PDA

View Full Version : Antique Brunswick Aviator

Blackjack
11-17-2003, 07:11 PM
I have purchased what I think is an antique Brunswick Aviator 4' X 8' pool table. In several places on the frame are stamped the numbers 119346. Will this help me identify the table?

Barbara
11-17-2003, 07:23 PM
bBlackjack,

I hate to tell you that that the serial number will mean more to you than Brunswick. They have no clue. They have no history achives for any of their equipment.

So write it down and get the owners' provenance and a COA
if you can.

Worked for me.

Barbara

Ken
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Blackjack,

Brunswick says they lost all their records in a flood. Sometimes the serial number is preceeded with a letter that may match the model name. I don't know if that is universally true. I assume you have no letter.

Generally the serial number is stamped on all major pieces and will give you an indication if you have one complete table.

There is a picture of the Aviator at Brunswick's website:

http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/history/antique_tables/aviator.html

There is also a detailed description of the sizes of pieces and the construction of the table. You should be able to check some of those details on your table.

Key elements of the Aviator are the sloping sides of the frame, the large square legs and the rail bolts being exposed. Three rail bolts on each side rail and four on the end rail may be a distinguishing feature but keep in mind that there might be variations in some of the features especially between the 8 and 9 foot versions. I would guess the table shown is an 8 foot and the 9 foot might have four bolts in each section.

I'll see if I can find any more pics.
KenCT

ChrisW
11-18-2003, 10:05 AM
There is a bar (YES, a bar) that has that exact table.
Plus another one that is very similar but has some decorative molding.
They both could be awesome tables if they were taken care of.
Unfortunately years of cigarettes, beer and misuse has taken its toll.
But hey, you can't complain about $2.00/hr.
Then again I would gladly pay more if they put nice cloth and leveled them once in a while.
They have had the same cheap bar table cloth for at least 9 or 10 years and probably haven't been leveled since then either.

Chris