PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi Jump Cue

BeanDiesel
11-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Has anybody ever tried this cue. I'm looking forward to buying it if it's good. Please share your opinion.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3638271168&category=21 212

Iowashark
11-20-2003, 11:26 AM
I have tried it, and I do like it. It's very comparable to the bunjee in both jumpability and price. Not a bad investment at all.

Sid_Vicious
11-20-2003, 12:16 PM
I have owned one for a few years and almost everyone I've let use it has praised it for it's jumps. A few friends wants to buy it from me, many have bought one because of mine, and each Lucasi JC jumps like mine, GREAT! I opt to take mine to town instead of my Stealth regularly.

Only thing I don't like about your Ebay deal is all the added costs. For 40 bucks I'd consider buying another one to keep in a utility case at the office, but the added costs gets me within a few bucks of what I can buy it elsewhere for, and that kinda rubs me the wrong way. I am fortunate in having a billiard internet store here locally, so I save the shipping.

Btw, the replacement tip for that cue costs about twenty, same cost as a bungee tip, plus you almost HAVE to have someone with a lathe install it, so to gear up another cue(as I had to finally do with the Stealth before I could get it to hop like the Lucasi), cost about the same as the entire cue price in your Ebay ad, I think you have a good direction if you need a JC. sid

Chris Cass
11-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi Sid,

You may want to hang onto that Stealth. I heard they went out of business. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~loves his Air Time from Stealth but has seen the Lucasi in action. That tip should be outlaw'd...

Sid_Vicious
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
I have too much invested in it to let it go, besides...the thing makes good short jumps. I'm just more accurate hitting and then making balls with the Lucasi. I'd keep the Stealth regardless since it was a cue I got through Scott. It has sentimental value now...sid

Chris Cass
11-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Hi Sid,

I know what you mean by sentimental value. The thing I like so much about my AirTime is I can jump masse, jump draw and masse around one ball to hit another. It's so user friendly. The Lucasi and the Sledgehammer b/j can jump easily over a ball a little less than 1" away but those tips will tear up cloth in a blink of an eye. Not to mention, it's like stealing. It kind or takes the art out of jumping. Then again my friend Steve Lipsky would like to burn everyone of the jump cues ever made and possibly break all the fingers of the people who uses them. hahahahahahahahahahaha J/K.

Regards,

C.C.

Sid_Vicious
11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Chris...I've used mine going on 3 years and never even ticked a slight bit of cloth much less a rip. Maybe I'm just good, YEA right ;-) sid

UTAddb
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
I tried a friend's lucasi jumper and it was amazing. It made balls ridiculously easy to jump. It also has a 14mm composite balkite tip which helps a lot. It's like a rock. I'm going to get one and I recommend the same for you.

Snyder1
11-21-2003, 06:52 AM
I have that very cue. I tried in vain for months trying to jump with various standard size & other "short" cues that I have. WITH NO LUCK WHATSOEVER. Heeding the advice of the masses here, I bit the bullet & bought a jump cue. Its unbelievable how much of a difference this type of cue makes for jumping - it amazes me to this day how easy it is to jump with this cue. I haven't used any others, so I can't give a comparison of jump cues, but I will say this one works well. Can't beat the price on ebay either ...

JS

PQQLK9
11-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Had mine for a couple years now and still luv it.