PDA

View Full Version : Custom Break cue

Jay
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Hello everyone. I am looking for a custom break cue to add to my slowly growing collection and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some custom cuemakers that make a good break cue. I dont really want a jump/break combo but just pure break cue. Thanks

SPetty
11-26-2003, 12:04 PM
I recently ran the break contest at a local charity pool tournament. Now I know there's something to be said for technique, but the guy who won it every time was using a purpleheart break cue made by Michael Givens:

http://www.customq.com/

It was pretty as well as functional. Very functional. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi Jay,

There's a couple that come to mind for me. There's Andy Gilbert. He makes a great J/B cue. There's lil David Howards brother which goes by Mace. There's also the Sledgehammer. This cue breaks pretty good.

I would think about the cost myself. The break is strong in a 9ball game and although it's only one shot it carrys heavly. Most all of the cues I mentioned are in the $300. range but I still feel if you were to buy a straight Valley cue and have a joint put in it along with having the butt turned down to about 1 1/4", it would be just as good. Then again your collecting right?

Regards,

C.C.~~just an end user... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
I use a Bludworth and am very happy with it. Of course I get alot of comments from my friends about breaking with a Bludworth and playing with a Meucci.

Jay
11-26-2003, 03:19 PM
thanks for the info folks..... I was looking at Dz, Bludworth, Viatorre, Wayne and a few others. I also cant forget fellow ccb'er Blackheart but I dont want to barrage him with anymore of my emails or he will never have time to make any cues /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif keep the ideas coming.....

pooltchr
11-26-2003, 03:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I use a Bludworth and am very happy with it. Of course I get alot of comments from my friends about breaking with a Bludworth and playing with a Meucci. <hr /></blockquote>
With a combination like that, I would wonder why I could always make 3 on the snap, but never able to run 3 freaking balls! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Sorry Woody, I couldn't resist!)

woody_968
11-26-2003, 08:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I use a Bludworth and am very happy with it. Of course I get alot of comments from my friends about breaking with a Bludworth and playing with a Meucci. <hr /></blockquote>
With a combination like that, I would wonder why I could always make 3 on the snap, but never able to run 3 freaking balls! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Sorry Woody, I couldn't resist!) <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, no need to be sorry, I think Im gonna use that line next time Im playing bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sad thing is I will probably get to say it tomarow /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jay
11-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey has anyone heard anything about Showcase Billiards custom cues. I saw an add for their new break stick "The Buster" in the new billiards digest. I have never heard anything about Showcase billiards but there is a link for them in the AZbilliards cuemakers link page and their cues look pretty decent. I really dont know how I feel about a 14-16 oz break stick and thats what they say the weight ranges in but any opinions on this one?

Chris Cass
11-28-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi Jay,

I recommend a break cue that's one ounce lighter than your shooting cue. That's only my opinion though.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.