PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Cue on Ebay

anarchist
11-18-2003, 10:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone has seen this cue on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3638701431&category=21 212

It looks real nice but this seller says he doesn't know who made it. Any suggestions? I was interested but not sure if I should fork over the money on something without a name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

datplayer
11-18-2003, 10:20 AM
If you are asking who make it, I don't know. Looks like someone who has a CNC machine.

I'm not sure if I would buy that cue for $400. Although if it comes with a Philippi shaft and real Ivory inlays, it may be worth it. IF it's real Ivory, that about the most I've seen on a custom cue yet

Iowashark
11-18-2003, 10:46 AM
I'm going to guess that the maker of the cue was on the butt cap, and maybe the reason for the refinishing. This is just speculation, but I imagine the seller knows the maker and rid the cue of identifying marks during refinishing. I don't trust it, smells fishy.
400 seems a little steep for a cue with a salvage title.

~~Dave

cycopath
11-18-2003, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr>400 seems a little steep for a cue with a salvage title.
<hr /></blockquote>LOL! Salvage title. Never thought about like that.

Jimmy B
11-19-2003, 04:43 AM
Take a shot Lincoln did. I mean what do you expect the cue is dead straight and has 2 shafts, it also has Ivory inlays. I'm not sure what world you guys live in but 400 is kinda cheap for a plane cue with 2 shafts, I think the up side is much bigger then the downside. Go for it. JB