PDA

View Full Version : So you smoke?

Cueless Joey
11-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Our receptionist who just retired last year has died of lung cancer.
She didn't even enjoy her "golden years".
She was a chain smoker and could not quit.
My mother is a chain smoker too and I told her about our receptionist's tragedy. She can't quit either.
Maybe tobacco is addicting?

Eric.
11-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Dude,

I've been smoke free for 14 years.

Unfortunately, I hang in Pool halls and bars so I guess I'm still at a half a pack a day /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I usually don't preach about the ills of tobaccy smoke-no one wants to hear it. I will say that the story you mentioned has been replayed over and over. It's a shame.

Eric

Cueless Joey
11-24-2003, 02:17 PM
They banned public indoor smoking here in Cali.
Thank God. I used to smell like kaka after playing all night. The owner was so cheap he even pulled out the smoke eater. Thank God they did finally ban smoking.
It hasn't affected businesses one bit imo. I can't even imagine kids going to restaurants now and getting smoked at by adults in the next booth.

9 Ball Girl
11-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Is there a loop hole somewhere. One of the poolhalls in Queens lets you smoke cigs after 1 AM. Drives my eyeballs nuts!

Cueless Joey
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Is there a loop hole somewhere. One of the poolhalls in Queens lets you smoke cigs after 1 AM. Drives my eyeballs nuts! <hr /></blockquote>
They probably figure cops would be asleep by then.