PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Arnold...

eg8r
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
At least the illegal immigrants will not be driving legally in CA.

Here is the article (http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/02/california.license/index.html) .

eg8r

nhp
12-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Here is a funny view about the whole illegal immigrant situation

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=walmart

Cueless Joey
12-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Thank God Arnold has the guts to be not politically correct.

eg8r
12-03-2003, 11:44 AM
I disagree with the guy, simply because I feel he would have a different opinion if he was told he lost his job because they found an illegal immigrant to take his place. One of the points that he kept trying to make was that Americans are upset because they immigrants are doing a "better" job for less pay and somehow thought of this as a competition. There was no mention about the quality of the work, just the pay.

I believe the real issue is why the government isn't doing anything to Walmart for hiring illegal immigrants. Sure, since the guys did the work, pay them. Right after they cash the check take their money from them and show them the bus. Let the illegal immigrant know, that all his hard work was not for nothing. Nope, he worked that week to pay for his bus ticket to send him back across the border. With all the money from a bus load of illegal immigrants, they can fill the tank, and take the rest of the money and put it towards unemployment. Let the illegals pay for those without a job.

eg8r

nhp
12-03-2003, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with the guy, simply because I feel he would have a different opinion if he was told he lost his job because they found an illegal immigrant to take his place. <hr /></blockquote>

That doesn't happen in California, does it happen where you live? What he is saying is that people who can't find a job blame it on illegal immigrants. People who live here already have an opportunity to educate themselves, to go out and find better jobs, instead, they choose to sit on their fat asses and blame immigrants for taking jobs from them, when in fact, illegal immigrants mainly do jobs that most people won't do, because it is very hard work for little money (construction hand, gardening, etc.)

Qtec
12-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Walmart is the tip of the iceberg. Think how many are working illegaly[ cash in hand] and not paying any taxes.
Its unfair competition against the American worker because he cannot work for the same money .A $1000 in Mexico is worth more than it is in LA.
Illegal imigrant workers are only good for the employers,not the American worker.

Q

Cueless Joey
12-03-2003, 11:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Walmart is the tip of the iceberg. Think how many are working illegaly[ cash in hand] and not paying any taxes.
Its unfair competition against the American worker because he cannot work for the same money .A $1000 in Mexico is worth more than it is in LA.
Illegal imigrant workers are only good for the employers,not the American worker.

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Actually, illegal immigrants are good for the economy.
They keep grocery and food prices down.
The problem is NOW there are way too many of them.
In fact, they themselves are killing each other in the labor market. You do by Home Depot here, there are gazillions of them waiting for a day's work.
It used to be that, only a few hang out there.

nhp
12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Walmart is the tip of the iceberg. Think how many are working illegaly[ cash in hand] and not paying any taxes.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

See the problem here, is that most illegal immigrants do work that the average American won't do for what they get paid. You drive by home depot, there are hundreds of them out there hoping to get a one or two day job doing some kind of construction work. Alot more of them are gardeners, janitors, leafblowers, maids, etc. Those are the jobs that the average American won't do, because it's too much work for too little pay. Since the majority of illegal immigrants do that type of work, why do so many people complain about them stealing our jobs? Because they need an excuse for being lazy and pissed off.

eg8r
12-04-2003, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See the problem here, is that most illegal immigrants do work that the average American won't do for what they get paid. <hr /></blockquote> I am sure you are all aware of this, but the Dems are the groups that continue to push for minimum wage increases. American workers will continue to work (when getting less paid) the problem is that the government gaurantees them a certain amount of money to make and they are much happier with the inflated amount the government offers. Illegals have no one to complain to about being underpaid. So they shut up and are just happy to have a job. I am quite positive, if we gave equal "rights" to illegals, they would be demanding more money.

eg8r