PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Jones Article

HiPockets
11-25-2003, 05:58 AM
There was a nice article about Jeremy Jones in the Houston Chronicle this past Sunday. Did anybody happen to read it? My question is why was it on the front page of the "feature" section and not the sports section? The sport not only suffers from an image problem but also suffers from "gender" bias.

Pelican
11-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Went to their web site but they charge you to view archive material. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone here that is a subscriber can access free. Maybe someone could copy/paste for us.

Sid_Vicious
11-25-2003, 10:13 AM
HiPockets surely can...sid

Steve Lipsky
11-25-2003, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HiPockets:</font><hr> The sport ... also suffers from "gender" bias. <hr /></blockquote>

Would you care to elaborate on this? I am not sure at all what you mean.

- Steve

pooltchr
11-25-2003, 10:47 AM
I read the "gender bias" comment to be a reference to the question of whether pool is a sport or a game. Maybe I took it wrong.

Steve Lipsky
11-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh, gotcha. Thanks... that does make sense.

- Steve

Billy
11-25-2003, 04:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HiPockets:</font><hr> There was a nice article about Jeremy Jones in the Houston Chronicle this past Sunday. Did anybody happen to read it? My question is why was it on the front page of the "feature" section and not the sports section? The sport not only suffers from an image problem but also suffers from "gender" bias. <hr /></blockquote>

that he is local and the event is long over with would be my guess as to why it's not in the sports section

maybe their sports department will now consider pool 'sports worthy' in the future

still a strong statement for Houston pool and of course JJ but the front page of any section of a major newspaper is super cool imo

Pelican
11-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Right on that Billy. Only way I could make front page is to become a serial killer.

pooltchr
11-26-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pelican:</font><hr> Only way I could make front page is to become a serial killer. <hr /></blockquote>

I drowned a box of corn flakes in a bowl of milk this morning. Does that qualify me??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
11-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Was it in self-defense?

pooltchr
11-26-2003, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Was it in self-defense? <hr /></blockquote>

No, it was in the dining room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif