PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to beat next?

griffith_d
12-02-2003, 02:33 PM
There is this guy named Tommy where I play who I would consider a semi-pro. Very few people have beaten him where I play. He has won the Houston Open at Legends in League City and took 6th last month.

I just cannot seem to beat him. I have beaten people that have beaten him and have beaten everyone there except him,...but he seems to be my nemesis when it comes to pool.

I have got to beat him tonight!!

Who is your nemesis?

Griff

dg-in-centralpa
12-02-2003, 02:40 PM
For me it was my second cousin. He used to be the local pro many years ago. But time and drugs have taken a toll on his skills. He is still an excellent shooter but not as he was. I had to play him 2 weeks ago in a tournament to go to the money round. I crushed him 6 - 2. This was the first I ever beat him badly. I would win a game now and then, but this time I was in the zone and he couldn't touch me. I felt great afterwards. I didn't win anymore after that, but I accomplished what I wanted.

DG - tied at 33 - 48 in the tournament out of 220

2shiny2bshy
12-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Over Christmas I hope to whoop my Dad's butt! It's all his fault that I am addicted to pool and that I play left handed. It will make it so much better if I get to the pros before he does (good luck there, I know).
For now I'm just happy with the fact that I beat Carey and he wasn't giving me a chance /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif(should have raised the stakes on that one but what can I say, I'm just too shy to be so shiny).

Barbara
12-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Any one player in my tour would work for me... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara~~~has to start practicing again... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Troy
12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
The demon in my head... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
12-03-2003, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> The demon in my head... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Troy...That's what I was going to say! In other words, "not to beat myself!" LOL

Scott

=k=
12-03-2003, 07:10 AM
this was my wife's goal not mine but it was great.. her goal to beat her hot dog brother.
table 8,000.00
cue 600.00
hours of practise. lots..
priceless: the look on her brothers face when she beat him.. not only once but three times in a row. she is hooked now. if i could only get her to do drills..

Scott Van Dyke
12-03-2003, 07:52 AM
A guy in my 8-ball league. Stewy. He's really not all that awesome of a shot. I just haven't beat him yet.

Two years ago, I ran the table off the break at their tavern. Eyed up a tough side pocket 8-ball, and made it in for the win. Trouble was, I used a bit too much "body english" and moved the CB a tad with my stick as the 8-ball dropped. Table-scratch. My bad. I lose.

I'm gonna get his ass this Thursday.