PDA

View Full Version : Bert Kinister's Star Pattern Tapes.....

woody_968
12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Have any of you used any of the Star Pattern Tapes?

I have his work out for 9-ball, and the Don Feeney series. While I agree there was alot of "filler" in them, and Don's series was a little dry, I was happy with much of the content I had gotten out of them and would like to get a few more of his tapes. Just looking for a lil direction.

Thanks

ceebee
12-03-2003, 09:27 AM
I have the 6 & 9 point Star Pattern Videos. There is some good qualified material in these tapes. You'll find it amazing how many of these shots come up in your matches. Bert Kinister sells a lot of video tapes, because there is some good material in each one.

You can pay Bert or someone else for this material, read a book or practice for months & years... it's your choice.

dmgwalsh
12-03-2003, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Have any of you used any of the Star Pattern Tapes?

I have his work out for 9-ball, and the Don Feeney series. While I agree there was alot of "filler" in them, and Don's series was a little dry, I was happy with much of the content I had gotten out of them and would like to get a few more of his tapes. Just looking for a lil direction.

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Why don't you call him, tell him you've been working on his 60 minute workout, and what kind of pool you play, and see if he could suggest another good tape (at a discount).

I've got the star stuff, but haven't really worked on it yet. Am too busy with my Scott Lee drills, the 60 minute workout and other odds and ends from Billiard Digest and Black Belt Billiards. Dennis

Doctor_D
12-03-2003, 07:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Have any of you used any of the Star Pattern Tapes?

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Good evening:

Bert has opened a room in Mechanicsburg, PA. Why not take a lesson form him if you are with-in a reasonable distance. Mechanicsburg is not far from Harrisburg, PA.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

woody_968
12-03-2003, 07:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>
Good evening:

Bert has opened a room in Mechanicsburg, PA. Why not take a lesson form him if you are with-in a reasonable distance. Mechanicsburg is not far from Harrisburg, PA.

Dr. D.

<hr /></blockquote>

I wish I was closer, but I live in Indiana. I would like to take some lessons from a certified pro but dont know of any near by.

Doctor_D
12-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Good morning Woody:

Diana "Dee" Minor, a former WPBA Touring Pro who has retired from competition, lives in the Columbus, Indiana area and does provide instruction &amp; coaching. Please "PM" me for her contact information.

Dr. D.

woody_968
12-04-2003, 03:33 PM
I remember when Dee came through town here a couple times and wooped up on some of the local boys /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dmgwalsh
12-04-2003, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

I would like to take some lessons from a certified pro but dont know of any near by. <hr /></blockquote>

Why not pm Scott Lee. He's going to be in the midwest in January. Check out some of the posts about him. Dennis

woody_968
12-04-2003, 04:32 PM
I would love to take a lesson from Scott, just dont know if he would ever be close enough for me to get to him. Guess I need to see what his schedule is like.

There is one guy in town that is pro caliber, I believe he played on the tour a few times even. I have taken a couple lessons off of him in the past, I supose I could see if he has any time for a lesson or two.