PDA

View Full Version : Football!

Eric.
11-19-2003, 09:42 AM
For the Football fan, it's the time of year where you know if your team is going places or you hope they are but reality is that you've smoked too much Crack /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In NJ, it's tough being a loyal Giants fan. After losing week after week by shooting yourself in the foot, it's really a drag on the team spirit.

I pass this one house in my morning commute that says it all. The guy that lives there is obviously a Giants fan too. In the last few weeks, he has had an inflatable Giants player on the front lawn http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2225752&cat=86098&type=1&de pt=5428&path=0%3A4125%3A4161%3A86098 and since the Giants went into "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" mode, he's had something to say about it. Last week, he put a garbage can out ther and had the inflatable's head in it. This week he has a dress and apron on the Player.

I almost hope the Giants lose next week /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eric >go team

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't bet on football and the Bengals have sucked for 13 years so I don't follow football much. but..........

The Bengals defeated the 9-0 Chiefs Sunday /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Marvin Lewis is a very good coach but the main reason they are doing better is the fact that owner Mike Brown has quit sticking his nose into the running of the team and screwing it up.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Trouble is, now that the team is good again I can't afford to go /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The prices are about 3 times as high as they were in 1990.

UWPoolGod
11-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Well that is what is weird about the Seahawks this year. They are doing alright so far. The last dozen years they have been a .500 team who gets middle of the round draft picks and cannot get anyone to help em. Now they have picked up a few players and are halfway contending. Still will probably finish at .500

dg-in-centralpa
11-19-2003, 03:19 PM
It's a shame for Kerry Collins. He seems to have decent games in terms of passing yardage, but he can't find the end zone or the receivers drop the ball. Tiki Barber also fumbles alot.

DG - from Collins original hometown

Barbara
11-19-2003, 05:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

DG,

You'd be hard-pressed to find a great QB that didn't come from a PA town.

Barbara

Keith Talent
11-20-2003, 12:43 AM
Eric,

You think rooting for the Giants is hard? Try the Jets. Week after week, and year after year, they make it interesting ... for just long enough to make you ill when they fold. If only they coulda pulled out that game against Big Blue, or the Colts, or .... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

and I don't ever want to hear the name A.J. Duhe again. To this day, Freeman McNeil won't talk about THAT game.

Tom_In_Cincy
11-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Wally,

Now that I've moved from Cincy to Sacramento, my professional Football choices are SF49'ers and the Oakland Raiders. Neither have a winning record.

I wonder if the Cincinnati Reds will challenge this year since I moved to CA?

Nontheless, the Bengals have a chance to go 6-5 and have 1st place in their division all to themselves if they show up at SanDeigo and PLAY like they did against KCC.

One to the NFL records the Bengals will hold for a VERY long time is 100 losses in 10 years. YUCK.

Elvis has left the building..

Wally_in_Cincy
11-20-2003, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> It's a shame for Kerry Collins. He seems to have decent games in terms of passing yardage, but he can't find the end zone or the receivers drop the ball. Tiki Barber also fumbles alot.

<hr /></blockquote>

Off-topic sort of but...

Who is the guy that does color on the Steelers radio network? He sounds like Johnny Ervolino /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I heard him for the first time last month.

Eric.
11-20-2003, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> It's a shame for Kerry Collins. He seems to have decent games in terms of passing yardage, but he can't find the end zone or the receivers drop the ball.

<font color="blue">Collins seems to have more open receivers on the other teams defense /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

Tiki Barber also fumbles alot.
<font color="blue"> Is once a game considered alot? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

<font color="blue"> My condolences </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Kato
11-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Try being a Dolphin fan. Every year they tell us the offense will be better (without actually drafting anyone or picking up real free agents). Try going out and getting Ricky Williams to tote the rock and then not putting an offensive line in front of him.

Every year we either get close to making the playoffs or making the playoffs and losing in the first round or losing every game in December and not making the playoffs, getting a mid-round draft choice so we can "pick the best athelete available" and never get any help.

Kato

Singlemalt
11-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Try being a Redskins fan..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Eric.
12-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Well, now it's official. After the head coach was fired, on the heels of our 6 game almost-winning streak, the Giants are now playing for top draft picks.

I passed by the guys house this morning and he had a toilet on the front lawn with the inflatable Giants guys' head in the bowl. Pretty much sums it up.

Eric &gt;has left the building

Voodoo Daddy
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Off-topic sort of but...

Who is the guy that does color on the Steelers radio network? He sounds like Johnny Ervolino /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I heard him for the first time last month. <hr /></blockquote>

The Velvet Foghorn &lt;boy, do I miss hangin' with Johnny&gt;...I know a former broadcaster from that area that sounds a lil like Johnny, his name is Scott Ferrel. Ring a bell?

Kato
12-18-2003, 12:46 PM
I'm sure you know Ferrel is here now right Steve? Of course you do. I've been a listener of his for years when he did late nights syndicated. I like his off brand of sportscasting.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
12-18-2003, 12:58 PM
I used to listen to him when I worked the graveyard years ago...his show Scott Ferrel on Bench 29 from Las Vegas. Whata voice he has &lt;shrugs&gt;!!! He got fired from WQAM &lt;home of the lifeless Fin's and lost track of him since.

Kato
12-18-2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't realize WQAM canned him since I've been basically listening exclusively to Fox Sports on 940. There's only so much Hank, Howard David, and Mandich I can stomach.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
12-18-2003, 01:25 PM
I hear ya about Hammer and Howard David...but Mandich? He may be the best sports guy in South Florida. You can keep 940 with that moron Jim Rome, talk about ponderous!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Don't really listen to Rome but I do like Sadano. By the way, Eddie K is the best guy around these parts. Can you really argue this point Steve?

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
12-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Kaplan is really strong but he looks at everything through the eyes of a sports bettor, not a SuperBowl ring-holder.

Voodoo~~~likes Eddie K., loves Mandich but takes KATO and the under!!

TomBrooklyn
12-20-2003, 01:11 AM
After Denver Broncos coach Mike Shannahan passes away and enters the Pearly Gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows Mike a little 2-bedroom house with a faded Denver Broncos banner hanging from the front porch.

"This is your home, Coach. Most people don't get their own house up here," God explains.

Mike looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on the top of the hill. It's a huge 3-story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all of the windows. Kansas City Chiefs flags line both sides of the sidewalk with a huge Chiefs banner hanging between the marble columns.

"Thanks for the home, God, but let me ask you a question. How come I get this little 2-bedroom house with a faded Denver Broncos banner, and Dick Vermiel gets a mansion with new Chiefs banners and flags flying all over the place?"

God looks at him seriously for a moment and then replies, "That's not Dick's house, that's mine."

Ralph S.
12-20-2003, 01:57 AM
Should K.C. choke and miraculously Denver goes all the way, that just might wind up being Shannahan's mansion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.&gt;hardcore Denver Broncos fan.