PDA

View Full Version : Support of US Open to be on ESPN

Holly
04-17-2002, 08:13 AM
Greetings Everyone!

I ask that you please support the following call from Brady Behrman of Q-Masters Billiards to lobby ESPN to televise the US Open. For our much loved sport to grow financially and be further recognized, we need this type of exposure and the US Open with its long tradition, is an excellent choice. If this year the US Open, maybe in a year or two, the Derby Classic, then another event after that. Why not also FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS? I applaud Brady for his determindation and drive. I implore everyone to please follow the link that he included in his below message and write to have the Open be considered for the ESPN annual schedule of televised events.

Thanks,
Holly

Brady Behrman wrote in another post:

How come the U.S.Open is not televised?
Its all politics...

Anyone who wants to see the U.S.Open on ESPN email them at
http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

The U.S.Open on a major network brings "Corporate America" into the picture. With corporate america involved, pool will GROW!

Let ESPN know what you think...

Thanks

Brady Behrman / Q-Master Billiards

04-17-2002, 08:23 AM
I agree!

Good Job Brady

04-17-2002, 08:42 AM
I hope the brief email I sent to ESPN is ok.

Can you please tell me the dates & times the US Open for billiards or pocket billiards will be shown on ESPN? Lately I haven't been seeing any billiards or pocket billiards like 9 ball tournaments on ESPN. I was wondering why there is so little coverage for the game.
Thank you.
Eddie Gorniak Jr.
egorniak@aol.come

stickman
04-17-2002, 08:59 AM
I sent my e-mail. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Did you? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

cuechick
04-17-2002, 09:04 AM
I agree, every little bit helps, I am pasting in the email I just sent, in case anyone wants some idea of what they might say. I think empahsising the world wide popularity of our sport is important since that might translate into $ signs...which is all they care about.

I would like to see your network support and cover more Billiards events. Billiards is the 2nd most popular sport in the WORLD!!(The 1st being Soccer) The upcoming US OPEN and World Championships (Which are covered in Europe and Asia with 80 + hours of live play by play!!!) are premiere events that deserve your attention. One of the fastest growing sports in the US with close to 1 million NEW players every year (pool has few boundries for partcipants not even age or gender!) ESPN could be instumental in the boom. IMO: It is only it's minimal exposure on TV in our country keeping it from reaching the kind of mass appeal and acceptance that golf and tennis enjoy.
I hope you will consider taking another look at added coverage and promotion of this fast growing sport!
Thanks!

Also I am wondering about suggesting the BCA hold a informal open "forum' in Vegas with pros and amatuers coming together to disscuss "making Pool Flurish"...it is such a good opputunity, with so many present...

04-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Holly - Would they have Mitch do the commentary? I love pool, watch it on TV whenever I can, but am so sick of the horrible way that ESPN presents it that I won't even bother writing them. I wish that they weren't the only game in town!

stickman
04-17-2002, 11:11 PM
My dream would be to have a pool channel, something like the golf channel. Wouldn't that be great?