PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi Cues

FearlessInc
11-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm about to get my 2nd cue... my First cue was a fiberglass Halex Titanium... and now I'm ready to move on.
Lucasi Cues seem real nice, and good, especially for its money too. I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations in the Lucasi line? Looking to spend about $250 probably, $300 max, but prefer the $200-250 range.

Thanks!

UWPoolGod
11-21-2003, 12:43 PM
I am sure that they all hit about the same in that range. Just go to the cue store, try em out if possible beforehand. Then if you have to, go online and buy the same model. Might be cheaper..you might even be able to get a $400 model for your price online. I bet they all hit the same so just find a pretty one you like and get it. The get used to it. If down the road you become a great player, still with the passion, you can trade up to another cue.

Singlemalt
11-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Good cues for the money. Put a 314 on it. I put one on mine and like it much more now.

FearlessInc
11-21-2003, 03:49 PM
As you can tell, I'm kind of new to buying cuesticks. The only reason I'm a little weary of buying custom cues is because I'm not the best, but I'm improving after each game, and I want to get serious (not pro, but like tournaments)

Like a lot of sports, it's not the equipment but the person who plays and I don't want to get a stick that would be too good for me or anything like that. Maybe there are customs that fit me, but I have no idea. That's why I'm asking for help.
If anyone want to help me out, that would be great, they can PM me, reply, or email me @ fearlessinc@nyc.rr.com.
Thanks

SPetty
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FearlessInc:</font><hr> As you can tell, I'm kind of new to buying cuesticks. The only reason I'm a little weary of buying custom cues ...<hr /></blockquote>Hi FearlessInc,

1) It's not a stick, it's a cue.
2) Perhaps you're "leery" of buying custom? "Weary" would be that you're tired of it and I don't think any pool player could get tired of buying cues...

Sid_Vicious
11-21-2003, 05:02 PM
"It's not a stick, it's a cue."

Then why are PH cues called wall sticks???sid

FearlessInc
11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Okay, let's ignore my grammar mistakes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
So anyways, about my comment above, is that true or can I still get a custom cue, if I am serious and still learning the game as I play each day?

FearlessInc
11-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Hmm, now I'm starting to think about Pechauer Cues.

Sid_Vicious
11-22-2003, 12:49 AM
"Like a lot of sports, it's not the equipment but the person who plays and I don't want to get a stick that would be too good for me"

I was just funnin' with SPetty, not gouging your grammar. By all means buy a great cue and grow into it. The more I respect the wood, then better it dances with me...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2003, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FearlessInc:</font><hr> Hmm, now I'm starting to think about Pechauer Cues. <hr /></blockquote>

Pechauer's a real nice cue.I like McDermott a lot myself. But that's just my humble opinion. I had a Lucasi but I did not like the taper. They hit sweet though.

Wally~~buys American when possible

Brent
11-23-2003, 09:09 AM
I got Lucasi a few weeks ago and I really really like it. I also had a crappy stick before and I had no idea that the feel could be so much different...better /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-24-2003, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr> I got Lucasi a few weeks ago and I really really like it. I also had a crappy stick before and I had no idea that the feel could be so much different...better /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

Cool. How are ya' hittin' 'em? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I really like the hit of the Lucasi, nice and solid.

Brent
11-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Hi Wally. Im hitting the eyes off them balls /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Actually Im doing great. I came 3rd in the Estonian Championships in straight pool. Here a goofy picture...Im the on one the left /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifhttp://www.epf.ee/turniirid/fotod/linnade_mv/een14.jpg

SPetty
11-24-2003, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr> Im the on one the left /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote>Here's the pic...
http://www.epf.ee/turniirid/fotod/linnade_mv/een14.jpg