PDA

View Full Version : Cue Maintenence

nhp
11-27-2003, 08:50 AM
I have a technique I have been using to clean my cuestick that seems to work better than anything I have tried. What I do is I get a wet washcloth, place it on the ironing board, and I heat up the iron, and place it on the rag. I heat up the rag so that it is steaming. With a hotglove, I wipe down my shaft with the steaming rag. It's amazing how much dirt it picks up and how well it cleans the cue. Afterwards, I burnish the shaft with a dollar bill or some paper. I've been doing this for a while, and I haven't noticed any problems with my cue. One person recently told me that I can warp my cue doing this- is that true?
Also, I heard you can use Pledge to clean and polish your cue to keep it extra smooth, I was going to do this, but at the store I saw Pledge with wax and Pledge with no wax, which should I use?

Thanks,
Nate

c.holtz009
11-27-2003, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure about the Pledge thing, but a friend of mine uses a similar technique to remove dings on his cue. He wraps the dinged area with a damp towel, and then runs the hot iron over the dinged area. It pulls it right out. He's been doing this for a couple of years now, and his cue is still "arrow straight".

woody_968
11-27-2003, 09:52 AM
I had a friend that used pledge on his cue and loved it, I tried it and couldnt stand it. Made it feel sticky to me.

cheesemouse
11-27-2003, 11:12 AM
nhp,

I do something similar for deep cleaning and ding removal but I think it is easier than your method. I just wet a clean cotton towel and zap it in the microwave till it is steaming then rapidly clean the shaft while wearing an oven mit so my hand doesn't get to hot...I also have been doing this like once a month for two years without negetive results...some people think this is shaft heresy...so be it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BLACKHEART
11-27-2003, 04:49 PM
Every Q that comes through my shop gets wipped down with Pledge before I return it. I only wipe the painted parts though...JER