PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Rich R.
11-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving

'TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING AND I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE

BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

I GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES . . ..
"HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE."

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP,
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N' GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS, MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE.
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

CarolNYC
11-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Rich!
Carol~thinking of Cathy, too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
You too Rich and send our love to Cathy.

Regards,

C.C.~~spike says hi. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
11-25-2003, 01:26 PM
And of course a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends on the CCB.

Kato~~~~thinking of many people.

Barbara
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
I'll be over at my folks' all day, so I'll say it now -

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Barbara

cheesemouse
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey Barbara,

I got two invites to Thanksgiving dinners one at noon and one at 4:00pm.....it is it cool to go to both?

Barbara
11-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey Cheese!

If you can handle it, go for it!!

Barbara~~~wearing "stretchy pants" Thursday...

cheesemouse
11-25-2003, 03:15 PM
stretch pants...good idea...I need a woman around here...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Very, very cool Cheese. Enjoy the chowing.

Kato

cueball1950
11-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey Rich, You and Kathy have a great day. I am celebrating mine on wednesday as 1 of my daughters can only get that day off. but it will be fun anyway...................mike

stickman
11-26-2003, 07:18 AM
May you be full of many thankful things to be thankful for, and full of turkey, pumpkin pie, and all the other good things. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Happy Thanksgiving Day

Jim

9 Ball Girl
11-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Have a happy to you and Kathy!

Wendy<---doesn't eat turkey...

Rich R.
11-26-2003, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Wendy&lt;---doesn't eat turkey... <hr /></blockquote>
That's Un-American!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-26-2003, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I'll be over at my folks' all day, so I'll say it now -

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Will there be a continuation of the pool battle of the siblings? (How did that go? <font color="red">"kick his butt Auntie Barbara" </font color> ) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We're headed to Pittsburgh. Kathy's nephew is an APA player. We're supposed to have a tournament at his place Friday and sample his home-made beer. Life is good.

Barbara
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Wally,

That only happens in the summer at the family reunion when my one brother comes in from CA.

This year, it's just me and Pete, my sister and her hubby, and my folks.

Barbara~~~have turkey and is traveling...

Wally_in_Cincy
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally,

That only happens in the summer at the family reunion when my one brother comes in from CA.

This year, it's just me and Pete, my sister and her hubby, and my folks.

Barbara~~~have turkey and is traveling... <hr /></blockquote>

Travel safely.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Anybody ever deep-fry a turkey? It's really good.

Wally~~deja vu is telling me I asked this same question last year /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cueless Joey
11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Anybody ever deep-fry a turkey? It's really good.

Wally~~deja vu is telling me I asked this same question last year /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
My brother in law does that.
It's gooodaah!
He spends like 40 bucks on oil for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
11-26-2003, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Anybody ever deep-fry a turkey? It's really good.

Wally~~deja vu is telling me I asked this same question last year /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,
Have you seen the TV insurance commercial about 2 million people deep-fat-fried there Thanksgiving turkeys last year and 'only 15' of them managed to burn their houses down....I have a sick sence of humor as it makes me laugh.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
11-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi Ya Cheese,

She's fibbing. That girl don't have a ounce of fat on her. Stretch pants? Naa

Happy Holiday my friend,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-26-2003, 12:59 PM
"Only" 15 LOL

keep the kids and the dogs away from the fryer

Rod
11-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Now I still need to catch that dam chicken! Poor mans Turkey. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
11-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Any of your local bars having evening pool events tomorrow? I know of two having a pool tourney and one having a 3ball tournament. $30/person for 10 rounds. Winner gets $200, 2nd $100. Good players. Score is usually right at 38-42 total. They usually have 2 or 3 tables doing this.

Barbara
11-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh excuuuuuse me!!! But somebody's pants are on fire!! And I hear a few plastic surgeons would have to give you an estimate by the foot on a nose job!

But hey, at least I'm not smoking anymore and that's what counts!

Barbara~~~oh yeah, lycra baby...

dg-in-centralpa
11-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! The turkey and pumpkin pie are in trouble.
http://www.abc-greetings.com/givingwish.shtml

DG - going off my diet for tomorrow

Fred Agnir
11-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Wife got the rolls done. I finished the pies. Turkey goes in at 9:00 AM. Crab Rangoon goes in the fryer at 12:00PM.

Fred

BTW, in case anyone cares, I got one of those "commercial style" deep fryer for home. It's stainless steel, has a little basket, and has about a 2 quart capacity. I dont' recommend it for wet batter. The Fry Daddy keeps it's position.

Ralph S.
11-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11-27-2003, 02:22 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
http://www.goveg.com/page/general/l2-turkslaughter.jpg

Tom_In_Cincy
11-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Don't forget to spend some time this weekend thanking your Pool hall owner too.

TomBrooklyn
11-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all CCB'ers. Drive safely. Watch out for drinkers and sleepy people.

JPB
11-27-2003, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Wendy&lt;---doesn't eat turkey... <hr /></blockquote>
That's Un-American!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Then I guess I am unpatriotic. Aside from the animal rights stuff with torture slaughter and inhumane breeding practices, aside from food safety issues where poultry is like eating a dirty toilet, aside from all that, turkey is just gross. If my grandfather came back from the dead and reopened his poultry store and hand picked a nice live turkey that could actually walk and breed and he slaughtered it humanely, dressed it right so it wasn't full of bacteria, had grandma cook it wonderfully, and put it on the table, it would still be disgusting dry nasty sh!t. Pass the liquor and apple pie please. Turkey is rancid. Thanksgiving the worst meal of the year. I take my Turkey in the wild liquid form from kentucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Happy Thanksgiving all.

cheesemouse
11-27-2003, 03:50 PM
JPB,

Burpppppppp...I just finished a great turkey meal with all the trimming.....I feel sorry for your phobia.....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
11-27-2003, 06:45 PM
....sweat pants... Corner Billiards shirt... couch... tryptophan-induced coma....

Ahhhhhhh......

Barbara~~~Zzzz... zzzz... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JPB
11-27-2003, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> JPB,

Burpppppppp...I just finished a great turkey meal with all the trimming.....I feel sorry for your phobia.....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No, it's not a phobia. I have eaten plenty of turkey. But it is still nasty. So I have earned my disgust w/ turkey after eating my share of the filthy bird. Not this year though. Much better thanksgiving dinner w/out the bird. I had to carve the thing for other people who didn't want to do it though. I did make sure to wash my hands after hacking it to bits to be sure, but there was no phobia about it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stickman
11-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Of course you could get your turkey fresh from the woods. (wild style) We have plenty of them, and I like the taste of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif