PDA

View Full Version : Pool table height

stickman
04-17-2002, 10:07 AM
What's the normal height of a pool table? I've glued a plastic bottle to a piece of board, to practice my stroke. I'm trying to find something in the house about the right height. Thanks

Cueless Joey
04-17-2002, 10:19 AM
29 to 31 inches from the floor. Just use your shaft to measure. If it's a little higher than the shaft, then it's ok.

Doctor_D
04-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Good afternoon:

If you visit the BCA WebSite, you will find all of the equipment specifications you are looking for.

Dr. D.

stickman
04-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the responses. The dining room table is just right. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif Now off to practice my stroke. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Cueless Joey
04-17-2002, 04:21 PM
This would qualify you as a pool nut. LOL
Don't just use ANY plastic water bottle, use Evian water bootle to shoot thru.

Cuemage
04-17-2002, 05:49 PM
I typically measure height by standing next to tables in tha poolroom (and they DO vary!) Then go home find something about tha same height. Right now it's tha back of tha couch where I practice my stroke (only when tha Mrs isn't watchin her taped soap opera...lol)

Tha Cuemage

stickman
04-18-2002, 12:54 AM
I don't get to the poolhall nearly as often as I'd like, and don't have a table at home right now. This will give me something constructive that I can do at home to improve my game. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
04-18-2002, 03:49 AM
Oh Thank You so much, wheww I though I was losing it. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one.

Regards,
C.C.~~strokes at work while on a dead game. LOL

04-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Try using a dresser with a mirror or the bathroom sink if it has a counter. It is much easier to see if your stick is moving in a straight line by watching the butt of the cue in the mirror. Any movement at the tip is magnified at the butt of the cue.