PDA

View Full Version : F9Ball/Brady Behrman Prize Ripoff

Ross
12-03-2003, 11:09 AM
I joined Fantasy9Ball at it’s inception about 1 ½ years ago. It sounded like a cool concept, similar to the Fantasy Football and Fantasy Baseball contests. You paid a fee that allowed you to enter contests to win prizes if you were the best at predicting the outcome of various major pool tournaments. And indeed it has been fun except for one major problem: Brady Behrman does not deliver on an extremely large number of promised prizes. Here are some facts.

1. Non-delivery of prizes:
Many F9B participants are still owed prizes that were won over a year ago. Non-delivered prizes include Talisman Tips, subscriptions to Billiard Digest Magazine, Phil Capelle Books, vZine memberships, Tip Piks, Run-Out Sportswear Gift Certificates, and others. I personally won but never received a set of Talisman Tips, a CueSight Laser cue, and a BD subscription. If you doubt what I say, go to the forum at Fantasy9ball.com and look under the Prizes section. (Note that the previous forum with many more months of complaints about missing prizes was removed when Brady upgraded the forum software.)

2. Repeated promises/excuses/but no follow-through:
Most of the participants at Fantasy9Ball are very patient. We understood there might be start-up problems. So many of us have repeatedly e-mailed Brady and posted on his forum asking about our prizes. Starting in the Fall of ’02 Brady began responding with excuses and promising to do better. For example, in Dec. of ’02, due to the many complaints he stated that he was going to a “new shipping system” and that ’03 was a new year and everything would be sent in a timely fashion. Well it is now a year later and we are still waiting. Since then we've heard about supplier difficulties, sponsor's reneging, shipping difficulties, lost addresses, etc.

Personally, I have sent Brady a list of the prizes I "won" but haven't been sent along with my shipping address probably a dozen times over the span of over a year. I've done this via e-mail and many posts on the F9B board and the previous board that disappeared. Brady simply did not answer many of these e-mails and posts. When he did reply he would apologize, give an excuse, and then make a vague promise that he would look into it. And then I wouldn’t hear from him again. For example when I e-mailed him in September ‘03 about Talisman tips I won in Nov. ’02 he blamed it on supplier difficulties! Somehow I find it difficult to believe that in the course of 13 or so months he could not find a set of Talisman Tips, put them in a box, and ship them out. I’ve gotten private pm’s from several other F9B participants who have had the exact same experience. I didn’t get my CueSight Laser cue because the “sponsor reneged.” No reason given for why he hasn't been able to call in my BD subscription (or subscription extension I guess since I already subscribe).

3. Bait and Switch:
Almost since it’s inception, F9B has prominently displayed a beautiful Gabriel’s 9 foot table as the Grand Prize for the participant that racks up the most points in 2003. However, a couple of weeks ago, Brady announces that No, you won’t be winning that Grand Prize after all. Instead F9B is substituting a Diamond 8 foot home table, and not only that, but you get to choose which model! (As if that makes it a positive switch.) No explanation, he just switched out the prize at the last minute. Now Diamond makes a great table, but so does Gabriels. And an 8-foot "home" table is not an even swap out for a high quality 9-foot commercial grade table. A Diamond 9-foot table would be an even swap out, IMO. I am no lawyer, but I believe luring people in with the promise of one prize and then substituting a lesser prize at the end constitutes fraud.

Why am I posting this information to this board? It is not my style to go public with complaints. I am a patient man and I like to handle issues privately. But the truth is that I am posting this because I have no other recourse. Being polite and patient hasn’t worked. Complaints to the F9Ball board have had no effect. My prizes are worth only two or three hundred bucks, so I can't financially justify taking any legal action.

I even warned Brady a week ago on the F9B forum that I was going to “go public” if he didn’t make things right. I don’t know if he’s checked the board in a week, but if he did he did not bother to respond.

I am also posting this information because some of you may have dealings with Brady in the future since he is so involved in pool-related ventures. And I want others to be forewarned so they don't get burned by him as we have been at Fantasy9Ball.

BTW, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get Brady to send me the prizes I’ve won?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Glad I didn't waste my money.

warren did ok though. Was his cue the first prize given out?

Nostroke
12-03-2003, 01:14 PM
i won a tip pik (Oh BOY!)and it arrived long after i forgot about it-it came in a small number 9? envelope-no other packing but somehow managed to make it through the post office.

The kid is desperately trying to make a living doing something in the pool world related to the internet-2 things he enjoys. I dont blame him for that but that is a tough area and he has to learn that a promise is not a "will try" if he is to have any shot at success. If what u say is true he didnt learn much from those around him or his initital tournament.

Ross
12-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Wally,

F9B did, and I think still does, give out a lot of nice prizes. I won and received a $400 Joss cue, a World Pool Championship poster signed by 16 of the best players in the world, and a nice Tip-Pik. So I would be happy with my booty if I hadn't been promised several other prizes as well. And it doesn't help that I've been led on for months about receiving them. I come from the school of thought that says "If you promise something, then you deliver. If you are not sure you are going to be able to deliver, then just don't promise it."

Where Brady is going wrong (IMO) is that he doesn't want to build up slowly and solidly. A smaller contest that he knew he could back up with reliable and timely prize delivery would have been so much better both for him and his reputation, and for the participants as well. Also some laziness on his part, since some of the undelivered prizes were very small and can't be accounted for by lack of funding.

Brady_Behrman
12-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Wow, Very Nice post Ross, No Welcome Home or anything?

Fantasy9ball is fun and exciting and believe me is no Bread Winner but maybe it's good for pool. Prizes do get sent. Prizes are shipped from Manufacturers and we are making progress by making connections with the Suppliers who do SHIP. Things are getting better.

As far as the table goes it clearly states in the FAQ section "All rules, regulations, or prizes are subject to change." The Table was switched for good reasons to better suite all parties..Thats All I can Say about that.

I am not going to argue with you and do agree some things take too long some may be my problems, some may be others. The Pool World is tough and I love pool so i stick around and try to better pool.

My Phone Number is posted on the forum which i posted last week and will again post it here LOUD and PROUD, MY HOME # is 757-222-0999

Thats All For Now
Thanks
Brady

UWPoolGod
12-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Brady-
You are doing good for pool. The only thing that I would have an issue with joining is that if I am thinking that I am going to possibly get a 9 foot table by winning, it should be a 9 foot table. I could possibly accept a manufacturer change but not a table size change. If I thought I was playing for a Gold Crown 4, but because "All rules, regulations, or prizes are subject to change" I supposedly won a 7 foot Valley table I would be a little peeved. The shipping of prizes might take a while do to dealing with distributers, I could accept that...but not something like changing the prizes.

Would be like Vegas having a Progressive slots around a Hummer H2 and then saying due to the disclaimer that the winner is only getting a Rav4. Nah..don't think so.

Brady_Behrman
12-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Believe me, I understand and thanks for being gentle..lol

If its table size thats an issue I am sure we can accomodate. I have actually had numerous emails saying that they dont have room for a 9 and wanted a 7.

I would like to win something, ANYTHING..lol

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Brady

tateuts
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Brady,

Here's some business advice you may wish to consider:

- apologize when you let people down

- get people squared away, one way or another, when you let people down, and fix the problems so you are less likely to let people down again in the future.

- respect your customers and their efforts to bring problems to your attention.

- run a profitable business, or everyone loses in the end.

Ross posted this out of frustration. The best thing you can do is show him some respect by treating him like what he is - a customer - accept blame, fix it, and move on. When you've got it fixed, talk about it right here. It's the best free advertising you could have.

Chris

Brady_Behrman
12-03-2003, 05:13 PM
- apologize when you let people down

I do and I do understand the frustration. Everyone gets prizes just not as fast as we ALL would like

- get people squared away, one way or another, when you let people down, and fix the problems so you are less likely to let people down again in the future.

I would love to! and continue to try

- respect your customers and their efforts to bring problems to your attention.

I Understand

- run a profitable business, or everyone loses in the end.

Very True!

Thanks Alot
Brady

Ross
12-03-2003, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> Wow, Very Nice post Ross, No Welcome Home or anything?

<font color="blue">Brady, as I said, I posted this as a last resort. I've posted to the F9B forum and e-mailed you repeatedly over many months, yet I still don't have the prizes you say I've won. What am I supposed to do???
</font color>

Fantasy9ball is fun and exciting and believe me is no Bread Winner but maybe it's good for pool. Prizes do get sent.
<font color="blue">Some do, some don't. The problem is with the ones that don't. </font color>
Prizes are shipped from Manufacturers and we are making progress by making connections with the Suppliers who do SHIP.
<font color="blue">That's not always true. Have I not received the BD subscription I won because the Manufacturer didn't ship? Many contestants are still waiting for Tip-Piks they are owed, and I believe you were a representative for the company? </font color>

Things are getting better.
<font color="blue">You said that a year ago, and again last Spring, and again in September when I e-mailed you. I still haven't received my prizes. </font color>

As far as the table goes it clearly states in the FAQ section "All rules, regulations, or prizes are subject to change." The Table was switched for good reasons to better suite all parties..Thats All I can Say about that.
<font color="blue">How does it "better suite" the winner to receive a cheaper 8' home table instead of a 9' commercial quality table?

And just because the FAQ says it, doesn't make it legal to renege on prizes when people paid to enter the contest. It is a common legal principal that certain obligations remain no matter what disclaimers are posted. And I'm pretty sure switching out to a cheaper grand prize at the last minute constitutes fraud, FAQ or no FAQ. </font color>

I am not going to argue with you and do agree some things take too long some may be my problems, some may be others.

<font color="blue"> So part of this MAY be your problem? Let's see - You are the main person behind the site, you are the one encouraging people to join, you are the one who never answers my e-mail with a definitive answer, you are the one who keeps saying it is a shipping problem, etc. and you are the one not sending the prizes I won. But you think it only MAY be partly your problem? Take some responsibility, man!!! </font color>

The Pool World is tough and I love pool so i stick around and try to better pool.
<font color="blue">Don't give me this old "I'm doing the best I can for pool." routine. Simply keep your word, follow-through with what you start, and THEN maybe you will be a benefit to the pool world. </font color>

My Phone Number is posted on the forum which i posted last week and will again post it here LOUD and PROUD, MY HOME # is 757-222-0999
<font color="blue">Are you proud that the enterprise you are a co-founder of doesn't deliver on it's promises? Are you proud that many, many contestants have to repeatedly contact to try to get something to happen, something that you should be taking care of on your own? And why should I have to call you to get my prize. You've e-mailed me before and said you would take care of it. You have my address you have my list of prizes I'm owed, why should I have to call you??? </font color>

Thats All For Now
Thanks
Brady

<hr /></blockquote>

Brady_Behrman
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Ross, You are absolutly 100% right, You shouldnt have to call me. My emails are so plentiful it is next to impossible to keep track of them. I need some type of organiztion help perhaps. My Fault, My Problems, Stick around all will be well

Bottom Line, YOU WILL GET WHATS YOURS!

Thanks
Brady

Ross
12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Tateus,

You said it very well.

If I ever heard Brady say, "Sorry about the delay. I will call BD today about your subscription extension, I will personally put your Talisman Tips in the mail by mm/dd/yy even if I to buy them out of my own pocket, and I am going to send you xxxx (equivalent value product) in place of your CueSight Laser cue by mm/dd/yy" I would not be posting here. Especially if he followed through.

Still waiting, though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ross
12-03-2003, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> Ross, You are absolutly 100% right, You shouldnt have to call me. My emails are so plentiful it is next to impossible to keep track of them. I need some type of organiztion help perhaps. My Fault, My Problems, Stick around all will be well

Bottom Line, YOU WILL GET WHATS YOURS!

Thanks
Brady <hr /></blockquote>

When?

Chris Cass
12-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi Ross,

BTW, I would like to personally thank you again for donating the Accustats videos at the CCB tourney in Va this past yr. That was really nice of you.

Regards,

C.C.~~reminds me to keep my promise I made to Pooldaddy9.

Ralph S.
12-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Ross, I understand your frustration. Rightfully so perhaps. This much I can say, I have also won prizes on F9B and yes, I think I was shorted a few of the smaller prizes, but this is not why I am responding to you. The reason that I am responding is I think you was just a little harsh to publicly try to ridicule or humiliate someone in the manner that you did.

I personally have met Brady and believe him to be sincere and genuine in his efforts. Is he making his best effort at fulfilling his obligations? Only Brady himself knows the true answer. If you were to start a business venture of some sort, I am sure you would have some start-up problems also. Every business does.

A friend of mine I play with regularly won a session of F9B and received all his prizes, I have seen them with my own eyes. He goes by the handle STEAMROLLER. As for the table, Diamond is a very high quality table and nothing to sneeze at. You must realize, the entire year to play was fifty dollars. Very minimal investment for a shot at an item that retails for several thousand!!

You have called him out publicly, and he publicly made the promise to rectify any problems or issues with you. Give him the chance now to make good and show us he is a stand-up guy many here believe him to be.

Popcorn
12-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Don't expect much different. Want to know the future, look at the past. I read a quote years ago and have applied it to every business I have owned. "Always deliver more then you promise". You can not fail if you do business like that. Never tell the customer your problems, they are not interested. There are always things that come up that you did not anticipate, but you should have fail safes built into your business plan. Success is not an accident and listening to this guy, I hope he has a good job, business is not his thing. Just being honest.

Billy
12-04-2003, 02:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Don't expect much different. Want to know the future, look at the past. I read a quote years ago and have applied it to every business I have owned. "Always deliver more then you promise". You can not fail if you do business like that. Never tell the customer your problems, they are not interested. There are always things that come up that you did not anticipate, but you should have fail safes built into your business plan. Success is not an accident and listening to this guy, I hope he has a good job, business is not his thing. Just being honest. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM
12-04-2003, 04:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Don't expect much different. Want to know the future, look at the past. I read a quote years ago and have applied it to every business I have owned. "Always deliver more then you promise". You can not fail if you do business like that. Never tell the customer your problems, they are not interested. There are always things that come up that you did not anticipate, but you should have fail safes built into your business plan. Success is not an accident and listening to this guy, I hope he has a good job, business is not his thing. Just being honest. <hr /></blockquote>

Brady Behrman, don't give up the ship. You've got a lot of friends who appreciate everything that you do, and I know you will resolve the prize distribution as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you and The Kid, and keep on making it happen: Those Who Make It Happen (http://www.hometown.aol.com/khmccready/index.html)

RailbirdJAM

Singlemalt
12-04-2003, 06:04 AM
While I may not know Brady, I do know Ross. He (IMO) has every reason to feel the way he does. I also participated in F9Ball for (1) session and quit because of all these issues.

This has nothing to do with a "new business" or anything as such. While I have no doubts that starting a new business is tough, it should not be tough at all to not make promises that you know you cannot keep.

JimS
12-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Nice web site and you have a point...but it's hard to believe what someone says when they apparently are not living up to what they have said in the past.

Jim...waiting to see, not wanting to be judgemental but leaning......can't help it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ross
12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
OK, an update.

Brady left a message on my answering machine last night to call him. I did so today and he has promised that he will call in my BD subscription extension today, will e-mail Talisman and have them send my tips sent to me, and will personally send me a Sardo Rack (as a replacement prize for the CueSight Laser Cue I won) in the next "couple of days" so I will receive it next week.

So he has taken the first step of giving me dates on when I can expect to receive my prizes. This should have happened months ago, but I'm ready to move forward now, so I give him credit for that.

The next step for Brady is to follow through-- make the phone call to BD, get a firm commitment from Talisman that they will send the tips by a certain date, and pack up the Sardo Rack and get it to UPS or the US Postal Service today or tomorrow. If he does this, I will be a happy camper, and he and I won't have to worry about this issue anymore.

I will let everyone know next week if I have indeed received my prizes. If I do, I will make sure Brady gets public credit for his positive response both on this board and the F9B board. If I don't I will let everyone know that as well.

I also hope Brady will restore the Grand Prize to a 9' table and ship out the prizes he owes other F9B participants.

PS - Thanks to all of the posters who realized that I had a legitimate complaint and also to those who provided some very good advise to Brady on how to run a successful business.

Ross
12-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Singlemalt,
Thanks for your support.

Ross
12-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi Chris,

Glad you enjoyed the tapes. My only fear is that if study them and improve your game any more you will be COMPLETELY unbeatable in future CCB tourneys! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
12-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Ross,

I am glad you are getting your stuff. Sucks it took this long and it is worse you were forced to take this route to get this solved.

eg8r

JohnBarton
12-04-2003, 02:35 PM
For any of you that won Instroke cases and haven't received them - I am at fault and NOT Brady. He has been trying to contact me for several months and I have not returned his emails. I have procrastinated getting him the promised cases and that has undoubtedly caused delays. Please accept my apology to anyone who was promised an Instroke and did not receive it yet. On the following Monday I will send cases to Brady.

John Barton, former owner of Instroke.

Brady_Behrman
12-04-2003, 03:11 PM
John, So great to hear from you, I was very worried about you. You are truly a gentleman and I thank you for all that you have/had done for pool and for my family and I. Please call me 757-222-0999.

Happy Holidays

Thanks Again
Brady Behrman

JimS
12-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Stand-up move John.

cueball1950
12-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi Ross,,, i have to agree and disagree with alot of what has been said here. I am glad you won some prizes and am sorry it took so long and this type of action to get some response. But i know Brady pretty well and i firmly believe he has a good heart and is trying to do good for the betterment of our favorite sport. Like all humans he does have some faults. But i guess that is why God made all of us different, so that none of us can be perfect. I hope he follows thru and does send you the prizes you have won. I don't think he has been trying to be dishonest with anybody. Heck, i have called him and sent him emails and he never returns them either. or the call is returned weeks from when i first tried to contact him, and then i cannot remember what i called him for...lol....must be an age thing.. he has done alot for our annual ccb tournament the last 2 years. Hopefully we can all give him the benefit of the doubt. I also know he has been going thru some personal problems the last year or so. maybe that also has something to do with the delay. anyway, i hope everybody gets their prizes and ends up happy. And nothing like this has to be posted again....mike....Happy Holidays everybody

TalismanTony
12-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Hi Ross,

Talisman has been a supporter of Fantasy9ball since the start (or pretty close). Previously we sent product to Brady to distribute to winners and now we are sending prizes out directly to winners as soon as we are informed by Brady. We have sent out 2 cases in the last 4-5 weeks or so. Please email me and let me know what Talisman tips you won and I will make sure they are sent out immediately.

Kind regards,
Tony.

Irish
12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
This thread ends on a very positive note for the way it started. Kudos to Brady for running a great site and to the distributers for accepting their fault in the unfortunate delays. Nice to see various people in the sport working together like this and sorting things out in a positive manner, gives me hope yet for the sport. Do make the 8 or 9 foot thing a choice though, 8-foot tables are for ball bangers. Real players play on 9-foots! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-08-2003, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr>Do make the 8 or 9 foot thing a choice though, 8-foot tables are for ball bangers. Real players play on 9-foots! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
"Real players" may play on 9 foot tables, but they practice on a table that will fit in their home, especially when they are winning it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Giving the winner a choice is the best idea. Some don't have room for a 7 foot table, let alone a 9 foot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mutchnick
12-08-2003, 03:52 PM
I have a lot of experience with Brady and fantasy 9ball.com. I won the first session and a GREAT Capone Cue. Additionally I won a Joss cue along with many other prizes. I did receive my prizes but it took a lot of work on my part. If you won prizes and did not receive them - go get them. We all have many options and alternatives in collecting what is owed to us. Choose the option that best fits your personality. Brady will deliver. I contacted the cue makers directly. All that being said I think Brady is doing the best he can do. He took on more than he thought, did not get eneogh players and this has caused delays in delivering prizes.

Scott "still can't make a bridge" but I have a beautiful Capone Cue that I won for a six dollar investment.

Retardo
12-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Someone I met once was talking about having a "$100,000 added" tournament and pay the field with rubber checks and pocket everything. I said you will get arrested and thrown in jail. He replied pool players are too dumb,They will take the hit it and just whimper , They will not even report it to anyone. They will be just happy to play in a tournament.From what I can see here, I think he was right on. Most probably, He would be excused and praised for trying to help pool. His second tournament might get a bigger field.

Warren_Lushia
12-08-2003, 08:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Glad I didn't waste my money.

warren did ok though. Was his cue the first prize given out? <hr /></blockquote>

lol, no i am certain my prize(s) was not the first given out, my lil' sis won the first free event and got all her prizes. here is a link to one of the prizes i won (pictures (scans actually) of my cue) that i think wally is referring to:
http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=201
its a gorgeous cue! even better in person. i won a few tip piks, i gave the rest away at the local pool hall and told them how i got them. i won a 9-pack of talisman tips and gave probably about 5 or 6 of those away -- haven't tried one on my gilbert cue, so i can't comment, but the ones i gave away and got feedback on, was all positive.

the main prize i never received was an instroke case (i won 2 of them in total, i got one of them before i even won the gilbert cue, so it is resting safely inside it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif but john collins/barton has stated here that the instroke case problem was his fault, but it has been almost a year (the event i won 1st place for was the DCC last year).

i did receive some prizes i also did not "win". for instance i started receiving a BD subscription, but i was owed a capelle book, so i thought that was an even trade. i have also had a laser-sight cue sitting in my closet completely unopened (even the shipping package) that is not mine, which i have had for almost a year. I let brady and mike know about it right away, but have not gotten further instructions despite many emails (quite a while ago now).

i take it easy on brady, cause i like him and i think his heart and mind is is the right place, just his business sense needs work. its too bad, f9ball was a great concept, marring it at the outset really hurt the participation, hence the growth. oh well.

warren

Wally_in_Cincy
12-09-2003, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warren_Lushia:</font><hr>
....i have also had a laser-sight cue sitting in my closet completely unopened (even the shipping package) that is not mine, which i have had for almost a year. ...<hr /></blockquote>

That must be the one that Ross didn't get. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds like a lot of nice prizes were given out. Maybe I need to join up.

warren, I was going to contact you to see if you wanted to shoot a few, but we did not make our annual trek to Keeneland this year. Maybe in the spring.

Wally

Warren_Lushia
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Warren_Lushia:</font><hr>
....i have also had a laser-sight cue sitting in my closet completely unopened (even the shipping package) that is not mine, which i have had for almost a year. ...<hr /></blockquote>

That must be the one that Ross didn't get. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds like a lot of nice prizes were given out. Maybe I need to join up.

warren, I was going to contact you to see if you wanted to shoot a few, but we did not make our annual trek to Keeneland this year. Maybe in the spring.

Wally
<hr /></blockquote>

i'm pretty sure the cue likely belongs to chuckles, because him and i switched prizes at one point (i got third but want the fourth places prizes more, and chuckles (who got fourth) and brady graciously agreed).

but hey, if you come down to keeneland definitely give me a buzz!! even if you don't have time to shoot a few i'll come out and bet on the ponies with you!

and your right, alot of great prizes have been given out, it just makes me sad that brady lost alot of followers by being a bit sloppy on the business end. i'd say f9ball has given away probably 7-8 thousand dollars worth of prizes, and i have won about 1 large myself. i don't think brady ever realized how much the complaints (mostly legitimate) hurt f9ball, and especially his handling of those complaints.

warren..

bobjohnson
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Prize update! I was fortunate to win 1st place in the Glass City Tournament in November. Main prize was a Mike Sigel cue. Secondary prize was a Talisman 2x4 cue case. The case just arrived. Thanks Tony &amp; Brady. This was a pretty good turnaround time. I wait patiently for the cue from Mike Sigel. The case is soooo good that I almost feel intimidated by it. My 2 pce Dufferin certainly isn't case worthy so I'll have to wait for my prize cue.

eg8r
12-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Which Mike Sigel cue did you win? Is it from his $100 line of cues or the Custom line?

eg8r &lt;~~~Guessing the $100 but would be kewl to get one from the other

bobjohnson
12-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Interesting question. Although the description &amp; photo listing the prizes at fantasy9ball seem to indicate a cue from the Intimidator Series which is $119.00, the value of the cue is stated as $250.00. The Sigel cues are displayed on www.Acue4u.com (http://www.Acue4u.com) so if it is a perfect world the 10% discount might be applied to the $279 Elite series. This comes closer to the stated $250.00 value. Who knows, although logically a $119.00 cue probably shouldn't be first prize over a $355.00 Talisman case. I will probably try to get some feedback from Brady through the fantasy 9 ball site.Stay tuned.

eg8r
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
I would definitely want the Talisman case instead of the cue. Congrats on the win. I was just wondering if it was one of Sigels $2000.00 cues. It is not as your post shows.

Thanks.

eg8r