PDA

View Full Version : Worst movies you wasted your time on.

Cueless Joey
11-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Besides Pool Hall Junkies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rocky IV and V.
Jaws III. Awful, awful, awful movie. Had no plot and no ending. Stupid premise too.
Friday the 13TH III and up, Nightmare on Elm Street III and up.
Tequilla Sunrise. Waste of Mel Gibson and Michelle Pfeiffer talent. Had no plot.
Point of No Return. Remake of La Femme Nikita. Bridget Fonda can't act a lick. She's ugly too.
The Postman. Costner loses his head along with millions of dollars and my time.
Grease II, Popeye and Earthgirls Are Easy. They were not funny.
ALL Jean-Claude Van Damme movies. Why I went to see them, I don't know.

UWPoolGod
11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Add all Steven Segal movies to that list...except the one on the battleship with Tommy Lee Jones and the tig bittied hottie that jumps of of the cake. Yummy.

6 Days/7 nights with Harrison Ford. Wow.
Any B horror flick.
Strangely enough I can't remember any...must have blocked em from my memory.

dg-in-centralpa
11-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Porky's 2
Ode to Billie Joe
Out of Africa
King Kong Lives
Anything with Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme
Most Chic flicks

DG - thinks Deep Throat should be the ultimate chic flick

dg-in-centralpa
11-17-2003, 07:36 PM
I forgot to add;

Titanic- good effects but a remake of "A Night to Remember" but with a love interest

Pearl Harbor - good effects but could do without the love interest

9 Ball Girl
11-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Stop or My Mom Will Shoot
House of 1,000 Corpses
Vanilla Sky
all of the Chucky movies
Friday the 13th parts 8, 9, 10

whole lot more...

ras314
11-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Bambi

Keith Talent
11-18-2003, 12:21 AM
"The Wind Will Carry Us" ... it was touted on the posters, with raves from The Times and all, as this beautiful, poignant, epic from Iran. What it was was 300 people squirming in a small theater, all waiting for something to happen for two hours ... nothing but this guy with a cell phone, saying "Allo, allo ... I have to go to higher ground" and then driving out of some dusty village, probably a dozen times. Excruciating.

Next most painful might have been "Russian Ark." This squirrely 19th century guy leads various strangers from various periods through a long-winded tour of The Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg ... looked at the paintings and made goofy comments that reminded me of Rupert Pupkin from Scorsese's "King of Comedy" ... and you shoulda seen the reviews!

nhp
11-18-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Stop or My Mom Will Shoot
House of 1,000 Corpses
Vanilla Sky
all of the Chucky movies
Friday the 13th parts 8, 9, 10

whole lot more... <hr /></blockquote>

Just curious, what did you not like about Vanilla Sky? I had to watch it a second time to understand it. After that I actually thought it was a decent movie. What turned you off about it?

Fred Agnir
11-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Too many. But the ones that stands out were:

Hunk Golden
Water World

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Bridget Fonda can't act a lick. She's ugly too. <hr /></blockquote>Wow. To each their own, I guess. I've always put her right at the top. (with Demi Moore). It could be Bridget's red hair I like, but I don't think that's the only thing.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr>Just curious, what did you not like about Vanilla Sky? I had to watch it a second time to understand it. After that I actually thought it was a decent movie. What turned you off about it? <hr /></blockquote>To tell you the truth, it made me fall asleep out of boredom! I have it at home on DVD so maybe I'll give it a 2nd chance with some Java next to me to keep me up! Also, I'm not a Tom Cruise fan.

wolfdancer
11-18-2003, 11:57 AM
I'll second the motion...Tom Cruise...Vanilla Sky....B.O.R.I.NNN.GGGGGG
BUT..how could anybody not like Bambi?...see above poster
She could have saved this movie..."Bambi and Nicole, Vanilla Sky" a possible AVN award here

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Exorcist II The Heretic. I'm still pissed off I wasted $3.50 on that in 1975 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A Fish Called Wanda
Fried Green Tomatoes

Voodoo Daddy
11-18-2003, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> all of the Chucky movies
whole lot more... <hr /></blockquote>

Hey now...Chucky ROCKS!!!

Voodoo~~~loves Chucky

ras314
11-19-2003, 01:20 PM
"how could anybody not like Bambi?..."

Hehe, wondered which Bambi people would think of. Was the old Walt Disney movie, disgusting. Cutesy movies of animals make me sick.

Now I've probably alienated a couple generations of people.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2003, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> "how could anybody not like Bambi?..."

Hehe, wondered which Bambi people would think of. Was the old Walt Disney movie, disgusting. Cutesy movies of animals make me sick.

Now I've probably alienated a couple generations of people. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.woodsnwater.net/images/trophy_deer_2.gif

dg-in-centralpa
11-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Kind of looks like one of Santa's reindeer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif You're getting a bucket of coal for Christmas this year.

DG

ras314
11-19-2003, 05:45 PM
That is one fine buck. Don't look like no raindeer to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Candyman
11-19-2003, 06:32 PM
My nephews visited from Dallas a couple of months back and wanted to rent this movie named "Joe Dirt". I thought it was the worst movie I had ever seen, but I found myself laughing my a$$ off. I laughed because the kids were having so much fun-I thought. Well, it came on Dish the other night and I found myself laughing again. Maybe it will be a cult classic like Rocky 1-21. Here is a brief glimpse: /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Comedy
1 hr. 33 min. Joe Dirt is a janitor with a mullet hairdo, acid-washed jeans and a dream to find the parents that he lost at the Grand Canyon when he was a belligerent, trailer park-raised eight-year-old. Now, blasting Van Halen in his jacked-up economy car, the irrepressibly optimistic Joe hits the road alone in search of his folks. As his wandering, misguided search takes him from one hilarious misadventure to another, Joe finds his way to Los Angeles, where a shock-jock brings Joe on his radio show to insult him. But as Joe's life story unfolds, jeers turn to cheers, and an entire captivated city tunes in to hear the adventures of Joe Dirt.
Release Date: April 11, 2001 Nationwide.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for crude and sex related humor, language.
Distributor: Columbia Tristar

Cast and Credits

Starring: David Spade, Kid Rock, Brittany Daniel, Christopher Walken, Dennis Miller
Directed by: Dennie Gordon
Produced by: Robert Simonds
More Cast and Credits...

Critical Consensus

Critics Reviews Average Grade: N/A

Chicago Tribune,
"...killed by blah characters, lame jokes and cliches you can see coming a mile away." Full Review...
E! Online,
(grade: D) "...give this one the brush-off." Full Review...
Roger Ebert,
(1.5 stars) "...what these movies...often do not understand is that the act of being buried in crap is not in and of itself funny." Full Review...
Rolling Stone,
"...[a] dead raccoon of a movie..." Full Review...

Cueless Joey
11-19-2003, 07:31 PM
I saw Joe Dirt on a date.
It was so dumb we kept laughing.
"How could you leave me there?"
The scenes with the alligator were so dumb it was hilarius.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-20-2003, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I saw Joe Dirt on a date.
It was so dumb we kept laughing..... <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah that's what I thought too. A total waste of time but somehow amusing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
11-20-2003, 08:14 AM
I thought Joe Dirt was a good flick. I also thought 8 Legged Freaks was a good flick though stupid as well. I watched Beavis and Butthead Do America............twice yesterday and while a waste of time it makes me laugh. Probably the last movie I wasted money on was "A.I.". Of course you'll rarely find me at the movies and it's awfully tough to waste time at home, you just change the channel.

Kato

Singlemalt
11-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Joe Dirt?? This made it worth it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://movieweb.com/movie/joedirt/co4.jpg

Kato
11-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Very hot chick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Kato
11-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey was so stupid and horrible.
Pretty much every Steven Seagal movie sucks. He does have hot chicks as leading ladies though.
Every Van Damne movie sucks. Seen one seen 'em all.
Pretty much every Friday the 13th after the second or third one sucks, same with Halloween.

You know what really sucked? The TommyKnockers. That "Made For T.V." debacle. Stephen King wrote a masterpiece that would have been a great rated R flick and instead they wrecked it. The remake of The Shining sucked too. How can you replace Jack? Especially with the guy from Wings? Micheal Keaton would have done better.

There has never been a chick flick that didn't suck.

You know what else sucks? The Wiggles. How the heck can my 16 month old neice like these dorks?

Anything done by PeeWee sucks really bad. PeeWee's Big Top? Puuulllllleeeeaazzzzz.

Bridget Fonda is smokin' hot. Had to throw that in there.

Kato~~~blowing off steam /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
11-23-2003, 10:39 AM
"Vanilla Sky" Definately
"Water World"
"Eyes Wide Shut"
Also, thought "Chicago" was totally over rated.

Chris Cass
11-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Has to be Barbarella with Jane Fonda. It was racey at the time. We all watched it for it's sexual content or I might say referance to it. Dumb movie. Wonder how they got Jane to do it. I think David Bowie was in it too. I think it was a UPS inspired movie with all that bubble wrap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.

#### leonard
11-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Chris
Jane and I both graduated high school in Troy,Ny in 1955. Jane at Emma Williard and I at Catholic High. Troy boasts two Academy Award winning actresses graduating school there.

Maureen Stapleton graduated from Catholic High also, George C. Scott on the TOnight Show told Johnny Carson he rated Maureen the best actress ever. Walter Matthau seconded that opinion when he was on the show a couple of weeks later.####

Fred Agnir
11-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Well, I figured this would be the best place to put this review. In a word, this movie was the biggest waste of money and time in the history of moviemaking. Worse than Waterworld. That's one word, now for word number two.

The movie is 2h13 minutes there abouts. There is about 2 sputtering minutes of action up until 1hr45. They spent too much time on background. Background is fine, but man did they draw it out. Both my wife and actually nodded off, and didn't miss a freakin' thing.

The final half hour was good, not great. The ending wasn't suspenseful. Booooooooooring doesn't even come close to describing it.

So, there you go. It's definitely the biggest waste of money for me since I bought the friggin' DVD. Bitch.

Fred

Chris Cass
11-24-2003, 09:26 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wonder if you could sell it?

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
11-24-2003, 11:23 AM
I read the book. I liked it fine. Watched the first 20 minutes of the movie and quit. I wanted to sleep.

Kato

Rod
12-11-2003, 12:34 PM
I have to add this movie. Keep in mind I have never watched it and never will, so the only time I waisted is this post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I don't know why I even bothered but I detest those kind of movies. I realy have a huge list though.

~~~ Rod , done detesting /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Joey, since you seem to select the worst movies available ( and bonus points for watching ALL of the Van Damme garbage )for your viewing pleasure; could you post a list of the ones you intend to go to? That would save the rest of us $$ ...movies we should avoid

wolfdancer
12-11-2003, 01:27 PM
This movie may be a miracle cure for insomnia..an accidental discovery, just like penicillin.

Kato
12-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Did anyone see the movie "Feardotcom"? I watched it twice, it sucked both times. Supposed to be a horror flick about killing people on the internet. I tried to get it, I just couldn't. It must have been bad because I like horror.

Kato

PS. Why is it that every woman in a horror flick

a) Has an inadequately lit house? (no woman I know does)
b) Runs upstairs?
c) Is showering when the killer comes calling? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
12-11-2003, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Joey, since you seem to select the worst movies available ( and bonus points for watching ALL of the Van Damme garbage )for your viewing pleasure; could you post a list of the ones you intend to go to? That would save the rest of us $$ ...movies we should avoid <hr /></blockquote>
I guess when I said all JCVD movies, all was a dangling modifier. All of his movies I saw sukked but I did not see all of his movies. Btw, half of his movies are just remakes of Bruce Lee movies.