PDA

View Full Version : New pool movie...not too bad.

Iowashark
11-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Watched a new pool movie last night called Stickmen. I think it releases in the US in January. It's an Australian movie comparable to PHJ. The story line involves an underground tournament, that these guys get invited to play in. Stakes are high. The actual pool playing is comparable to PHJ, but they show less of the shots. A lot more drinking and sex than PHJ. Two things I didn't like about it...Every player seemed to play with an Aluminum cue, and the lead character hurts his hand right before the final match...coincidence? Pretty good movie altogether with some good laughs.

Those of you who think Accustats tapes are good pool movies won't like this at all. ( You all know who you are, harping on PHJ because the pool playing wasn't realistic). But for those of you who liked PHJ will like this one as well, maybe even a little more.

~~Dave

Steve Lipsky
11-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Wow... that is weird. I saw most of this movie about 6 months ago on some cable channel, late at night. I remember being intrigued because it was a pool movie I had never heard of.

I remember it having a certain "feel", which I was impressed with. Other than that, I don't remember a thing, unfortunately.

- Steve