PDA

View Full Version : What is the best cue and why?

preacherman
04-17-2002, 09:05 AM
I have 4 cues. I like them all, but they all feel a little different (besides weight).

They are: McDermott, Viking, Mali, and Brunswick.

Please tell me what is unique about each one.

Also if you recommend and of these brands or any other brands (and why).

Kato
04-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey Preacherman, they are your cues, only you know the difference. You know that all cues hit diffrently even 2 that roll off the line one after the other.

I play with Predator and love it. Doesn't mean it's the best. The best cue in the world is the one you feel must comfortable with. Be it a Mali, Brunswick, or Rambo. Shoot with many cues and find what you like the best. I personally believe balance is about the most important part of the cue.

Kato

stickman
04-17-2002, 09:33 AM
I have a Viking that I like and play with occasionally. It is more of a backup stick. I prefer the custom cue I have. Both are 19 oz. The Viking's balance point is about 18 1/2" from the end of the butt, not including bumper. The custom's balance point is about 17" from the end of the butt. The only other difference is that the Viking has a 13mm shaft, and the custom is a 12mm. The best cue is the one that feels best to you, and plays well for you, as long as it's well made. I like the balance of my custom and the 12mm tip.

Cueless Joey
04-17-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm getting the best hitting cue in the world this week.
I could explain to you why this cue hits the best, the construction and all, but my cuemaker might kill me.

04-17-2002, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Hey Preacherman, they are your cues, only you know the difference. You know that all cues hit diffrently even 2 that roll off the line one after the other.

I play with Predator and love it. Doesn't mean it's the best. The best cue in the world is the one you feel must comfortable with. Be it a Mali, Brunswick, or Rambo. Shoot with many cues and find what you like the best. I personally believe balance is about the most important part of the cue.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

so kato... what's the balance point of your predator cue?

Kato
04-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Ouch, keep forgetting to check that. Bad Kato, bad Kato.

Kato~~~Oooopps.

04-17-2002, 11:46 AM

04-17-2002, 11:50 AM
I once had a Sceptre myself and it has been stolen from me. Can you tell me how to get in touch with them? I would love to buy another. Email at Cahtzi@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

04-17-2002, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Ouch, keep forgetting to check that. Bad Kato, bad Kato.

Kato~~~Oooopps. <hr></blockquote>

heheh /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif I'm going ot haunt you till you tell me /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
04-17-2002, 02:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cahtzi:</font><hr> I once had a Sceptre myself and it has been stolen from me. Can you tell me how to get in touch with them? I would love to buy another. Email at Cahtzi@yahoo.com

Thanks!! <hr></blockquote>.........
Must be the resin coated cues like the ones made by Bob of San Diego. Some cue company makes them as well, called Stilleto. Sorry, but I can't stand them.

04-17-2002, 03:46 PM
But a predator shaft for your favorite cue and check out the difference. You won't regret it.

04-17-2002, 03:49 PM
I have no opinion because I don't post on pool related issues.

Ken(Pool is way over my head,Prefer stupid meaningless drivel)

cheesemouse
04-17-2002, 07:03 PM
There maybe hope for you 'crackmup' /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-17-2002, 07:58 PM
IMO, there is no "best" cue. Cues (just like weights of cues, shaft thickness, shaft taper, tips, grips, joint types, ferrule types, balance points, etc.) are all a personal preference thing. What one very good player likes the other may not and visa versa.

Just look at some of the top pros for proof of this. Allison Fisher can play at the highest level and win with a Cuetec stock cue - with a Morri or Everest tip. Yes, she may play with it largely because she gets a handsome deal from Cuetec/J&amp;S Sales to do so, but it certainly hasn't been a detriment to her game - so it must hit (and deflect) consistently. This IMO is the only true requirement of a stick to be considered good. Same can be said of Johnny Archer and his new Scorpion line of cues from Cuestix that he's endorsing - very much like a Cuetec. He recently ran 11 consecutive racks in a tourney final using it.

Personally I've been playing with a Predator 314 shaft (on various makes of butts) for years. I imagine I'd have a tough transition (at least for a while) if switching to anything else - but that's just me. The fact that so many pro players who can't get an endorsement deal with a cue company choose to compete with a 314 shaft for nothing in return (other than possibly free cues or shafts) tells me that it must be a pretty consistent hitting cue. - Chris in NC

preacherman
04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Thanks for your answer. I'm still in the deciding mode.

Jim

Cueless Joey
04-17-2002, 10:04 PM
OK, I'll be honest. The best hitting cue in the world are made here in sunny California. Ed Pruitt and Keri Zyler make them. Good luck in getting one.

stickman
04-17-2002, 10:47 PM
You posted earlier that you posted many pool related threads. Let me tell you, it would be appreciated here. Sorry that you have hard feelings towards Rackmup, but most of us could care less. We try to all get along here. It seems that he has made an effort to not engage in controversy with you. Can you not drop it as well?

04-17-2002, 11:31 PM
that's probably good advice anon.

the war is over, he ain't gunna respond no more and the rest of us just would like you to give it up. register under some fairly clever name and join the pool discussion. i've seen my share of what both of you have written and i don't think anyone around here would pick a winner. you're obviously out there lurking and reading lotsa posts. we don't need to know who you were. new people show up every day.

think about it.

dan