PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Xmas for pool ?????

cueball1950
12-02-2003, 12:29 AM
For pool I would like to see a unified organization for ALL pro players with an industry backer. Maybe Brunswick, which in my opinion has lost its zest for our industry, or maybe Diamond Billiard products. Someone, anyone who has the money and brains to pull it off. I see how big our industry is in other countries with national exposure, like the recent tournament in the Phillipines, it was broadcast on national tv for free. This national sport of ours needs national exposure and a backer without any ties to any pros or anyone else. So that their loyalty will lie within only themselves. I sadly feel that without this type of exposure our sport is destined to sit at the bottom of the barrel and never rise to the top. The only tv exposure we get is taped from ESPN and that is mainly just the WPBA and it is not enough for it to survive. Maybe someplace like fox Sports.net or someone could come and help out. Look at the Mens pro Bowling Tour. Some millionaires stepped up , made some changes and it is coming back somewhat. or atleast it is better than it was. So what are your ideas for survival and what would you wish for our sport for Xmas........mike

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Nothing at all Mike,
Just for God to take care of everyone and their families!
Have a nice holiday!
Carol~misses Mike!:(

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 05:02 AM
Ummmmm, maybe my 'BLACKHEART?" hint hint ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mickey2
12-02-2003, 05:46 AM
I would like to run 50 in 14/1.
My personal goal for this year was to run 40, I did it in March and since then my goal is 50.

Brent
12-02-2003, 06:35 AM
My goal is to come in top 3 in the Estonian 9-ball Championships. I came 3rd in Straight Pool a few weeks back.

#### leonard
12-02-2003, 06:48 AM
Mickey here is how to attain your goal get a 14.1 tape of a player that resembles your body type. Play the tape and mentally copy his stroke on every shot. Play it over and over till you have assumed his stroke. Soon you'll be talking 100 ball runs. Remember your mind can't tell the difference between imagined and reality.####

Wally_in_Cincy
12-02-2003, 08:22 AM
I would like to see some new faces of the WPBA on tv.

I would like to see pool on tv at the same time each week. I think that would improve ratings.

MarkUrsel
12-02-2003, 08:48 AM
I'd like to finally win a Tristate Tour event. I've finished 3rd, 4th, 5th - but never 1st. I'd like to verify that the feeling I have - that I've learned more and am translating that into playing better - is more than a feeling and is real.

Doctor_D
12-02-2003, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I would like to see some new faces of the WPBA on tv.

I would like to see pool on tv at the same time each week. I think that would improve ratings. <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

I would like to see the WPBA move up to a 96 player field and hold the US Women's Open as a true open event.

Dr. D.

Kato
12-02-2003, 09:00 AM
I'd like to do and see a few things.

First I'd like my game to mature instead of being such a spaz.

Second I'd like for the men to "figure it out" one way or the other.

Third I'd like all my CCB friends in cold areas to come visit me this winter when it's 70 degrees outside and no clouds.................sort of like right now!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Fred Agnir
12-02-2003, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Third I'd like all my CCB friends in cold areas to come visit me this winter when it's 70 degrees outside and no clouds.................sort of like right now!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>How far are you from Kissimmee?

Fred &lt;~~~ 21 and dropping

Fred Agnir
12-02-2003, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>
So what are your ideas for survival and what would you wish for our sport for Xmas........mike <hr /></blockquote>For every amateur league to play by the same rulez.

Fred

Kato
12-02-2003, 09:57 AM
2 hours Fred.

Kato~~~Kissimmee is where one stays when one goes to see THE MOUSE!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

daviddjmp
12-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I want my Capone custom. I ordered it in September Mike said it would be done end of October. He is in the process of moving, but he called and told me he just had to do the finish and the shafts. Can't wait, hope it is here for Christmas-

Eric.
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
How about Diamond tables becoming the standard in tournament play? (Both the 7' and 9' barboxes)

Eric

Voodoo Daddy
12-02-2003, 02:58 PM
I want ERIC'S two front teeth...there nicer than mine are, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

CarolNYC
12-02-2003, 03:13 PM
I thought of one:
How about the game of 9-ball being changed to:
Call every shot,carom and the 9-ball!
Humph, that would sure cut the luck factor out bigtime! ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
12-02-2003, 04:36 PM
You're giving me a major headache, Girl!!!

Barbara~~~feels the need to make Carol co-Tournament Director and Referee

JimS
12-02-2003, 10:10 PM
All that you said and add a ball. 10 Ball would be my choice.

CarolNYC
12-03-2003, 02:21 AM
You got it ,Jim,
How strong would that be!
You stay very well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-03-2003, 02:24 AM
Hey Barb,
The LAST thing I'd want to do is give you a headache-and about that tour thing-you never know what the future brings!
love ya,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif-Oh, I would like to be the shotclock person,ha ha ha ha

mickey2
12-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Sounds like a good idea, thank you for the advice!!

Since my VCR is not compatible with NTSC I do not have many choices.

Are the accu stats DVDs worth the money?
Did anyone try the DVDs of http://www.worldpool.com ?

#### leonard
12-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Kato I like Lake Placid in the winter after zero the cold becomes bearable. You can keep Florida.####

#### leonard
12-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Mickey here is how I learned to play great pool. My next door neighbor was Joe Canton 1951 National 14.1 Champion. He opened a poolroom in Troy,Ny around 1957/8. We would play every night after my work. He would run 100 + miss I would run 10 miss and he would run 100 + I would run 10 miss. I was getting plenty of practice racking balls but no shooting time.

Then I started to mentally copy his stroke on every shot. Mentally stroking his every shot. WA LLa then I started running 100s and he was racking a role he didn't like.

I have posted this concept before but it always needs to be brought up for the newcomers. It is a term I call HITCHHIKING. Never watch tournament pool without putting yourself in one of the players shoes. When you can fell the pressure of the tourney you have opened the door to the mental side of pool.####

stickman
12-03-2003, 08:41 AM
I'd like a new repair cue lathe, and of course world peace. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
12-03-2003, 09:08 AM
How about a calender with all the CCB girls on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bet that would sell!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

SPetty
12-03-2003, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr>...after zero the cold becomes bearable. <hr /></blockquote>Wow! No way I could handle that! It got almost to freezing overnight here in TX a few weeks ago. Supposed to freeze here on Saturday night. Brrr! I'm ready for winter to be over! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
12-03-2003, 12:48 PM
I was on my way to Denver when I stopped in Castle Rock. The radio station said it was -45 degrees. I'd never been in temperature that cold. I got out of the car and it was dead calm. I could hear the crispness in the air-weird. Although it was suppose to be cold it didn't feel very cold, mostly I'm sure because it was calm and quiet.

Temperatures in Colo frequently reach the teens but it really isn't very cold if the wind isn't blowing. I only wore a light jacket most of the time. 40's in Phx now feels cold but then just a month ago it was over 100.

Rod
12-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Something simple, a few new WB tips would do.

cycopath
12-03-2003, 01:31 PM
How 'bout the 7 out and the breaks? That would be a helluva present.

Ralph S.
12-03-2003, 07:41 PM
I like that concept####. It seems very unique and something many of probably dont do.

Barbara
12-03-2003, 07:47 PM
I still want a pony, but now it's been graduated to a horse since I'm "grown up".

But I do think a certain custom cue case maker is going to get a sit-down with me during Valley Forge.

I deserve a case as pretty as my cue!

Barbara~~~wait a sec - is that possible????

Karatemom
12-03-2003, 09:12 PM
This might sound a little lame, but we'll see what "Santa" ends up bringing me, LOL.

A few pool desk accessories would be neat for my new desk, plus the big one is a 2 x 4 case. I'll just have to make sure that "Santa" goes through the latest Mueller catalog, LOL.

Heide

JimS
12-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Re: the dvd's from Worldpool.com...Read the review by George in BD. Not Pretty!

Chris Cass
12-03-2003, 10:09 PM
I personally will call him up and beg him for ya. Hoping he'll cut the price some. It's the only case that I think would be good enough to hold such a work of art. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Although, I've never seen your cue it sounds very nice. w/joint protectors that match to boot.

Regards,

C.C.~~too skinny to be Santa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-04-2003, 05:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I personally will call him up and beg him for ya. Hoping he'll cut the price some. It's the only case that I think would be good enough to hold such a work of art. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Although, I've never seen your cue it sounds very nice. w/joint protectors that match to boot.

Regards,

C.C.~~too skinny to be Santa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know what case your discussing, although I could guess /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. However, I do know, for a fact, Barbara's cue is drop dead gorgeous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif JMHO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
12-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Two things:

What carol said tap tap to that.
Continued improvement in pool.

Laura

#### leonard
12-04-2003, 07:17 AM
I was overnight there and the temp + windchill it was 100- beow zero. If you ever saw a Dorthy Hamil Special where she skates on a Lake near Lake Placid that is where the Windchill is its fiercest. ####

BCn
12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see pool on tv at the same time each week. I think that would improve ratings. <hr /></blockquote>
For those of you that think ESPN is the only source for pool on TV, obviously you haven't paid attention.

Pool IS on the same time EVERY week and has been for the past 23 weeks and will continue to be on the SAME TIME each week for the next 55 weeks. It's called BCtv! (http://www.billiardclub.net) and now it's going to be online 24/7 for FREE.

What more do we have to do to get you to take notice?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-04-2003, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BCn:</font><hr>
For those of you that think ESPN is the only source for pool on TV, obviously you haven't paid attention.

Pool IS on the same time EVERY week and has been for the past 23 weeks and will continue to be on the SAME TIME each week for the next 55 weeks. It's called BCtv! (http://www.billiardclub.net) and now it's going to be online 24/7 for FREE.

What more do we have to do to get you to take notice? <hr /></blockquote>

Buy me a high-speed internet connection /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm going to subscribe to Fox Sports Atlantic. You have pool on there weekly, correct?

CarolNYC
12-04-2003, 02:21 PM
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/newtnjstate/ce060_Carol_Clark.jpg
Okay "Q"
I'll start,ha ha ha-as a matter of fact, the WPBA is coming out with a calendar fo players-Im not sure when, but it was under the news release on their website-also, billiards digest is doing a 12 days of Xmas type of thing-Megan Minerich was on front cover and it came out really nice-
In the limo to the airport in Oregon, we were fussing with Sarah (Ellerby) because we were calling her the "duck" when in reality, she will be the "goose" too funny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

runout1961
12-04-2003, 04:02 PM
I would like for our great Lord to bless all of the American troops overseas who will not be with their families for the holidays. Including myself there are over 40,000 troops in this area alone who will not be with their beloved families, not mention other overseas bases and our troops in Iraq and throughout the rest of the world.
A1C John J Ehle
Firefighter, USAF

snook
12-04-2003, 04:48 PM
i would like to NOT see 2001 trick shot magic ever again!

Barbara
12-04-2003, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
C.C.~~too skinny to be Santa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe, but your heart's the right size!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for my cue - two words - Simply elegant and Elegantly simple!

Barbara~~~would love to see CC in a Santa suit!!

Chris Cass
12-04-2003, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Maybe, but your heart's the right size!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for my cue - two words - Simply elegant and Elegantly simple!

Barbara~~~would love to see CC in a Santa suit!! <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA That's 4 words. I would post a picture of me with my shirt off but it might be mistaken for the map of the United States. LOL Besides, I'm too shy for that kinda thing.

Thank you for saying such nice words. Your heart is bigger than Texas. Is Texas a country? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~agent 99 is tops...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah Rich, YOU should talk! You've got a sweet hitting pretty cue yourself!! No doubt about that Cuemaker!! None at all!!

Barbara~~okay, I've seen his and he's seen mine... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-04-2003, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I personally will call him up and beg him for ya. Hoping he'll cut the price some. It's the only case that I think would be good enough to hold such a work of art. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Although, I've never seen your cue it sounds very nice. w/joint protectors that match to boot.

Regards,

I don't know what case your discussing, although I could guess /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. However, I do know, for a fact, Barbara's cue is drop dead gorgeous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif JMHO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

One word Rich, JJustis.

He does some beautiful work. Sorry to be so secretive. He stopped me at the Midwest Expo and show'd me a picture of mine. I felt bad for him. He's actually afraid to post again. Seems that the board has a mean streak now and then. Too bad, we lost a lot of good people already. Even RandyG only posts once in awhile. This is self destructive as far as I can see. It's got to end though. These are cuemakers, craftsman and instructors that can be future sponsors. RandyG and Scott Lee have both donated lessons either at a discounted rate or free to some and people make it out to be dishonorable. Like they need someone to prove their abilities. That's sponsorship. One thing I know. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Regards,

C.C.~~send my love to Cathy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW Rich, you cue is sharp too.

Chris Cass
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It got almost to freezing overnight here in TX a few weeks ago. Supposed to freeze here on Saturday night. Brrr! I'm ready for winter to be over! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I say we all move in with Kato and Voodoo for the winter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
12-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey Spetty, here in Indiana, when it gets down around the mid 30's, it is still considered t-shirt weather. It really aint bad, just gotta be used to it I geuss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 03:15 AM
Hey there,
Im sorry but I do not know what "2001 trick shot magic" is!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 03:55 AM
John,
You take care of yourself out there-I couldnt imagine,but whenever you feel like writing,carry on!:)God Bless you and you stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-05-2003, 04:31 AM
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/midatlantic/P1250016.jpg
Okay Q,
Being a woman, I'd like a calendar of the men! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

Rich R.
12-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Hey Chris, J.J. is the man and one of his cases would be a fitting home for Barbara's cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IIRC, Barbara did not see the cue, of mine, that you saw. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Barbara, if your following this, I took delivery of a new cue, a short while after "I showed you mine, and you showed me yours." We'll have to catch up, the next time we meet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris, BTW, your cue is not too shabby either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I just love looking at all the cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif