PDA

View Full Version : Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks

TerryArdeno
11-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Does anyone have any info on Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks? Is he even still alive? Thanks!

Billy
11-14-2003, 04:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TerryArdeno:</font><hr> Does anyone have any info on Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks? Is he even still alive? Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

living in the DC area

Rich R.
11-14-2003, 05:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TerryArdeno:</font><hr> Does anyone have any info on Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks? Is he even still alive? Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>
He played in the January 2002 Capital City Classic, in the D.C. area. I'm not sure, but I believe he lives somewhere in the D.C. metropolitan area.

TerryArdeno
11-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Rich R. &amp; Billy,
Thanks for responding!
Terry

JimS
11-16-2003, 09:57 AM
I recently bought a video tape of him playing one pkt with Cornbread Red. Check ebay.

PQQLK9
11-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the Info on the tape Jim.I just finished reading Bob Hennings book on Cornbread Red and I think this tape is from the Capital City Classic held in Wash.DC in 1993 which I attended. I just ordered the tape from EBay and I'm looking forward to watching it.
As for anyone interested in Strawberry's whereabouts ...I think Grady Matthews would know how to contact him.

RailbirdJAM
11-17-2003, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>He played in the January 2002 Capital City Classic, in the D.C. area. I'm not sure, but I believe he lives somewhere in the D.C. metropolitan area. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi, Rich R. I know Strawberry, and he is living in the D.C. area. Last time I saw him, he came to the Capital City Classic in Philly. He looks like he's doing real good, too, driving around in a brand-new top-end SUV with color-coordinated matching jogging suit, but that's just Strawberry, always dressing to the nines.

One night while Keith was engaged in a match, Strawberry and I got a chance to talk and share a few laughs. He's a man of strong faith, and in his senior years, he's got some good thoughts and will share his words of wisdom.

Sometimes he'll come to a few of the FalconCue Tour events to sweat matches. You can see it in his eyes that he's still got passion for the game. Great man with a lot of road stories, and I think if the game were right, he'd match up in a heart beat with anybody in one-pocket even today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RailbirdJAM

cycopath
11-17-2003, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>I just finished reading Bob Hennings book on Cornbread Red...<hr /></blockquote>

Good book. I really enjoyed reading it. Henning did an excellent job.