PDA

View Full Version : Nice win CAROL !!!

facets58
11-21-2003, 04:51 PM
The WPBA site shows that Carol Clark just beat Belinda Campos Calhoun 9-8.

Great win! She'll have her hands full again with Sarah Rousey next.

Mike--

Doctor_D
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote facets58:</font><hr> The WPBA site shows that Carol Clark just beat Belinda Campos Calhoun 9-8.

Great win! She'll have her hands full again with Sarah Rousey next.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Great News !

Go get em carol ...

Dr. D.

Mike-- <hr /></blockquote>

Karatemom
11-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Way to go, Carol! Go get 'em girl!!!!

Heide ~ rooting for Carol all the way

Nostroke
11-21-2003, 05:18 PM
It was scary- she was up 7-2 and shooting a fairly easy nine which she jarred and next thing you know -Hill Hill
It's one apiece at the moment with sarah. Gina K Lipsky won her match vs S Mello and Liz S beat Jenny lee also for you NY'rs. Ellie had a tough draw- First Jennifer Chen, then Michelle Rakin so unfortunately she is out.Suprisingly J Seaver went 2 and out also.

SRpool
11-21-2003, 07:52 PM
I just wanted to congratulate Carol on having a good tournament. She is playing very well and it is only a matter of time. I'm sorry we had to play and I'm sorry it was a pretty ugly match. But, I am very happy to see her play well. I may not be so lucky next tournament /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sarah

cuechick
11-21-2003, 08:04 PM
I believe this has to be Gina making the big fashion statement?
And where is GY Kim?

http://www.wpba.com/images/Nat03Plaid.jpg

facets58
11-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Always a class act...
Who says you don't belong in the pros.

Say hi to Stacy for me, the cel phones don't work too well out there. Good luck in your next match, I heard she has a good sparing partner:)

Mike--

Chris Cass
11-22-2003, 12:14 AM
I can see Carol going up bigtime. She belongs in the top and will get there to. I have no doubt. Great job Carol.

Regards,

C.C.~~another Blackheart success story. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
11-22-2003, 05:55 AM
That is a real confidence builder, if I ever saw one.

Way to go Carol! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://www.wpba.com/images/Nat03Clark.jpg

Barbara
11-22-2003, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr>Ellie had a tough draw- First Jennifer Chen, then Michelle Rakin so unfortunately she is out.<hr /></blockquote>

Time to go shopping!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Barbara
11-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Sarah,

The draw is the draw.

Congrats to you AND Carol.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2003, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> I believe this has to be Gina making the big fashion statement?
And where is GY Kim?

http://www.wpba.com/images/Nat03Plaid.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

Is Harry (Gremlin) the official photographer for the WPBA now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BLACKHEART
11-22-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm workin' on it,Carol &amp; it looks like you are too!!!...JER

jjinfla
11-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Nice showing Sarah that should move you up a notch or two in the ratings. Master all those shots that gave you trouble this time and next tournament you will do even better. Always good to see a fellow Chicagoan do well. We can't let these New Yorkers win all the time. LOL Maybe next time we will see the battle of the Sarahs. Jake

Gayle in MD
11-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Big congratulations from your biggest fan, me, LOL.

Can't wait to watch my gal on ESPN...
Love,

Gayle in Md.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
11-23-2003, 01:27 PM
That's her allright. No shopping for Gina though-Marathon Blackjack, terrorizing everyone within her range.

GYK is playing in Japan either right now or very soon and planned to miss this one.

Nostroke
11-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Oddly enough, in a last minute change of heart, she chose Hold'M poker over shopping. Jeannie S, Lil MO, Phoebe, were also at the poker table.

Jen was the only one to break free from the strong gravitational like pull of the tables and make it to the Outlet mall. I think with her never say die attitude, she has taken over the shopping lead. Ellie settling for second place.

Barbara
11-23-2003, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Oddly enough, in a last minute change of heart, she chose Hold'M poker over shopping. Jeannie S, Lil MO, Phoebe, were also at the poker table.

Jen was the only one to break free from the strong gravitational like pull of the tables and make it to the Outlet mall. I think with her never say die attitude, she has taken over the shopping lead. Ellie settling for second place. <hr /></blockquote>

I knew I could count on you to keep me updated!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbarab

Nostroke
11-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Nope-Harry doesn't make too many WPBA stops unless they are close to DC. Has to keep an eye on his business i presume.

I dont know who the photogrpher was. Could be that "Buttman" dude maybe.

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:30 AM
Wow,
Thank you all so very much for your support, I really appreciate it!
On a serious note, there were so many positive and inspirational influences at this tournament which came from certain players and they were Melissa Hearndon, Romana Dokovic, Kelly Oyama,Lisa Marr, Sarah Rousey,Jennifer Barretta, Rich Sacco,Candi Rego, I mean, the list could go on, whether it was words or what have you,I thank them all so much, but I would also like to thank Tony (Robles)!
My first match, I lost 9-2 and I only got the 2 games because my opponent missed a nineball and I ran ONE rack-talk about pathetic, I couldnt get out with BIH-I was so dishearted and felt "maybe I cant do it, maybe I dont belong here"well, I made a phone call to Tony (and for those of you who know Tony, you'd definitely here him saying this) and this is what he said,
"There is nothing you cannot achieve in life when you believe in yourself, so you MUST believe in yourself ,because I believe in you,keep the faith!"This is such a strong statement, no matter who says it to you, be it your friend, teacher,lover or what have you!So, I went into my next match,giving it my all, no holds barred and winning just ONE match, put me over that hurdle! And that was a good thing!:):):)
Now, for those who know me, on the silly note,ha ha ha, I dont know if anyone seen the movie "Anger Management", but my daughter was describing the scene where Jack Nicholson stops in the middle of the bridge and tells Adam Sandler to sing and the song is "I feel Pretty" from West Side Story and the verse was where one of them sings:
"See the pretty girl in the mirror there" and the other one replies "what mirror where?", well, each time I made a mistake or missed, that scene went through my mind and I was cracking up laughing inside,I know it sounds silly,ha ha ha!But, it worked!:):):)
Anyways, I feel everyone has the potential to achieve their goals if they believe in themselves, so just believe in yourself,AHHHHHHHHH-ITE?
And if I dont have a chance to get back to you all, stay safe and have a NICE THANKSGIVING!
And once again, thank-you so much!
Carol:):):):)
Oh, Chris, you were with me each time I pulled out the jump cue!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:33 AM
Ha Ha HA,
I know, I think I took a couple of years off some peoples life, a bit of advice,
'Dont sweat my match" you'll wind up falling off the seat,ha ha ha ha
Thanks Dave!
Carol

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:42 AM
This was the Nationals,just like any pro-event,there is no "easy" draw! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Now that was funny Wally!
ha ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:45 AM
You know what I always say,Jer,
"Good things come to those who wait!"
My best to Connie!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
11-24-2003, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry it was a pretty ugly match <hr /></blockquote>
Yo girl,
I consider you a friend and a fine player-you took the right shot-I woulda took it in a heartbeat!
See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric.
11-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Congrats, Carol!! We'll be rooting for ya as you work towards Touring Pro /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric

Melissa in CA
11-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey girl,

I just wanted to give you a BIG high five for your excellent win over Belinda. Beating a Top 16 seed is always a tremendous achievement...especially when you feel like you might be struggling with your game at the time. I also wanted you to know that, even though you give me credit as being an inspirational figure to you, it actually works both ways baby! Your fire and passion for the game and your willingness to learn and grow have certainly reminded me why I love being out there. And ever since we met, you have been a huge support for me...and I want you to remember that I will ALWAYS be around if you need me. Just keep this in mind ... it is not the result, it is the journey. One ball at a time.

Love, Melissa

CarolNYC
11-25-2003, 04:00 AM
Thanks Eric,
Your the best! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Have a nice Thanksgiving!
love,
Carol

CarolNYC
11-25-2003, 04:11 AM
Yo,
Words couldnt begin to describe what you have meant to me!I feel everyone has a certain "aura" or energy they emit, and YOU are just a positive "TOWER of POWER"-I will thank God ,everyday, for a friend like you /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hugging you right back, bigtime!
You stay well-I'll see you soon!
Carol~thinks Melissa should be a teacher!:):):):)