PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: "Racking Secrets" by Joe Tucker (book)

mnb
11-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Please e-mail mnb765@gmx.net with description of book's condition and price. Thanks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Title: "Racking Secrets" by Joe Tucker
ISBN: 0966079426
Publisher: Merrimack Publishing, Inc.

CarolNYC
11-29-2003, 04:41 PM
Post deleted by CarolNYC

SPetty
11-29-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Joe'll tell ya that it's out of print and he has no more for sale.

I have it, but like the other poster, I don't loan it out. You're welcome to come over and read it, though. It's a small book. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Tell me SPetty, what was the valuable info you found in this book? I can establish that the 9-ball racks, when read right produce predictable pocketed balls many times, but I mostly always get the other guy re-racking after I study his rack anyways, so I merely break my standard break regardless. I didn't seem to get much else from the book though, maybe it's just me...sid

SPetty
11-30-2003, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Tell me SPetty, what was the valuable info you found in this book? I can establish that the 9-ball racks, when read right produce predictable pocketed balls many times, but I mostly always get the other guy re-racking after I study his rack anyways, so I merely break my standard break regardless. I didn't seem to get much else from the book though<hr /></blockquote>Hi Sid,

Your second sentence just about covers it. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said: "when read right produce predictable pocketed balls many times". As you've pointed out before, one of the most important things in nine ball is to make a ball on the break - not a super hard power break. So if you can read the rack and see there's a high probability that a ball will fall, why would you ask for a rerack? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

On more than one occasion, after examining the rack, I've been able to actually call the wing ball in the corner pocket. I'd think that's a time you'd find cracks in the rack and you wouldn't want a rerack. Also, with some success, I've adjusted where I break from based on where the cracks in the rack are.

Maybe you'd be willing to part with your book and help out our new poster, mnb? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
12-01-2003, 08:53 AM
http://www.roadplayer.com/JTProRackBook.asp
Hey,
Found this website-just go under racking secrets by Joe Tucker and search if the website doesnt come out !
Uh-oh,
I may need Jim again,ha ha ha
Carol~good luck

mnb
12-01-2003, 04:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> http://www.roadplayer.com/JTProRackBook.asp
Hey,
Found this website-just go under racking secrets by Joe Tucker and search if the website doesnt come out !<hr /></blockquote>Everywhere I've checked on the web, including there, seems to be out-of-print/out-of-stock, so I'm hoping to find an "alternate" source to get it from. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Tell me SPetty, what was the valuable info you found in this book? I can establish that the 9-ball racks, when read right produce predictable pocketed balls many times, but I mostly always get the other guy re-racking after I study his rack anyways, so I merely break my standard break regardless. I didn't seem to get much else from the book though, maybe it's just me...sid<hr /></blockquote>Sid, if you don't want yours, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
12-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Did Joe do the print run himself or a publisher? Would it be against the law to photocopy every page and send it out in a pamphlet if someone wanted it ad enough..and charge more?

Barbara
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
That would be a copyright violation.

Plus, it screws Joe out of his royalties.

PM Joe and tell him how much this book is wanted and maybe he'll consider another printing. It's a fantastic book and I won't part with mine unless you send me a $500 cashiers check. When I get the book back, you get your check back.

Barbara~~~has the original as well as the revised edition!

UWPoolGod
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I was saying to send Joe the money directly and he could copy it...and screw out the publisher LOL. Noone would have to know about it HEHE.

Barbara
12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Todd,

You'd have to discuss that with Joe. He's on this board under the name Joe T.

Great guy, player, and instructor. He taught me how to flip that white rock like a Filipino. I just lost faith in myself when I stopped practicing.

Barbara~~~gotta start practicing again...

Kato
12-01-2003, 10:58 PM
I'd have to agree with you there Barbara. Though I've had very little if any interaction with Mr. Tucker I did a post a while back on my problems back cutting into a blind pocket. Joe took the time to PM me in very detailed description about how to solve my problems. I'll always appreciate that.

Kato

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
JT Pro Products Order Form
RoadPlayer.com

Delivery:

Name ___________________________

Address ___________________________

City ___________________________

State _____________ Zip _______

Product Quantity Price Total

Racking Secrets ________ _______ _______

Guaranteed Improvement ________ _______ _______

Ron Alarie's Lifetime Tip Tool ________ _______ _______

Straight Pool League Kit ________ $149.95 _______

Shipping + Handling _______

Order Total _______

Shipping + Handling

Orders less than $20, include $3 for shipping and handling
Orders $20 - $150, include $5 for shipping and handling
Orders over $150, include $10 for shipping and handling

Send check or money order for total to:

JT Pro Products
c/o RoadPlayer.com Sales
1 Villa Drive
North Providence, RI 02911

JT Pro Products
c/o RoadPlayer.com Sales
1 Villa Drive
North Providence, RI 02911
The book is 11.95 plus the shipping!(3.00)
Hope it helps!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifCarol

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Listen,
I feel really bad that you want this book-I know I have it-just have to find it-I also have the guaranteed improvement one-if the order form doesnt work, just pm me your address-I'll send you mine cause if I dont know what the hell Im doing with a rack by now, Im in big trouble-along with your address ,I'll need a copy of your drivers license and title to your car,ha ha ha(only kidding)
I wish you luck!
Carol~of course it'll be sent COD ha ha ha-nah! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dmgwalsh
12-02-2003, 04:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mnb:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> http://www.roadplayer.com/JTProRackBook.asp
Hey,
Found this website-just go under racking secrets by Joe Tucker and search if the website doesnt come out !<hr /></blockquote>Everywhere I've checked on the web, including there, seems to be out-of-print/out-of-stock, so I'm hoping to find an "alternate" source to get it from. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Tell me SPetty, what was the valuable info you found in this book? I can establish that the 9-ball racks, when read right produce predictable pocketed balls many times, but I mostly always get the other guy re-racking after I study his rack anyways, so I merely break my standard break regardless. I didn't seem to get much else from the book though, maybe it's just me...sid<hr /></blockquote>Sid, if you don't want yours, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

When you go to his website, it says you can't order off the net. It then directs you to another website where he's the house pro. I called there last week but he wasn't in. They suggested i call back in the evening when he's running tournaments. Maybe you could try getting a hold of him that way. Dennis

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Hi there,
I was in that website this morning-went under ordering, then went to
click here" to order and up came that info order I copied and pasted-now, I tried it again and it did exactly what you said! I must have a weird computer-listen, awhile ago a mass email went out to players with his new email-so I would suggest,just email him:
JTProProducts@roadplayer.com
Im sure he'll open it when he gets a chance-once again-good luck!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 06:11 AM
I found the book-try reaching Joe-if theres any problems, which I dont think there will be, just pm me!
Carol~knows the book by heart!:):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Terry
12-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Hi Carol, this is the e-mail address that was sent to me from Joe in early November joetuckeraiming@yahoo.com
. Terry

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks Terry,
He must have changed it AGAIN!
Take care!
Carol:)

dmgwalsh
12-03-2003, 04:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I found the book-try reaching Joe-if theres any problems, which I dont think there will be, just pm me!
Carol~knows the book by heart!:):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I emailed him and he replied: "Sorry Dennis I don't have any and don't know of any for sale. Did you want it for knowledge or collecting?
Joe T "
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SPetty
12-03-2003, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> I emailed him and he replied: "Sorry Dennis I don't have any and don't know of any for sale. Did you want it for knowledge or collecting?
Joe T "<hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>I'm pretty sure Joe'll tell ya that it's out of print and he has no more for sale.<hr /></blockquote>Why doesn't anyone ever believe me? It's not like I lie all the time!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anonamus
12-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Will he sell an electronic copy or a copy printed off his computer?

dmgwalsh
12-03-2003, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Anonamus:</font><hr> Will he sell an electronic copy or a copy printed off his computer? <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know.

dmgwalsh
12-03-2003, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> I emailed him and he replied: "Sorry Dennis I don't have any and don't know of any for sale. Did you want it for knowledge or collecting?
Joe T "<hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>I'm pretty sure Joe'll tell ya that it's out of print and he has no more for sale.<hr /></blockquote>Why doesn't anyone ever believe me? It's not like I lie all the time!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

There was conflicting info on the board, so I decided to check it out myself.

cycopath
12-03-2003, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr>I emailed him and he replied: "Sorry Dennis I don't have any and don't know of any for sale. Did you want it for knowledge or collecting?
Joe T "
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe he's willing to print out copies and that's why he wanted to know if it was for knowledge or collectability reasons. I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a ran-off copy of the book. If there were enough folks willing, maybe he'd consider doing that.

dmgwalsh
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
that's what I kind of figured, too. i was gonna let him get back to me. I'll follow up. Dennis

Barbara
12-03-2003, 07:30 PM
The book is totally out of stock. There is not a copy to be had unless you find one on ebay or whatever.

I've talked with Joe about doing a reprint and he replied it wasn't going to happen for this year.

Who knows? He may have more pertinent material for another edition! He's kinda like the Blue Book Of Cues, his stuff just only gets more detailed and better!

Barbara

Ralph S.
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I would be seriously interested in a copy myself.

Barbara
12-03-2003, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I would be seriously interested in a copy myself. <hr /></blockquote>

And I'll start the bidding at $200...

LOL!! No way! Joe signed the book for me himself!!!

Barbara

Ken
12-03-2003, 09:32 PM
I will part with my signed copy for only $175.
KenCT

dmgwalsh
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Apparently the info can be obtained and Joe get's the Royalties. See the following:

Hi Dennis,

No, Racking Secrets is out of print although I have a goal to bring it back sometime next year. What we have been doing for folks is making them a copy of the last one we have. We charge you the same, and if it comes back, we'll send you a copy and make sure the author gets paid royalties on it.

If you want a copy, just order on the web site and note in the comment section that you understand you'll be recieving a copy. http://www.bebobpublishing.com/order1.htm

Thanks, Bebob

JimS
12-04-2003, 04:45 PM
That would be Bob Hemming (I think) and he's an honest man. If he says Joe will get $$$ then he will.

Barbara
12-04-2003, 05:12 PM
This is great!! And Joe deserves every cent of the royalties for spending waaaaaaaay too much time in the pool hall studying racks after racks after racks!!

But then again, that's what he does for the betterment of pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And us!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~woohoo!!

dmgwalsh
12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
just got my confirmation:
Hi Dennis,

We confirm your order for Science of Pocket Billiards and a copy o Racking Secrets. Your total with shipping was $46.90.

Thanks for the order and good luck and good shootin'! Bebob

Dennis

Barbara
12-04-2003, 06:57 PM
And you should be getting another little Joe Tucker jewel in the mail any time now....

Barbara

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 03:51 AM
After all this, where is this poster mnb?
Carol~some people!:(

dmgwalsh
12-05-2003, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> And you should be getting another little Joe Tucker jewel in the mail any time now....

Barbara <hr /></blockquote> I received it yesterday and tried a few already.Very nice and thank you very much. Dennis

SPetty
12-05-2003, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> Apparently the info can be obtained and Joe get's the Royalties. <hr /></blockquote>WooHoo! That is great and wonderful news. I'm glad you went to all the trouble to follow up and make it happen. Please let us know what you think of the information after you have a chance to read it and use it a little.

dmgwalsh
12-05-2003, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> [ Please let us know what you think of the information after you have a chance to read it and use it a little. <hr /></blockquote>

Will do. Dennis

Rod
12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Thats what happens Carol, they ask but don't come back and say thanks. In this case he left and email addy so I wouldnt't have bothered with a reply. Posting an email addy is a complete waste of what forums are about.

Rod

CarolNYC
12-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey there Rod,
Well, I think thats pretty shallow in my book,especially with all the help this person was receiving-my goodness, I was willing to GIVE him my book (or lend for awhile,at least) but fuggehabouddit now:):):)-
There were 3 things I learned growing up"
Respect others, always tell the truth and NEVER LOSE your word!Sometimes your word is all you have,ya know-ha ha ha-I bought my daughter a brand new car for 100 bucks and my word ha ha ha!
Have a wonderful day Rod!
Carol~thinks everyone here did a magnificent effort to help this guy!:):):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mnb
12-08-2003, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> After all this, where is this poster mnb?<hr /></blockquote>Thanks to all for their help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had forgotten my password and was unable to log-in, but fortunately a kind-hearted person e-mailed me who was willing to sell their copy at a reasonable price. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But I do hope the book does go back into print since I'm sure many others would like a copy too. I only wish I had known about this book sooner -- it is truly one of a kind with very useful information.

CarolNYC
12-09-2003, 03:57 AM
I apologize MNB,
Glad to see you got things straightened out-way to go! I personnally never met Joe Tucker, but a friend of mine,named Liz Bernier, use to stay with me and knew him and thats how I received all of Joes books-like I said, "I would have sent you mine"
Glad you got it and we have a helluva group of people willing to help on this board,as you can see!
Have a nice holiday!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif