed to or wanted to. When the Pledge of Allegiance was recited every morning I never said the "under God" part, not because I was brainwashed not to, but because I personally didn't believe. I did not start a lawsuit to get it out of the POA, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, whatever makes em feel better.

Todd <-- doesn't know if he'd make a big deal if he was ever put under oath

Iowashark
11-14-2003, 10:09 AM
I have recently recovered my faith and do my long absence without it I have to respect those who do not believe. It is their choice. The same goes for people who were raised to go to church every Sunday because it's the right thing to do. If that's why you're there, then you're there for the wrong reasons. I just think this should never have been an issue, and no, he shouldn't have gotten fired.

ChrisW
11-17-2003, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Ralph, it is a matter of the separation of church and state.
If you allow the display of something from one religion, you would have to allow displays from all religions, including those you may not agree with. Not all citizens of this FREE country are Christian.
<hr /></blockquote>

In this FREE country people should be able to make their own decisions ON THEIR OWN regardless what type of statue the see.
Why is it assumed that this statue means that all people should be Christian?

Maybe it represents the commandments that our forefathers lived by. Then it is simply a historical statue based on fact, not religion.
Personally I think the statue should stay put as a symbol of how this country started.