PDA

View Full Version : NICE RACK!!!

Fleece3
11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
OK first of all. This is NOT spam. I have NO interest in this item. But I wish I had thought of it. When I saw it I thought "OF COURSE". That a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3642259076&category=21 210

Is there a downside?

woody_968
11-30-2003, 07:59 PM
A company made racks like this a while back, but cant remember who it was. Seems like the made one shaped for nine ball too. I never used any of them so I cant say if they were good or bad.

smfsrca
12-01-2003, 01:17 AM
How do you remove the rack without disturbing the balls?

Popcorn
12-01-2003, 02:22 AM
You are right. The idea is not new, I think it was made by McDermott originally, I could be wrong. Either way, I played with one, a 9-ball version and you would disturb the rack trying to remove it about 50 % of the time and have to re-rack.

JimS
12-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Well..let's see...OH!...I KNOW...the first time you used it and got the balls exactly where you wanted them you could "pound" on the top of them and make little dimples (craters) so that the next time they'd stay there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
12-01-2003, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> OK first of all. This is NOT spam. I have NO interest in this item. But I wish I had thought of it. When I saw it I thought "OF COURSE". That a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3642259076&amp;category=21 210

Is there a downside?

<hr /></blockquote>Yeah. You actually have to rack the balls before you can put the rack on them. You can't put all the balls in from the top.

Fred

Rod
12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I have to believe it's not a good investment. I bought one for 9 ball years ago. Yes I know it was a dumb move. Very difficult to pull the rack off and leave a tight rack. If the balls are a little dirty it is even worst as the balls want to stick to the rack. Sounds good on paper but-----------

SPetty
12-01-2003, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>I bought one for 9 ball years ago. Very difficult to pull the rack off and leave a tight rack.<hr /></blockquote>I can't believe it's that hard to lift straight up... So, when's it going up on eBay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy
12-01-2003, 03:25 PM
I too have used this type rack, although I admit it was years ago. My memory is that the wood was quite thin and difficult to lift do to the taper. Also, it was hard to see where the 1-ball was in respect to the spot.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>I bought one for 9 ball years ago. Very difficult to pull the rack off and leave a tight rack.<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I can't believe it's that hard to lift straight up... So, when's it going up on eBay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rod
12-01-2003, 03:31 PM
I gave it away, that along with all of the worthless chalk holders! Hey not to mention chalk cones and their holders! You know sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle.

~~~ rod, sometimes we just buy dumb things, and sometimes were given dumb things /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif