PDA

View Full Version : "Buyer's Mania"

Sid_Vicious
11-29-2003, 10:28 AM
I wondered what items for the cue case pocket you have quit using. In my pool career I've bought

gloves
tappers
scuffers
pics
shapers
roughers
joint protectors
McDermott smoothing film

All these are tossed around my home table or lost forever cuz I've decided they're not usefull for me, in fact I detest tip tools except for the initial tip install. I'd use the glove if I had a sweating hand issue, but luckily I don't.

Has anybody else collected "must have items" at the time and later learned that these things are nearly never used anymore? I'm not trying to stir up phylosophy issues about tip tools, just curious if you too have let yourself get a little caught up in the buyer's mania...sid

woody_968
11-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Sid, your list is pretty much what mine would be. Used a glove for a while but have gotten away from them. Tried several different tip tools, now just carry a tapper and rarely ever use it.

I guess my biggest purchase that I hardly ever use is my break cue LOL

mnb
11-29-2003, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>...in fact I detest tip tools except for the initial tip install.<hr /></blockquote>What tools do you use for the initial tip install?

Sid_Vicious
11-30-2003, 12:32 PM
I use the 3/4" PVC w/sandpaper sticky taped inside as a shaper that I built. I have another one which is shallow'r that I use on my break tip installs. A drill motor and my spinning attachment and I'm all set, except for my trimmer in the Willard that is...sid

JimS
11-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Drill motor and spinning attachment huh. I've been wondering what sort of set up I could jerry-rig. Care to "give it up" Sid? I'd appreciate any ideas you can feed into the mix.

Steve - Detroit
11-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Jim,
A long time poster named spiderman has posted many descriptions of the drill rig in the past. If you do a search on his name, I'm sure you'll find exactly what you are looking for.

SPetty
11-30-2003, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve - Detroit:</font><hr> If you do a search on his name...<hr /></blockquote>If that doesn't work, try searching for "crutch tip tool"...

Rod
11-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Jim,

If someone has a website I can send a photo of the tool. I made two of them just in case. Using that with a drill motor and a drimmel to trim works great. You do need a steady hand but it's not real difficult.

Rod

Chris Cass
11-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Oo Oo Oo,

I have one. Spiderman sent me one as a gift and I love using it. It doesn't do any damage to anything.

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
12-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Speaking of Spiderman. Any idea where Marty is these days. Don't remember seeing anything from him for a couple months.

Sid? Susan?

Kato?

Sid_Vicious
12-09-2003, 01:17 PM
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/SPetty+Predator+Talisman&amp;.dnm=Shaft+Tool+Oblique.j pg

Here's the link to Spiderman's crutch tool info...sid

SPetty
12-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Ah, here it is! I remember, Kato, you asking this question, but then I couldn't find it again. I don't know if Sid answered you via PM, but I just wanted to report to the board that I've seen Spiderman several times in the past few months now that league's started again. Our paths cross sometimes even if we're not in the same league - we play on the same night. He looks happy and healthy as far as I can tell. Same nice guy. I miss him here, too.

Kato
12-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Apparently things in Texas are based on "Need To Know" /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Naw, Sid told me 'ole Marty is not dead or injured and is only slightly disturbed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was worried that somebody took 'em outback of the barn and did some unmentionables with a bullwhip, cattleprod, and six shooter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Apparently none of those things have happened. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

JimS
12-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Got it and THANKS