PDA

View Full Version : Back from WPBA finals on Sunday *TV Spoilers*

UWPoolGod
11-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Baffled as always I return to work after finally watching a pro pool event. Amazing shot making, effortless runouts, killer safes.
In the first TV match, Monica Webb player Jeanette Lee. Monica sure is a solid player and took Jeanette to hill-hill with the break. After making a few balls, and using her extension, Monica was forced to pull a tough cut shot in the side which she left just short of the pocket. This left Lee the opening and she ran the table out. for the hill-hill thriller. Great match.

After Jeanette changed clothes, *insert drool here*, she had to face Karen Corr. Less started strong off the bat, break and running the first rack, billiarding the 2nd and break and running the third for a 3-0 lead. Karen got back in the match but a few key scratches on the break and a miss left Jeanette outs and a 7-3 win.

The final match saw the players hold breaks until it was 4-4, race to 7. A missed easy 3 ball with perfect shape on the 4 opened the door for Allison where she cleared Lee's rack and then broke and ran her own to get up 6-4. A safe on Lee's break was kick combo'd in by Fisher who then ran the rest out for the win and the U.S. chanpionship. Awesome play.

It was amazing to me to be there during an actual filming what goes on behind the scenes. Having to wait around to break during tape setup, or Mitch's commentary. Bathroom breaks in the middle of the match...listening to drunk watchers scream out "GO ALLISON!! BREAK AND RUN IT!!!" Geez. Was this pool or a baseball game? Had trouble remembering hahaa. But it was a great time and it is coming back next year as well. Didn't get any pictures as we were late getting there and couldn't grab a camara.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Pretty cool isn't it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Usually after watching good players like that you will find yourself playing better, at least for a few days. Bet you can't wait to get to a table /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
11-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Good to see Jeanette do well.

How hard is Allison breaking?

Kato

UWPoolGod
11-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Looked to me like she slammed em pretty good. Few times stopped the cue center table, others it got kicked back up table after it stopped. Scratched once I think.

Broke from the right side of the rack. middle finger extended down the side of her shaft for straight stability. Addressed the cueball down at the base and then raised forward with her body which brought the tip up a bit. The break killed Karen, and Monica was up 4-1 on Lee and then came up empty on two breaks in a row which let Jeanette back in it. Tough matches.

Pelican
11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
If ya gets ta watch Janette change clothes I am DEFINATELY going next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

UWPoolGod
11-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Yeah it was a sight to behold. She went in this back room and when she came out...BAM...all changed. Super Woman. HAHA.