PDA

View Full Version : balls

dmgwalsh
11-30-2003, 05:02 PM
I received bottom of the line crown balls from aramith with my used Brunswick table. Would I notice a difference if I were to use Centennial or Super Pro Aramith? What would the difference be? Thanks.

Chris Cass
11-30-2003, 05:16 PM
To tell the truth? Nothing in this sport is consistant. Either were playing on GC's or Diamonds, Red circle, Arimith, Champion or 860. You name it. I just wished we play on one table with one cb, but that's just me.

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
I would like to think my Centennial set is better.
I know on my set, you can't feel the numbers with your fingers.

Harold Acosta
11-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Centennials would go perfectly with your table...

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Scott Lee
12-01-2003, 04:40 AM
Dennis...In a word, no! The production standards for Saluc (which produces most of the pool, billiard and snooker balls) are so high, there would not a significant difference between your set and the Super Pros or Cetennials...at least not to where you would be able to tell a significant difference. The better quality balls are nicer looking, but they are all round, and smooth. Would I play rather play with top-end balls? Sure. But are they necessary to become a better player? No, imo! There are a lot of junk pool balls out there, but I wouldn't think, for the average player, you'd be able to tell a difference in the playability...especially with Aramith balls. For the record, I own sets of both Super Pro Aramith, and Centennial balls. I can't tell a difference between them...but I can tell a difference with non-Saluc balls, which are made cheaply, and look it.

Scott

Fred Agnir
12-01-2003, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> I received bottom of the line crown balls from aramith with my used Brunswick table. Would I notice a difference if I were to use Centennial or Super Pro Aramith? What would the difference be? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>Hopefully, the box of balls say "Aramith" or "Saluc." If it didn't, they aren't. And that would be bad.

Fred

dmgwalsh
12-01-2003, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> I received bottom of the line crown balls from aramith with my used Brunswick table. Would I notice a difference if I were to use Centennial or Super Pro Aramith? What would the difference be? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>Hopefully, the box of balls say "Aramith" or "Saluc." If it didn't, they aren't. And that would be bad.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

The box says Aramith. They look like the crown model. I've got some older and some junkier balls that i don't use. dennis

dmgwalsh
12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Dennis...In a word, no! The production standards for Saluc (which produces most of the pool, billiard and snooker balls) are so high, there would not a significant difference between your set and the Super Pros or Cetennials...at least not to where you would be able to tell a significant difference. The better quality balls are nicer looking, but they are all round, and smooth. Would I play rather play with top-end balls? Sure. But are they necessary to become a better player? No, imo! There are a lot of junk pool balls out there, but I wouldn't think, for the average player, you'd be able to tell a difference in the playability...especially with Aramith balls. For the record, I own sets of both Super Pro Aramith, and Centennial balls. I can't tell a difference between them...but I can tell a difference with non-Saluc balls, which are made cheaply, and look it.

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Scott- thanks for the input. I was browsing online, saw discussion re centennial and super pro and went down to the basement to get mine to see what they were. They seem fie to me. Dennis

tateuts
12-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Dennis,

I have a set of Aramith premiums which replaced my original Aramith set. They're nicer looking because of the super polish job but they play about the same.

The only thing I would suggest is looking for a premium Aramith cue ball - preferable the red logo (but the blue logo one is good too). They don't seem to mark up as easily and they're only about $20 - so what the hell - then everyone will think you have a set of super pro's anyway!

Chris

dmgwalsh
12-01-2003, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Dennis,

I have a set of Aramith premiums which replaced my original Aramith set. They're nicer looking because of the super polish job but they play about the same.

The only thing I would suggest is looking for a premium Aramith cue ball - preferable the red logo (but the blue logo one is good too). They don't seem to mark up as easily and they're only about $20 - so what the hell - then everyone will think you have a set of super pro's anyway!

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the info. I already got the red dot aramith ball. When it's time to replace my set, I'll probably upgrade, but i think they're ok 'til then. Dennis