PDA

View Full Version : Mike Massey story

Keith Talent
11-20-2003, 03:25 PM
A friend of mine in Knoxville, Tenn., where I camped out for a number of years, forwarded this story on Mike Massey from a local paper there. Interesting tale ...

http://www.metropulse.com/dir_zine/dir_2003/1346/t_cover.html

tateuts
11-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Good stuff - thanks Keith!

chris

Skilor
11-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Great post!

eg8r
11-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the article. That was very interesting. Love to hear stories about the best. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Billy
11-21-2003, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> A friend of mine in Knoxville, Tenn., where I camped out for a number of years, forwarded this story on Mike Massey from a local paper there. Interesting tale ...

http://www.metropulse.com/dir_zine/dir_2003/1346/t_cover.html
<hr /></blockquote>

thanks for sharing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RUNaRAK
11-21-2003, 12:08 PM
I really enjoyed the article. Mike Massey is one real Class Act. Nice to see that we all have a chance of getting out of the slump. Interesting account of his struggles.

Ralph S.
11-21-2003, 12:11 PM
That was an excellent story. More reading material like that would be great to see on the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Ralph, if you're interested he has some good stories on his website, if you've never seen it

www.mikemassey.com (http://www.mikemassey.com)

Ralph S.
11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
TY Wally, will definitely take a look see LOL.

Kato
11-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Terrific article to read.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
11-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Mike Massey will be at Hard Times Billiards in Sacramento CA. this weekend (Sunday 1pm) to promote, sell and have a 'book signing'.

He might (maybe) just play in the 9 ball open tournament and do some trick shots.

This article is very good reading and I've got some great responses from the players took the time to finish the 7 pages.

Thanks for sharing Keith

Keith Talent
11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Glad y'all found it interesting. And it's a testament to Massey that he even survived playing in those scary East Tennessee beer joints. I worked on the daily paper down there, and the police reports from those places in the countryside were hair-raising ... so I did my drinking in town, thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2003, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Glad y'all found it interesting. And it's a testament to Massey that he even survived playing in those scary East Tennessee beer joints. I worked on the daily paper down there, and the police reports from those places in the countryside were hair-raising ... so I did my drinking in town, thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Geez... city boy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j/k...I've seen first-hand how mean those country boys can get when they get on the moonshine.

Pelican
11-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Excellent article Keith. If I was to win the lottery I'd back him in the movie (long as I a part in it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)