PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hump Day!

rackmup
04-17-2002, 05:34 AM
Well, we are at that time when we climb over the hump of the work week (for those who ARE working this week.)

I'm curious though...maybe there's an older, deeper meaning to "Hump Day"...

...Maybe in the old days before autos in the Middle East, Wednesday was the traditional day for the family to go camel shopping or on a trip into the country atop the hump of a camel.
And "Camel Lots" would have the crazed camel salesman latching onto you saying things like "Oh, sir, you've really got an eye for a good hump. That one will run for over a week without water" or "someone with your obvious style is probably after one of these sporty Dromedary numbers -- just think of the 72 Virgins you'll attract with this baby -wink wink-". ...

Or maybe (hopefully?) "hump day" was a purely sexual reference. I can just imagine all these people walking around on Wednesdays with big grins on their faces, shirts half un-tucked and their hips thrusting in an uncontrolled fashion.

Or maybe back when they first tried putting lawns in the front yard and the landscape was real bumpy and uneven, Wednesday was the day they tried to cut the grass, thus the reference to "hump day."

Perhaps in Alaska, or some other whale hunting locale, Wednesday was the day to hunt "Humpbacks."

I'm not sure. Perhaps I have "over-thought" the issue. Maybe it doesn't matter. All I know is I'm glad it's Wednesday.

Regards,

Ken (attempting to solve life's mysteries during his week off)

Doctor_D
04-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Good morning:

Tuesday, is my hump day. I work 12 to 14 hours a day on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays so that I can spend the day Friday in my favorite Billiard Club - Amsterdam West.

Dr. D.

SPetty
04-17-2002, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>Perhaps I have "over-thought" the issue.
<hr></blockquote>

um... DUH!
/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

stickman
04-17-2002, 07:08 AM
Hump Day? Every day is hump day for me. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif It has it's advantages and it's disadvantages. The disadvantage (naturally) is it doesn't pay so well. I wish I had a poolhall that was open during the day. That would be a great advantage.